ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: lance, Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
simple setup and still need help !!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Feb 3rd, 2008 07:05 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
holje

Just to let you know. I'm pretty new at this.

I bought my first piece of equipment yesterday !! nothing special

It's a digital recorder, a sony ICD P520 it has a USB connection to download the files to the pc.  The software I have is Adobe soundbooth. 

Keep in mind, this is my first time using this stuff and I have no idea of what to do !!! Does it matter what format I use to save the file ?.wav .mp3 or .. ? I noticed in the .wav files there are many different options does that matter also ?

When I pull the file up in Soundbooth, do I need to do anything to the file ? I noticed that my first recording picked something up, but it was not as loud as my own voice - I asked a question and waited, then I heard on the recording what seemed to be a response.  I could not hear it clearly and raised the level.  Is this what is to be expected ? or is a response from spirit as loud as your own voice ?

I'm sure there will be more questions to come and I hope someday to be able to contribute back to you all also !!!

Thanks in advance,

Holly

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Feb 3rd, 2008 12:09 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Holly,

.mp3 is the most commonly used format for posting and saving audio files because it is the smallest; however, there are some software programs which require the file to be in .wav format for editing (such as Clear Voice Denoiser).

Typically you will choose .wav pcm format for the most compatibility.

No, it is uncommon for a spirit response to be as loud as your own voice - and this depends on both the person and the environment. Yes, people usually amplify the recording - if not the whole thing, then at least the portion where spirit answers.

Here are some helpful links from the American Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena. I highly recommend that you begin your research by visiting their website.

http://www.aaevp.com/techniques.htm
http://www.aaevp.com/techniques/techniques_evp_using_audacity.htm

If you have any additional questions, please feel free to post them here.

Thanks,

Keith

Posted: Feb 4th, 2008 07:37 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
TT

Hello Holly,

I am very new here as well as I just became a board member on the 29th of Janruary. 

I purchased all the equipment and software and after a few days of "practicing" I felt I could get a good file but I couldn't denoise, or amplify etc. My files would always come out distorted to the point that I thought they were worthless.

I have been extremely fortunate to have had my first contact that I am aware of today. Surprisingly it is not so much the filtration of the files that you do but it is more becoming accustomed to listening to the files. The voices are there but often times we are preconditioned to tune out things we find illegible at first and often overlook things. Hence why cleaning up the files makes it just easier for us to hear them initially.

I have been reviewing my own files today and cleaning them up and finding more things said that I intially missed. Going back over the raw file later I pick it up clearer then the one I edited. I cannot explain how it is just how it is working out. I think it is just because I am learning to listen to a different form of speech.

As for the settings of your programs, maybe someone here could help you filter your files initially to help you play with your own settings to see what they will sound like. I know that was a huge help to me. Then when I understood what others were doing to the files I was able to pick out pieces for myself and filter them.  I am still very new to it and still find I miss more then I get but with the help of others on the board I feel I am moving along at a lightning pace when I thought it would be months till my first contact.

As one side note. Others here warned me as well about protecting myself and they cannot be more correct. Make sure you are in the right frame of mind for this and calm and relaxed. I seem to have had a mischievious one want to make itself known to me on my recording and it was most definitely very clearly a class A recording. Which means it was very clear and very legible with no filtration at all. Prior to that a woman told me in the same recording to protect myself.

Fortunately I do not scare easily and I whole-heartedly believe that my guardian spirits are always with me and they will protect me as well.

I hope this information helps and if I can be of any assistance please let me know but again I am still an infant in my own experimentation so it would be more of just being able to say what I have been doing.

Toby

Posted: Feb 7th, 2008 07:27 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
holje

thank you Keith for your warm welcome !!! and thank you for the links.  It has given me some ideas.

I'd like to eventually make a box of my own..The only thing is that I'm not electronic, I am technical though.  I was wondering if it would help if I got one of those kids kits from Radio Shack ?? I am more hands on then a reader.  I know this kids kit is not going to lead me into making a box of my own.  But, rather give me some understanding of components and how they work ?

Does this sound like a dead end ? or do you have another suggestion ?

Holly

Posted: Feb 7th, 2008 07:29 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
holje

Hi Toby !!!

Thank you for the reply !!

What kind of equipment did you purchase ? and what kind of software are you using ?!?!

Holly

Posted: Feb 8th, 2008 07:24 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Holly,

If a person were to attempt to learn basic electronics by building a kit, there's a place called Ramsey's electronics online. It may be a good place to start.

At the same time though, it's only natural to want technical knowledge and want to duplicate technical methods. What I have found is that people may end up gravitating toward an area which suits their interests more closely, and bonds well with their creative energy. Few people are electronics-savvy, and there are other routes that they can take as an alternative.

I have built several small kits just to try them out. When it's all said and done the largest effect the project had on my work with ITC was the concentration of energy I had when I focused on that kit and built it. That's not to say that a person may build a device and successfully use it. What I'd like to focus on is the person, not the equipment. It doesn't require technical knowledge to make contact, and it doesn't require money or expensive parts either.

These are the things I have found from my own personal experience. Fortunately, there are many other ways to experiment with ITC nowadays than just evp alone. Some of those are becoming more common - such as water photography. Either way, I wish you the best in your experiments, and look forward to your future work.

Thanks,

Keith

Posted: Feb 10th, 2008 01:42 AM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
TT

Holly,

Sorry for the delay in responding. 

I actually purchased more then i needed to start.
Glad I got:
Digital recorder from Radio Shack Olympus model VN-3100pc
Didn't need:
Omnidirectional Mic
A 1993 Autoscan scanner which I could zero in on certain frequencies up to 900mhz.
An older Multiband radio which also gives me good frequency ranges.

My biggest opps was realizing a bit late, I should have read even more then I did, was that it takes very little to actually start and be successful.  I felt I had to try to mimic what everyone else was doing.

With Misty's suggestion all I did was set the digital recorder outside the shower area when I took a shower and let it record while I asked questions while I was showering.  My mind isn't often on straight but the shower really helps to relax and calm myself. I feel that this helps me with my own resonance.

I then just hook up the digital recorder to the USB cable that comes with this particular model and move the file to my PC for reviewing.

My own obstacle is in reviewing them properly. Not editing them too much. Not trying to read too much into what I am hearing.  I have just about every audio program that everyone here may use or at least the ones that people use to review them. I am finding that simplicity to start is actually the best method for me until I become more comfortable with what I am doing. Basically tuning myself.

I hope this info helps and if there is anything I can do to assist let me know. Except for reviewing your recordings. I can barely make heads or tails of my own unless they reach out and slap me. ;)

TT

Posted: Feb 10th, 2008 06:42 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
holje

Hi TT

Thank you !! that is what I'm finding..start simple and that is what I have done !!!

I did get one recorded EVP so far and that's better than nothing..the shower idea is good.  I haven't left my recorder on long enough but to ask 5 questions.  I will try it again this morning.

I have a very simple set up and a simple audio software.

thanks again for your help..I'll keeo at it !!

Holly

Current time is 06:44 AM  
ITC Bridge > Ask a Question, Give an Answer > Opinions, advice, techniques, software, and methodology > simple setup and still need help !! Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1871 seconds (18% database + 82% PHP). 25 queries executed.