View single post by TT
 Posted: Feb 10th, 2008 01:42 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
TT

Holly,

Sorry for the delay in responding. 

I actually purchased more then i needed to start.
Glad I got:
Digital recorder from Radio Shack Olympus model VN-3100pc
Didn't need:
Omnidirectional Mic
A 1993 Autoscan scanner which I could zero in on certain frequencies up to 900mhz.
An older Multiband radio which also gives me good frequency ranges.

My biggest opps was realizing a bit late, I should have read even more then I did, was that it takes very little to actually start and be successful.  I felt I had to try to mimic what everyone else was doing.

With Misty's suggestion all I did was set the digital recorder outside the shower area when I took a shower and let it record while I asked questions while I was showering.  My mind isn't often on straight but the shower really helps to relax and calm myself. I feel that this helps me with my own resonance.

I then just hook up the digital recorder to the USB cable that comes with this particular model and move the file to my PC for reviewing.

My own obstacle is in reviewing them properly. Not editing them too much. Not trying to read too much into what I am hearing.  I have just about every audio program that everyone here may use or at least the ones that people use to review them. I am finding that simplicity to start is actually the best method for me until I become more comfortable with what I am doing. Basically tuning myself.

I hope this info helps and if there is anything I can do to assist let me know. Except for reviewing your recordings. I can barely make heads or tails of my own unless they reach out and slap me. ;)

TT