ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
ITC Bridge > Members > Introduce yourself > Howdy from Texas

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, lance, Keith Clark, Deborah, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Howdy from Texas  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Apr 23rd, 2010 10:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
HollyTx

Hello, everyone!

I am a spiritual person and have been reading about and listening to EVP's for quite some time. For four years, we have lived across the road from a large, country cemetery. It is a lovely, peaceful place - though carrying sadness, of course - with the first grave dating back to 1861.

I had considered  trying to record EVP's myself but had been hesitant and afraid to, until the past few days. This afternoon and evening, I recorded (on a cassette) four session from inside my home using manually-generated white noise from the AM band of a radio. While I understand that this is not the best or most sophisticated method and that one has to be careful not to mistake words which are broadcast from those originating in the spiritual realm, it does seem that I received some responses.

Before recording, I told the spirits that I cared for them and would pray for them if that would help. I also asked that only loving spirits be present and that they would not use profanity as I'd heard on some recordings of EVP. The latter request was not exactly 'honored': fairly soon after, someone seemed to speak the abbreviation, "F. Y." in a clear, quiet voice beneath the radio chatter. There may have been more blatant utterances as well.

Again, I know that listening for EVP's is a very subjective process and wide open for mistakes, but I also heard or recorded these words or phrases: Ghost (very clear!), Holy (three times, though one instance rather may have been my name), Peace, "Help me", "Help us", "I love you", Beth, Beth White (?), Asleep, "He's dead", "I'm free to walk", Steve, Elaine, Jerry (or, 'Jury'), "Alive and not dead" (very clear), Elaine and Andrew (very clear). I'd asked for any spirits present please to give me their names, and also where they 'lived.'

Thanks so much for taking the time to read this. I think I'll wait a little bit before attempting to record again and may try to obtain a better device, but I am glad that I tried. I'm even a little less afraid than I was beforehand!

Wishing everyone a lovely weekend :smile:

- Holly

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Apr 24th, 2010 06:21 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Ray

Welcome Holly!
You have come to right place!
There are many members here that will help you along with your recordings and willing to give you any help if/when needed.
Again a Very Warm Welcome.
Ray
(evper)

Posted: Apr 25th, 2010 11:40 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Vicki Talbott

Welcome! Vicki

Posted: Apr 25th, 2010 11:04 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
HollyTx

Thank you very much, Ray and Vicki. I have been reading articles about 'ghost boxes' on the Internet today and also doing some soul-searching. Since we do live near a large cemetery and responses seem to have come so easily from a simple, jam-box style of radio, I'm not sure that it would be a wise or safe thing to continue. In addition, I have a young daughter and don't want her to be negatively affected by her mom's reaching out to the spirit world. Most of the entities who 'came through' seemed benign, and 'heaven' was even given as their dwelling place on two occasions ... but I don't think that this was the case with all of them. None of the names given - with the exception of one, potentially - were those of people close to me who have passed on.

It is sad, in a way, that spiritual communication using radio signals may not be a safe thing to undertake. Perhaps it is kind of like venturing out into a big city bustling with strangers. One would like to go up and hug everybody, but safety dictates caution. Any insights and experiences you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again :)

- Holly

Posted: Apr 26th, 2010 05:54 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

Watch the interview with Ernst Senkowski in the "Video Library - ITC Related".

Posted: Apr 26th, 2010 08:53 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Holly,

People who do strictly transform EVP have reported contact with negative entities as well, so it is not just the radio sweep method that can produce these kinds of contacts.  I have never had to my knowledge a negative entity come through.  I have had some strange messages, but nothing I would consider off putting.  I can understand your concern about your daughter (and yourself), though.  Remember that a sense of harmony with those on the other side, a sense that you are contacting only the higher beings, and some form of protection that you feel comfortable with will help.  Vicki

Posted: Apr 26th, 2010 11:44 AM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
lance

Hello Holly...

Welcome to the forum...

Enjoy!!

Lance..

Posted: Apr 26th, 2010 02:53 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
HollyTx

Thank you Vicki, and hello, Lance :)

Vicki, I did everything I knew to do to make the sessions spiritual and peaceful. It very well could be that I misheard some of the 'messages.' Also, I noticed a greater frequency of profanity when listening/recording while a family member, who carries much anger, was present in our home. Again, most of what I captured was just people giving their names. They really sounded like nice folks! :)

I may listen again to the tape later this evening. If I can get the proper cord set-up going, I might also try to transfer some of what was recorded into a digital file, so that I can share online.

Do you think living near a cemetery might increase the amount of messages one receives from the 'other side'?

Thanks for your welcome and feedback. Neocortex, I will locate that video and watch it.

Kind regards to everyone :)

- Holly

Posted: Apr 26th, 2010 04:45 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Holly, We are planning a move right next door to one if all works out. I don't think it will change my contacts any. We live now right up the road from a supposedly very haunted grave site, and I have only gotten pleasant EVP for the most part when down there walking the dog. Oh, once we got a woman telling us to go away (from her grave) but that's about it. That's been my experience anyway. Oh, I have misunderstood a couple of messages as being negative but when I shared them others hear things differently. Looking forward to listening to your posts! Vicki

Posted: Apr 27th, 2010 12:58 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
HollyTx

Thanks, Vicki. I think that I may have misunderstood some of what I was hearing because I was turning the dial manually. It is not as smooth or accurate a process as when a radio is altered and the band is scanned automatically ... like with the 'ghost boxes.' I did record some words which clearly were broadcast by radio stations. There is also interference from my clumsy movements and the stations being crossed.

Our cemetery doesn't have the reputation of being 'haunted' per se. But my subjective feeling is that there are many spirits around. Certain parts of the cemetery feel 'electric' to me ... as does my home, at times. I realize that some would think I'm a little off-balanced in saying this :) Yet, I am being honest. I am also thankful that we have experienced no overt paranormal (frightening) activity in our house.

That was not the case when we lived across the street from another cemetery, about ten years ago. One of the reasons that I decided to try experimenting with EVP is that so frequently, when house-hunting, we would arrive to meet the realtor and there would be the house ... and the cemetery! My husband and I kind of chuckled about it after a while. So, here we are once again :)

My background is in History and I do feel very close to old things and to those who have gone before us. I (subjectively, of course) have experienced encounters with departed loved ones and other spirits previously - just not through EVP. Maybe this has something to do with why I seemingly received so many responses to my recording effort.

There is one place on the tape I made where I hear a young man (I think) say softly, "Rudy." Then he repeats his name more loudly and clearly a few seconds later. And there was a lady who very clearly stated her name as 'Jeanenne.' These just aren't names that one commonly would hear on the radio in our area. And it is like they were recorded underneath the radio band as it traveled along.

Thanks for taking the time to read all of this! I will share if I try again and especially if I am able to transfer a recording into a digital file :)

Have a lovely day :)

- Holly

Posted: Apr 29th, 2010 06:48 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Holly,

Welcome to the forum!

It is good to see that you are continuing on in your exploration of evp. I am confident that as time goes on, you will become more comfortable communicating with spirit and learning what works best for you.

Judgement of what you hear is balanced with what we think other people may hear. To some extent, a person actually has to step out there and invest some time and effort to make progress, and in that regard not be too analytical. Typically, most people are worried about others losing themselves in the sounds, and this is a concern also. SImply put, the more time worked with, the better the opportunity.

We look forward to you sharing your results with us here on the forum.

Keith

Current time is 09:58 PM  
ITC Bridge > Members > Introduce yourself > Howdy from Texas Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1727 seconds (37% database + 63% PHP). 26 queries executed.