ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, lance, Keith Clark, Deborah, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
joe's box  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Sep 22nd, 2008 10:34 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
joecioppi

My name is Joe Cioppi, Sr. (read old), and live in Hatboro, Pa.

I have been an electronics engineer until recently disabled. Because of this, I've started to work at home.  Some projects are an inexpensive ghost shadow imaging panel and a simple ghost "radio" for reception of EVP voices without the recorder. I would like to build field instruments  for ghost hunters.

I'm the designer and builder of Joe's Box FM ghost radio. The concept is the same as Frank's Box, designed by Frank Sumption. My version is intended to make ghost messages more understandable using FM radio with noise squelch.

Also have a digital camera for ITC experiments. It's a nice digital Fuji s5200  5 megapixel but may not be a good ghost camera... some what poor IR or  low light capabilities. I will try to use an external IR pass filter in daylight IR photos with the intention to write results as they come in. In the mean time I am setting up two modified Olympus c-2040 2.1 megapixel cameras for stereoscopic photos in infrared lighting..... 3D ghosts.....

My designs are based on the possibility that spirits or ghosts can only be visually apparent indirectly...reflections, shadows, electronic devices that have been externally influenced by spirits, etc. Thus, visual images must be formed with materials and energies present in this world. These materials could be uniform clouds of charged particles such as photo copier toner, smoke in draft free enclosures, or uniform energy fields that can be scanned for external influences, and displayed on video screens. Current spirit images may be weak or distorted because they depend on random ambient materials or energies to become clear to the human eye or ear. Reflected and  scattered light doesn't project clear, bright photo images. EMI energy fields can add distortion and noise to weak electronic recordings (EVP.)

Energy beacons and cloud chambers could be setup in active locations such as stairways and doorways frequented by spirits for the purpose of capturing clear images by various means. An energy beacon could be a steady and uniform emitter of energy that suits the instrumentation used to monitor the coming and going of ghosts...and of a strength somewhat higher in level than ambient energy from natural sources. An example would be the detection of cold spots or shadows in a focused beam of far infrared radiation..( heat from a radiant heater ).

There are many groups doing paranormal investigations. I get the impression that many are newly organized or expanding, and are going to the available sources for equipment. Their equipment lists usually include cameras, voice recorders, thermometers, field meters, etc. These instruments are spot monitors of natural or man made phenomenon. Except for voice recorders and video camera recorders, they take data one instant at a time and need to be logged manually to make a record.

Investigators at ghostgadgets.com and mesaproject.com have linked similar spot sensors to  multichannel computer instrument inputs. At haunted sites, the sensors are spread out in fixed locations and their outputs are recorded during the investigation time period. Movement of  disturbances are analyzed by changes of instrument data from the fixed sensor positions.

The TAPS group and others record video and sound with cameras and mics located at investigations. These sorts of inputs are more presentable on a TV show than instrument data or graphs and charts. These networks of video and sound equipment are expensive and need crews to setup, operate, and transport. The temptation to 'create ghosts' is very strong under TV production conditions.

These observations lead me to believe that the reduction of the various instruments to sensors with wireless data outputs and wireless data network computer inputs would go a long way to improving ghost instrumentation. I have only recently been interested in ghost hunting equipment and would appreciate hearing technical details that I haven't run across as yet. I'm interested in the use of real world data that indicates "outside" influences. Starting with a thermistor matrix to indicate activity in the ever present heat "field" around us.

joecioppi

Attached Image (viewed 432 times):

case_ant.jpg

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Sep 24th, 2008 03:05 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Misty

Hi again Joe. Welcome to the group!

Misty

Posted: Sep 24th, 2008 06:42 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Joe,

Nice to meet you. Your ideas stimulated some thought in me, I particularly liked the ideas mentioning the use of toner and 3d imaging.

I feel that the arrays of sensors you describe would be most valuable, considering they can provide hard experimental data over hype. As far as the proper use of these items, that is narrowed down to a smaller group of people.

I look forward to your contributions to the forum.

Keith

Posted: Sep 25th, 2008 09:52 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Slider2732

Was good to read up on more of your interests...
The linear energy field effect (lefe, pronounced 'leaf' maybe) had me wondering, at least to the point of naming it :blush:
One idea I mucked around with mentally and haven't got anywhere with yet, is a system of EMF meters, all linked to a central PC and recording changes in levels at a higher resolution than 1 standard meter could. Field shifts would be given graphically and superimposed onto a live video input of the area. In that way, changes could be witnessed to move, evolve, alter across a larger area and may give a spirit energy a form, through the changes. If enough small sensors were arranged to give a 3D picture, it might be similar to some of your thoughts.

However, I also strongly agree about the need for a controlled source of energy. I recently aquired some dead rechargeable battery packs, for a 12V Black&Decker drill. A friend of ours had been given the drill and a few packs, found them to be useless to him and so passed them along to me. I rejuvenated a couple of the cells (double voltage the wrong way round for a few seconds, double voltage the right way round and then double voltage again the wrong way round), after finding that 2 or 3 1.2V Ni-Cd's were properly duff. Now I have what can only be described as power house ultra amp scary batteries ! I can't run LED's without a hefty wattage resistor, as smaller ones literally glow red hot ! More to the point, a 9V motor will spin happily on 2 such cells.
So, the power output of a portable device that delivers a strong source of linear energy may well be a route to take with these. Being batteries, they're portable, being powerful, they might work with such a project.
I'd be delighted to learn more of how such a field effect could be designed into an envisioned product and would hope to assist in your endeavours along that route.
Current thinking is almost answered in my writing there. Beam of some type, detected by a FET (got some mpf102's)...hmm...awaiting your reply :)  

Posted: Sep 25th, 2008 06:15 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
joecioppi

Hello Slider,

This pic shows a magnetic field oscillator for low frequencies:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j84/joecioppi/DSCF0121.jpg

Here is a drawing of a magnetic field oscillator mounted in a tube to align the magnetic field for broad coverage of an area to be monitored:

http://i78.photobucket.com/albums/j84/joecioppi/osc_beacon_vert_tube.jpg

The field is shaped like a doughnut and can cover a large area with a steady intensity low frequency magnetic field. EMF sensors can monitor fluctuations at various points in the field and be mapped to show local variations or spikes in level.

joe

Attached Image (viewed 428 times):

osc_beacon_vert_tube.bmp

Last edited on Sep 25th, 2008 06:28 PM by joecioppi

Posted: Sep 26th, 2008 10:24 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Slider2732

With the field energies being a known variable, there's still the thoughts of fluctuations through battery drain and other factors. I would regulate with a 7812 or 7805 for constant voltage (depending on end result field effect strength through testing). Further fluctuation smoothing would allow a reliable source from which to gather LEFE data.
I like that thought and principal, it's spurred me on...thank you !

Posted: Sep 30th, 2008 03:46 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
nerol

hi Joe

Posted: Oct 1st, 2008 03:21 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
joecioppi

Hi nerol,

Are you interested in tech projects?

joecioppi

Last edited on Oct 1st, 2008 03:22 AM by joecioppi

Posted: Oct 2nd, 2008 08:51 AM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
lance

Hi Joe, Long time no see:biggrin:  how ya doing?   and welcome to the forum, take care, Lance..

Posted: Oct 3rd, 2008 10:21 AM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
joecioppi

Hi Lance,

Wish I could come to one of your appearances in the 'States to meet you in person.

joecioppi

Posted: Oct 30th, 2008 08:32 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
nerol

hi there, sorry it took me so long to respond .. yes i really am interested in all kinds of tech projects, meditation, and really just anything to do with the paranormal

long live coasttocoastam for ever and ever is what i say lol

Current time is 11:10 AM  
ITC Bridge > Members > Introduce yourself > joe's box Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1571 seconds (29% database + 71% PHP). 25 queries executed.