View single post by joecioppi
 Posted: Sep 22nd, 2008 10:34 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
joecioppi

My name is Joe Cioppi, Sr. (read old), and live in Hatboro, Pa.

I have been an electronics engineer until recently disabled. Because of this, I've started to work at home.  Some projects are an inexpensive ghost shadow imaging panel and a simple ghost "radio" for reception of EVP voices without the recorder. I would like to build field instruments  for ghost hunters.

I'm the designer and builder of Joe's Box FM ghost radio. The concept is the same as Frank's Box, designed by Frank Sumption. My version is intended to make ghost messages more understandable using FM radio with noise squelch.

Also have a digital camera for ITC experiments. It's a nice digital Fuji s5200  5 megapixel but may not be a good ghost camera... some what poor IR or  low light capabilities. I will try to use an external IR pass filter in daylight IR photos with the intention to write results as they come in. In the mean time I am setting up two modified Olympus c-2040 2.1 megapixel cameras for stereoscopic photos in infrared lighting..... 3D ghosts.....

My designs are based on the possibility that spirits or ghosts can only be visually apparent indirectly...reflections, shadows, electronic devices that have been externally influenced by spirits, etc. Thus, visual images must be formed with materials and energies present in this world. These materials could be uniform clouds of charged particles such as photo copier toner, smoke in draft free enclosures, or uniform energy fields that can be scanned for external influences, and displayed on video screens. Current spirit images may be weak or distorted because they depend on random ambient materials or energies to become clear to the human eye or ear. Reflected and  scattered light doesn't project clear, bright photo images. EMI energy fields can add distortion and noise to weak electronic recordings (EVP.)

Energy beacons and cloud chambers could be setup in active locations such as stairways and doorways frequented by spirits for the purpose of capturing clear images by various means. An energy beacon could be a steady and uniform emitter of energy that suits the instrumentation used to monitor the coming and going of ghosts...and of a strength somewhat higher in level than ambient energy from natural sources. An example would be the detection of cold spots or shadows in a focused beam of far infrared radiation..( heat from a radiant heater ).

There are many groups doing paranormal investigations. I get the impression that many are newly organized or expanding, and are going to the available sources for equipment. Their equipment lists usually include cameras, voice recorders, thermometers, field meters, etc. These instruments are spot monitors of natural or man made phenomenon. Except for voice recorders and video camera recorders, they take data one instant at a time and need to be logged manually to make a record.

Investigators at ghostgadgets.com and mesaproject.com have linked similar spot sensors to  multichannel computer instrument inputs. At haunted sites, the sensors are spread out in fixed locations and their outputs are recorded during the investigation time period. Movement of  disturbances are analyzed by changes of instrument data from the fixed sensor positions.

The TAPS group and others record video and sound with cameras and mics located at investigations. These sorts of inputs are more presentable on a TV show than instrument data or graphs and charts. These networks of video and sound equipment are expensive and need crews to setup, operate, and transport. The temptation to 'create ghosts' is very strong under TV production conditions.

These observations lead me to believe that the reduction of the various instruments to sensors with wireless data outputs and wireless data network computer inputs would go a long way to improving ghost instrumentation. I have only recently been interested in ghost hunting equipment and would appreciate hearing technical details that I haven't run across as yet. I'm interested in the use of real world data that indicates "outside" influences. Starting with a thermistor matrix to indicate activity in the ever present heat "field" around us.

joecioppi

Attached Image (viewed 436 times):

case_ant.jpg