ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge has evolved into our sister site iDigitalMedium.com Please join us there or look us up on Facebook. For those of you interested in LIVE streams, go to http://idigitalmedium.com/streams As of 3/13/18 we will not be registering new users. We thank you for a wonderful 10+ years! ~ Ron & Keith

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
My First Capture-2001  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Dec 23rd, 2014 05:36 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Setup:
ART Tube MP.
Large Diaphragm 1" condenser (very similar to a Marshall MXL 990).
Cool Edit Pro.

The capture took place during the late spring/summer of 2001.

This was captured where I grew up, and lived for 16 years.
The place was chewed up. I could spin flax golden tales, for days, over the bizarre phenomenon that happened there.

One morning, I decided to experiment with my new mic setup, to see how sensitive it was.

This capture was completely unintentional, and unprovoked.  Not sure I really even knew of EVP or ITC, at the time.

It basically consisted of me sitting as quietly as I could , with headphones on, and turning up the gain on the Tube MP.

I digitally amplified the gain in Cool Edit to a ridiculous level, and ran hard noise print.
The recording pretty much sounded like static before the noise print...

I did not hear this sound during the recording process, only after I applied the gain and noise print.

The house was completely open, back door, windows, you can heard the birds out back getting louder as I adjust the gain settings.

When I finally rendered the noise print effect, I was surprised to see a large peak in my wave form.

And this is the sound it made.
Listen close at 32s.

Attachment: listen close at 32s.mp3 (Downloaded 706 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 12:29 AM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > My First Capture-2001 Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1184 seconds (15% database + 85% PHP). 26 queries executed.