View single post by pipesmokingman
 Posted: Oct 2nd, 2009 01:22 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
pipesmokingman

your point about "personal gain " is a very good one Keith , i believe FAR too many researchers in the paranormal field have to seriously QUESTION their personal motives , be these fame , financial , or other motives

and frankly , i believe THIS in part is why there is not much success in research in a lot of cases ( and this applies to the WHOLE gambit of paranormal research ) because the MOTIVE for their interest or work IS not unselfish research , with the eventual reward of being able to help others , but one of "how can i exploit this to make me famous / money out of this ?? " - we see it all soo much on the TV and round the net

DO THIS WORK FOR YOUR OWN EDUCATINON AND /OR THE GOOD OF ALL - OR DONT DO IT AT ALL !!

right having said that ( which as usual i will be dismissed as some sort of crank for saying - but is something i believe strongly in ) - to the question

there is a difference in the way AM and FM is demodulated , and one of the main reasons we use FM is something called the "capture effect " which means without going into a long winded technical explanation - that the strongest signal picked up by a FM receiver wins through - where as an AM receiver will allow you to also hear any weaker signals on /about THE SAME FREQUENCY - vis we only get the specific station we want - not a jumble of competing stations ( actually you CAN detect FM stations on an AM radio by a technique called "slope detection "

this and other factors is probably why spirit may find it easier to influence AM , however , i am still not totally convinced that this influence IS connected to RF , and believe that there may be some OTHER FORM of energy impinging ,either directly or on the electronics of devices

+ ( and this is important ) that the human presence can act as some sort of "antenna" and that the human voice , modulating the surrounding air , somehow helps facilitate EVP - don't know how , but i have noticed that a lot of EVP slips in to the gaps between people talking ,say during an investigation

any ways just my 10 pence worth as always

good luck with this - BUT REMEMBER ,but again PLEASE do your work with PURE motives - or surely you will not succeed !!