View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Oct 22nd, 2008 10:40 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

Ray, that you didn't use flash is one of those great plus points of orb photography results in many circles, as it were. So often, the reflections of brighter objects can bounce light readily and especially when the camera is performing duties it may not be optimised for. Seems that i've never seen an orb on a summers day beach shot for example.
Your pic there does though have areas of intense bright light and that may be the reason for the orb, maybe not.
I recently studied many pictures taken by an English psychic for her, she was wondering if there were any themes, traits, tell tale signs and it seems there were. Bounce effects are a subject unto their own, where light from say a street light in the distance hits the lens just off center to the left and an orb shape will appear just off center to the right. Worth some experimentation at night and using flash indoors with items like polished silvered stove fronts etc. If orbs still don't show up with the same camera, when intended to do so, then such images as your shot above become even more evidencial.  
Being open minded is crucial though and something I reminded myself of recently...while seeming perhaps negative with reasonings and mathematical judgements of some orb shots, I then went on to formulate the Influential Energy Sphere theory posted on the messageboard lol. Bit of a wobbly fence i'm sitting on !

Joe, it's amazing how many don't know of the I/R filters within cameras and webcams. Plus that they can usually be removed quite readily with tiny screwdrivers and a lot of luck with not slipping onto the body of the device (oops in my case). Recently took the filter off a webcam we used to have on our internet webcams (which need setting up again now we've moved house) and the amount of image data was vastly increased. We had a gas heated home and the cam sat facing into our basement, with boiler in shot. Quite breathtaking watching the boiler fire up ! the pilot light could be readily seen on cam but not with the naked eye and then when it fired up there was a wash of colour as the burners ignited. The difference is almost like watching a FLIR. I noted the Olympus Z1's are they ? and interestingly I just aquired an Olympus Camedia C-700 off our local Freecycle, with near exact shaping as your cameras. It doesn't power up and the thought is the DC/DC converter, with power not being enabled with batteries, wall power supply or any other method now that it's in pieces. If you've any tips on repair I would be all ears :)

Good luck guys with future developments.

Last edited on Oct 22nd, 2008 10:41 AM by Slider2732