ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
ITC Bridge > Paranormal > Paranormal - General > orbs and light anomalies

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
orbs and light anomalies  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Feb 17th, 2007 03:25 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
mark

in the uk ,many people photograph randomly and get dust ,pollen,on camera and think they are getting spirit,travellin in a ball form of energy......

so many of these photos are not paranormal,and a lot of groups just have these as evidence they think of the paranormal....i  can see,feel the real type orb which isnt dificult to capture on camera,although they look fairly similar,there is a difference.what are your experiences on these orb type photographs?

has anyone here got a genuine photo of an orb?

i have many and will post one soon.......

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Feb 17th, 2007 04:04 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hello Mark,

Here's a clip you may find interesting - it a mention of orbs and other phenomenon by William of The Circle of the Silver Chord during a seance held on December 23rd, 2006.

Transcript
Audio file

The above linked-to files were retrieved from The Circle of the Silver Chord's website.

Keith

Posted: Feb 18th, 2007 12:45 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
mark

thanks for that ,but,how strange when the man says that us here on this planet cannot see orbs  with our own eyes!

i totally disagree!100%,sorry but i do

i can see orbs with my own eyes and i no other people say they do too

maybee it is that i see them through my 3rd eye?as i am a medium,i hope it is ok to disagree on here as it is a healthy debate

Posted: Feb 18th, 2007 12:48 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Yes, it is most certainly O.K. to disagree.

Well, I think William may have been speaking about the majority of sightings, rather than all-inclusive.

Keith

Posted: Feb 18th, 2007 12:55 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
mark

Keith Clark wrote: Yes, it is most certainly O.K. to disagree.

Well, I think William may have been speaking about the majority of sightings, rather than all-inclusive.

Keith

ok well thankyou,i would onlly do this respectfully anyway.i see orbs and i also have photos of the different type of manesfestations,which i may post at some stage

Posted: Feb 22nd, 2007 06:53 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
fratka

Mark, I also know people who can see orbs to varying degree's. As we all know, we all have different sensitivities to many things in our environment. Some have a wider range of wavelengths of light they can see, some can hear more than others, some feel more and so on.

For the most part people cannot see them and in some cases they are just ignored or written off as a figment or illusion. You are apparently one of the few who have a wider range of sight.

Back when I was a paranormal investigator I took thousands of photos but I only kept a few that I believed where actually paranormal in nature. The one I have linked below is probably the best orb shot I have ever taken. This "orb" was recorded by the video camera in the background also.

Posted: Feb 22nd, 2007 06:55 AM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
fratka

Sorry for the repeat

Last edited on Feb 22nd, 2007 07:02 AM by fratka

Posted: Feb 22nd, 2007 06:55 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
fratka

Sorry for the repeat

Last edited on Feb 22nd, 2007 07:00 AM by fratka

You have chosen to ignore Tazmom. click Here to view this post

Posted: Jul 5th, 2007 10:55 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
andrewaust

I agree that there are orbs, the most fascinating ones are those which contain a nucleus, some even have a facial form inside the orb.

I won't get into the debate regarding if you can see these with the naked eye, as I personally have not seen any that I could say were definitely orbs. :blushing:

It's all fascinating stuff!

Cheers

Andrew  :wink:

Posted: Mar 16th, 2008 12:57 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
EVPfan

I think, most of the orbs appearing on photos are out-of-focus dust particles, illuminated by the camera flash. The difficulty is to distinguish the few possibly anomalous orbs from the many dust orbs. Are there any reliable criteria?

Perhaps one criterion for the "paranormality" is the "message" they transport. For instance, they could form a symbol or even a constellation of stars. The latter happend to me recently.

Look at the following photo which was taken on our annual EVP convention 2 1/2 yeas ago:

Above my head you can see 5 orbs. Here is an excerpt with adjusted histogram and red circles around each orb:

When I posted this photo in another forum, someone immediately recognized the constellation Cassiopeia.

In fact, the formation of orbs reminded of the Cassiopeia constellation. However, the constallation was mirrored and also rotated in comparison to the orbs. So I took a graphics program, mirrored the constellation, rotated it 128° to the left, and resized it until it matched with the orb photo:

If the constellation is now superposed with the orbs photo, the stars amazingly match almost exactly the positions of the orbs:

Only the uppermost orb steps somewhat out of line...

Now is this only pure coincidence, or is it an indication for a possibly paranormal nature of these orbs? Who knows... :)

Stefan

Posted: Mar 21st, 2008 11:33 AM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Slider2732

Great linking there, in more than one sense of the word.
It also raises the possibility of thinking about orbs in another different way, that of them being always in motion. It could be, that the Kassiopeia orbs moved, but uniformly and so kept their shape as they travelled through the air.

I've been lucky enough to see 2 definite orbs so far. One was at night, bright red and in bushes at Marbury Country Estate, in Cheshire England around 2005. I saw it from a distance of approx 10ft and over a 5 seconds period it moved left to right about 10ft. The closest example in the real world for sizing etc, would be a red LED at arms length.
The other time was definitely weirder. I'd set up a PC and monitor in my livingroom in 2004. I was sat at the PC and watching TV, which was behind the monitor. From the rear of the monitor came a silent round white orb. It was fist sized and slowly working its way to the side of the monitor. The construction was clear to the eye, a central nucleus, with little pins of intense light fizzing outward to its edge. The pins seemed to strike the outer membrane wall and bend it slightly. This lasted for about 30 seconds, before it set off back around to the back of the monitor again ! I wondered what was in my coffee lol.

In photo's, I tend to cross reference from those two experiences.

Last edited on Mar 21st, 2008 11:34 AM by Slider2732

Posted: Aug 7th, 2008 04:41 PM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Midnight Angel

I think the key here is that until we can come up with something that can accurately identify a true spirit manifestation in the form of an orb, it would be too hard to determine if what you are capturing on camera is in fact something paranormal or something natural (dust. pollen etc).

I for one do not consider any orbs that our group captures on video or in photos proof of Paranormal activity. There are just too many other possibilities for what they can be.

In the 25 + years that I have been researching in this field there was only one time where I can say that there was a possibility that what we captured could possibly be Paranormal. In that case, we were investigating a private residence and at the time I had audio running. Just as I was about to snap a photo in an area of the room that was known to the clients as being active, I saw what appeared to be an orb like object coming from out of the doorway and out towards me. As soon as i saw it in my view finder I made a comment to a team member who was standing near the door. As he pointed the EMF Meter towards the door he got a spike on it indicating that there were high EMF fields in the area at that particular time. Earlier base readings did not indicate any. When I made the comment about what I was seeing through the camera lense (I could not see it with my eyes when I lowered the camera - only in the view finder) a voice was captured on tape saying, "It's me."

Even with this evidence we could not discount the possibility that the orb I saw in the view finder was dust or carpet fibre from the team member standing in that area.

Having said that I have had the opportunity to see orbs with my own eyes and they do not look like anything that I have come across in photos. The orbs that I have observed in the past appeared to have their own light source. The also appeared solid, and some appeared to move intelligently while others seemed to move more randomly. I have seen them in a variety of colous such as yellow, white, blue and red. I have also seen them in various sizes that ranged from small pinpoint orbs all the way to larger one's that were about the size of a volleyball. Again, this does not prove that what I saw was a spirit as it is also possible that it could have been associated with an electrical/energy discharge of some sort. Without having other evidence to back it up, it really is hard to say what it might actually be. I feel this is the same for other evidence out there. I think if people wish to consider them to be something Paranormal then they should have the evidence to back it up.

Posted: Sep 1st, 2008 07:38 PM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Slider2732

(sorry for the gap, with moving house and wotnot)

To me, there are various largely similar groups of people. Some believe in something because they've seen it, some hold a belief in anything someone 'respected' tells them of, some because it just feels right to them to think such a thing can be possible. Such containments would be regarding anything from religion to car repairs.
Having a truly open mind often means that data collection is sought, something to back it up with and offer more for changes of thought. Even with my own experiences, as detailed above, I don't have a belief in orbs. Weird energies maybe, but spirit based..well that's the whole belief in the afterlife thing again.

Your evidence, Midnight Angel, would seem to have corroborations with the voice and the image being more than a corner eye viewing. But yeah, who's to know the 2 things were related and indeed that would take a belief in the EVP being 100% solid. Can any EVP be 100% ? that's another debate.

One thing though...if we had to collect evidence for other interests like we do for spirit interactions, we would probably have a tougher time of those interests. Imagine someone seeing a nice wood carving youve done and then, before placing an order to build them something similar, demanding to see you actually build another, which tools were used, that there were no others present to assist the original building and that any signing of the work at the base tallied with signatures on other pieces !

Last edited on Sep 1st, 2008 07:39 PM by Slider2732

Posted: Oct 21st, 2008 09:02 AM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Ray

While I have no opinion (Yet) as to if orbs are dust or from the paranormal,I submit my one and only photo I have ever captured of an orb.
While on one of my trips to the local cemetery to record for EVP's,I found the inside of this mausoleum so attractive that I took some photo's.This photo was taken without the use of the flash.
You will notice what appear's to be an orb on the upper left hand side.
Ray

Attached Image (viewed 320 times):

IMG_0182 copy.jpg

Posted: Oct 21st, 2008 09:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Ray

Here is a close-up of the same orb.
Ray

Attached Image (viewed 319 times):

IMG_0182a copy.jpg

Posted: Oct 21st, 2008 11:51 PM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
joecioppi

Friends,

There are amazing evidences of paranormal orb behavior on just this page. I am building a stereoscopic camera pair to give orb pictures more depth and sense of shape. The Olympus cameras are shown by experiments to be more sensitive to near infrared than other cameras due to the sensor used. The same cameras have been modified to increase that sensitivity. I also plan to use IR led arrays for lighting instead of the built in flash lamps. They have shutter release sensors that are triggered by an optical remote. I have fiber light pipes to allow them to both be triggered together from behind the camera.

joecioppi

Last edited on Oct 21st, 2008 11:55 PM by joecioppi

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2008 10:40 AM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Slider2732

Ray, that you didn't use flash is one of those great plus points of orb photography results in many circles, as it were. So often, the reflections of brighter objects can bounce light readily and especially when the camera is performing duties it may not be optimised for. Seems that i've never seen an orb on a summers day beach shot for example.
Your pic there does though have areas of intense bright light and that may be the reason for the orb, maybe not.
I recently studied many pictures taken by an English psychic for her, she was wondering if there were any themes, traits, tell tale signs and it seems there were. Bounce effects are a subject unto their own, where light from say a street light in the distance hits the lens just off center to the left and an orb shape will appear just off center to the right. Worth some experimentation at night and using flash indoors with items like polished silvered stove fronts etc. If orbs still don't show up with the same camera, when intended to do so, then such images as your shot above become even more evidencial.  
Being open minded is crucial though and something I reminded myself of recently...while seeming perhaps negative with reasonings and mathematical judgements of some orb shots, I then went on to formulate the Influential Energy Sphere theory posted on the messageboard lol. Bit of a wobbly fence i'm sitting on !

Joe, it's amazing how many don't know of the I/R filters within cameras and webcams. Plus that they can usually be removed quite readily with tiny screwdrivers and a lot of luck with not slipping onto the body of the device (oops in my case). Recently took the filter off a webcam we used to have on our internet webcams (which need setting up again now we've moved house) and the amount of image data was vastly increased. We had a gas heated home and the cam sat facing into our basement, with boiler in shot. Quite breathtaking watching the boiler fire up ! the pilot light could be readily seen on cam but not with the naked eye and then when it fired up there was a wash of colour as the burners ignited. The difference is almost like watching a FLIR. I noted the Olympus Z1's are they ? and interestingly I just aquired an Olympus Camedia C-700 off our local Freecycle, with near exact shaping as your cameras. It doesn't power up and the thought is the DC/DC converter, with power not being enabled with batteries, wall power supply or any other method now that it's in pieces. If you've any tips on repair I would be all ears :)

Good luck guys with future developments.

Last edited on Oct 22nd, 2008 10:41 AM by Slider2732

Current time is 11:09 AM  
ITC Bridge > Paranormal > Paranormal - General > orbs and light anomalies Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1668 seconds (24% database + 76% PHP). 29 queries executed.