View single post by Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz
 Posted: Jan 30th, 2015 06:08 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

Project update.
The circuit board is wired. The VT sweep and LDR/LED strobe outputs are wired to terminal blocks. There is still work needing to done with some switching. Three way toggles will be used to switch from strobe on/off- default potentiometer control/on- with a combination off timing of the default potentiometer control. The controls being strobed are, brightness,contrast, and V-hold.

During The testing for the strobe controls, I took about 1200 photos. Unfortunately the images captured, appeared to be a lot sharper and defined, on the tiny display of the camera.

The images lacked optimal contrast and focus. In real time, the screen appeared to be mostly solid snow. Quick snaps on the camera show a different picture.

While the test was being performed. I was getting strange sounds, tonal resonance of sorts. There were a few voices captured. The old TV bands are not completely abandoned. There is still a chance of a random amateur radio user, CB, wireless phone, or baby monitor.  At certain higher sweep speeds, I would assume it wouldn't matter all that much, regarding multiple syllable single voice responses.

While the unit is not assembled, I think it would be prudent to incorporate a VT and scope tap, so that the band could be manually tuned, while observing the scope, to determine any occupied frequencies, and documented. Optimally the experiments should be videoed, while incorporating the screen and scope in the same frame. Coupled with the audio track on the recording, constant false positives can be ruled out. Intermittent transmission however can not.

Here are a few screen shots to demonstrate, the effects of strobing the contrast, brightness, and V-hold, while sweeping the band.

I will upload the audio snippets at a later point.

Attached Image (viewed 467 times):

multi screen.jpg

Last edited on Jan 30th, 2015 06:34 AM by Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz