ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Keith Clark, fratka, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
My first Capture!  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 10:37 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
ReshRick

This was caught during my first Water ITC with still photo's. I just used a simple little digital camera form the local Pharmacy and took the snaps.

I placed a mirror in a bowl of water and bgan snapping after stirring up the water. I cut this face out of the main pic. The entire photo was too big to post/

Do you see the person in this? If so, please feel free to describe them - I;d love ot know if we see the same thing!

Thank you!

Attached Image (viewed 301 times):

Dad-Cropped.jpg

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 10:42 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
ReshRick

Here is a cut from the original picture. It was a water-filled, galss bowl.

You can see the face in the lower section. No enhancements or modifications were done to either image.

Thank you all for any input!

Rick

Attached Image (viewed 297 times):

Dad & Water.jpg

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 11:14 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Slider2732

I haven't much familiarity with this method, but must say - YES :)
A guy looking to the right, within the boxed shape. He has a bushy moustache and looks somewhat like Mark Twain.

So, the box shape around his head shouldn't be there either I presume ?
Very interesting, very intriguing..

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 01:00 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hello ReshRick,

Welcome to the forum.  I look forward to seeing more of your efforts.

I see your image better in the 2nd pic you posted.  Nice.

We have a dedicated section specifically for water and reflection methods.

You are encouraged to post your pics there so that others can find them easily and make comparisons to other peoples work.

The section is here:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_forum.php?id=13

Some of our members use a teabag to give the water some added depth.  Others have used various light sources such as fluorescent - laser and the light from an optical mouse. 

I also noticed the bowl you used has slight angles to it.  I have used an etched bowl myself for a specific reason.  That pic is located here:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=1673&forum_id=13

Keith,  the administrator of this website has done many experiments that have included water and mirrors.

Here is an example of his setup:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=131&forum_id=13

If you have any questions please ask.

Regards,
Ron

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 06:59 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
ReshRick

Thank you for commenting!
I wanted to be sure I was not the only one that could see that. And this was the very first time I have even tried this.

I think I am developing an obsession! :wink:

As for the box looking shape above his head, I am not certain what that is either.
Hmmmm.!

Posted: Jan 4th, 2013 07:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
ReshRick

ArizonaEvp wrote:
Hello ReshRick,

Welcome to the forum.  I look forward to seeing more of your efforts.

I see your image better in the 2nd pic you posted.  Nice.

We have a dedicated section specifically for water and reflection methods.

You are encouraged to post your pics there so that others can find them easily and make comparisons to other peoples work.

The section is here:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_forum.php?id=13

Some of our members use a teabag to give the water some added depth.  Others have used various light sources such as fluorescent - laser and the light from an optical mouse. 

I also noticed the bowl you used has slight angles to it.  I have used an etched bowl myself for a specific reason.  That pic is located here:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=1673&forum_id=13

Keith,  the administrator of this website has done many experiments that have included water and mirrors.

Here is an example of his setup:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=131&forum_id=13

If you have any questions please ask.

Regards,
Ron

Thank you for the tips and comments, Ron. I truly do appreciate it!

I guess as far as questions go, the only thing I would like to ask is how to do more. :wink:

I will keep watching and learning and definitely put up what I find (in the correct section too! LOL

It's a pleaseure to meet you all!

Rick

Posted: Jan 5th, 2013 02:28 AM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Slider2732

Say Rick, I think i've worked out what the box is. If you look at it as a postage stamp it makes sense as his background.
'Mr. Twain' has a dark background behind him because of the clear water and his light coloured hair or features. So he needed to stand out.

Noted you put 'Dad' as part of the file name (just seen when replying)...if so, that's a special capture indeed :)
I wonder, was it postage stamp sized ? and could that be something to do with a written letter or even stamp collecting related to him ?

Posted: Jan 5th, 2013 03:55 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
CDS

I believe I saw in another of your posts you're using a square mirror? If so... I was thinking the boxy area was reflection of the edge of the square mirror you're using?

The Southern New England Paranormal Society (SNEPS)

Posted: Jan 5th, 2013 10:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

ReshRick wrote: I guess as far as questions go, the only thing I would like to ask is how to do more. :wink:

Hi Rick,

I guess you could say the sky's the limit.

Are you agitating the water?

If not you could just place your fingers along the edge and move them back and forth.

You could put a couple of drinking straws together and gently blow into it to stir up the water.

You can take your stuff outside and give it a try. 

To prevent reflections from objects around the bowl you can place the bowl / pan into a box.

Your light source can come from various directions including overhead.  If you have a light over your dining table,  place the bowl so you can see the overhead light in the center of the water and then begin to agitate the water.

As far as taking pics,  if you use a digital camera,  you can either take one pic at a time.  Don't worry about seeing something before snapping the pic....just take multiple shots.

Or if your camera takes video,  take short legnths of video and then review it frame by frame.  If you see something good,  do a screen capture and put the pic into Paint or other software.

If you would like to explore the water and mirror option,  you can view this video Keith made a while back.  The water method starts at 50 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQwgsZroqnQ

Hope this helps,
Ron

Posted: Jan 7th, 2013 12:30 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
ReshRick

CDS wrote:
I believe I saw in another of your posts you're using a square mirror? If so... I was thinking the boxy area was reflection of the edge of the square mirror you're using?

Yes, Chris.

I was using the mirror becuause it ws the only one that was nerby. I figured it would add another level of "reflectivity". That background area could have had something to do with the frame of the mirror.

I'm still getting used to seeing what some of you experienced guys can see.
:biggrin:

Posted: Jan 7th, 2013 02:19 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Slider2732

That was a good call CDS with the mirror shape.
The test would be to take another couple of pics from the same spot with the same lighting. If the square is always shown then there ya go...however it only formed the framing of the captured image, the content remains.

For reflectivity you could check out the 'Devils Box'...6 mirrors forming a cube.
http://www.parahauntnews.com/2011/07/devils-toy-box.html
From the creepy reports i'm not sure it's something i'd build, but would be fascinating with a webcam, light source and water bowl inside :)

Current time is 04:59 AM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Photography (Images taken with still cameras) > My first Capture! Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1408 seconds (22% database + 78% PHP). 28 queries executed.