View single post by neokortex_simulacrum
 Posted: Feb 12th, 2011 04:26 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
neokortex_simulacrum

Eyes, I had a lot of them in my old video-itc days. Only a few were quite good, hence I started to dismiss them as forms of pareidolia. Nevertheless the simplest structures can be mistaken for eyes because when one looks for faces, the first pattern they seek are the eyes (2 circles). For instance, try to zoom into the smallest details of an image. How many eyes do you see?

If we had more of them very detailed and prominent, I'd suggest they are symbols of some kind. However even then wouldn't I convey them a complex meaning at all, perhaps only a general one.

As for recording in HD I doubt that higher resolution will give out better results. I did a video-feedback session last Spring using a Sony miniDV camcorder. Don't know the exact name of it, but it was the university's camera, very professional-looking, that allowed me to change every setting that's possible. For image used an LCD flat monitor. Recorded in Pal, I think the resolution was 720x576, and at reviewing could pick out many results although only one face came out especially sharp-featured. Looking back at earlier sessions, (both TV and LCD) the pattern seems to remain the same: 1 face is the most detailed and there could be a lot's of possible but also disputable ones.