View single post by Ty
 Posted: Feb 9th, 2011 08:25 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Ty

drrh wrote: Ty I don't think they are reflections of your eyes!  There's just too many of them in random places.  It would be neat to know why you get so many eyes though.  I wonder if it means something. 

Well I like them and think they are really good.  Very clear to see without a lot of enhancement like some pics have to be.

Debbie:biggrin:

Hi, Debbie.  I recall that when I posted a bunch of water pics on the atransc site, Tom Butler remarked that my pictures seemed to have a lot of eyes in them; his theory was that perhaps I tend to focus on a person's eyes more than any other feature.  He felt that with a little more practice, I should be able to receive more complete images, like detailed faces.  Could be. 

I've always wanted to ask someone with expertise in photography what they think of all these eyes.  I see so many of them in my water pictures, that I often wonder if what I am seeing can be explained by more natural means--perhaps a trick of light and shadow, or something like that.  And yet, all I have to do is look at that one water picture that I shot at my cat's grave.  I don't know how, or why, but the images in that picture just look like eyes: the oval shape, the color, even what appears to be vertical-shaped pupils.  I'm a very skeptical person, but even I have a hard time explaining an image like that.  And then there's the more human looking eyes.  I don't know what to think.  Lately, however, I've been wondering what my water images would look like if I were to use a newer camera, one with 12 or 14 megapixels instead of the old 3 megapixel camera I used to shoot these.  The results might prove to be very interesting.