View single post by Les Harris
 Posted: Jun 22nd, 2010 06:25 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Les Harris

This website might be predicated on the existence of ongoing life in some form and in some other place after physical death but I am a member here (and on other sites) because I am NOT convinced and this is, for me, an information gathering exercise. 

I would have given little credence to the concept of the continuation of life in some form after physical death had it not been for the current thinking in quantum mechanics and particle physics, in which it is seriously postulated that there must be dimensions that we cannot observe and that without such other dimensions, observations cannot be otherwise explained.

My reading is not confined to the EVP/ITC phenomenom; it also takes in fields that can be relevant, such as quantum mechanics and particle physics.  I have not yet found objective evidence that life continues in some form after physical death.  What I have found is instances of phenomena that cannot be explained by current knowledge - and this is a parallel of the current state of quantum mechanics and particle physics.

If, in my lifetime, definitive answers can be found or proof provided of the postulated other dimensions, that could prove or disprove the concept of life ongoing in some form after physical death, which also postulates other dimensions.   In the meantime, I will continue to gather information from all sources, including websites similar to this one.  Whilst there is much objective evidence, the concept is not yet "proven" to my satisfaction.

I had a good laugh at your survey.  (I recently conducted two separate surveys, asking our peers what they believe the public perception is of paranormal research. Sadly, the majority consensus is "entertainment.")  I have in fact asked a few of my peers what they thought about the concept of other dimensions and/or parallel realities.  I must confess to setting them up in that I offered no underlying information.  When I got the expected replies of "rubbish" and "impossible", I then showed them several recent papers in particle physics which postulate parallel realities.  The response is usually long, thoughtful silences. 

I have not gone into the matter of EVP/ITC with any of them but there are two who have extraordinarily analytical brains and I might, after I have gathered more information, ask them for opinions.  It could be very interesting.

Les Harris