View single post by Old GUy
 Posted: Jun 11th, 2010 08:10 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Old GUy

Keith Clark wrote: Howdy, Keith.Since men of science are the most likely to be involved in such research, those are the people I speak of. If a person is seeking evidence that life exists after death, they will find it....and be sure of it.

Therein lies the rub. (I get a sense that you already know this.)

In order for "evidence" to gain acceptance as "proof" by the scientific community, it must be subjected to the review process before it will be recognized as law, hypothesis, theory, postulate, or principle. Any research claiming such "evidence" or "proof" must be reproducible and incontrovertible. This has yet to be achieved in any field related to the paranormal. Two modern examples that failed the scientific litmus test are cold fusion and global warming.

The roots of this process go back at least as far as Aristotle in the 3rd century, B.C.

The second statement is problematic for me because it is certainly so true. People continue to insist that they see faces on orbs because they continue to look for them. Yet the majorty concensus is that orbs are merely dust particles.

Still I'm left with the question: How do you know?