View single post by Schuyler
 Posted: Jun 7th, 2010 03:00 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Schuyler

Not a very active forum, I'm afraid. I believe I just about have a working Spiricom. Most of the parts are here. I, too, corresponded with Meek when he was alive and managed to get an original book and cassette tape of the sessions. At first I was overwhelmed with the technical aspects, but given modern computers, the hardest issue, the 13 frequency generation, is a piece of cake. I have the 13 frequencies programmed on my laptop. I also have a Kenwood T-2000 transceiver that will broadcast at 29.575 MHz and a portable Yaesu that will receive at the same frequency.

All you have to do is get a way to get the generated tones into the Kenwood. That can be accomplished by a rigblaster interface unit. That's on order. Now you need a 10 meter antenna to get the signal broadcast. So now all you need is a way to record the results. For this I have a Zoom H4N digital recorder, a fairly high end device.

So, from PC -> rigblaster -> Kenwood TS-2000 -> 10 meter antenna -> {broadcast} -> Yeasu receiver -> Speaker on Yaesu -> picked up by microphone on Zoom HrN digital recorder -> mp3 files.

This scenario matches the Spiricom IV system.