View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Feb 14th, 2009 09:29 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

*edit*
Oops, didn't see all the replies...hope the lead works :)
I've left what I originally put though, in case it's of help.

Nah, no laughing, it looks simple but quickly you realise it's just not the same setup as a TV.

Direct connection of the camera is pretty difficult, being as the camera will work at a low 15kHz rate and the PC monitor will work at 31kHz and up. Scan converters can be used, but they're not cheap as far as I recall.
There are probably regular camcorders that can output directly to a PC monitor, but personally I don't know anything about them.

The way i've managed feedback on PC CRT's, is to connect up to a PC and run a regular webcam with associated software. The software is made to go full screen and the webcam set up similarly to using a TV. The feedback looks very similar, in my opinion.

A capture card can be used instead of a webcam, so you can use a better camera.

If the webcam software doesn't go full screen, you can still get good feedback, by altering the distance of the camera to the screen as a little closer. If you centre the image, then run the program with a black background behind on the desktop (or have a black blank full screen image done in Paint and the webcam program on top) you can still avoid artifacts from outside of the image. Another tip there, is to set your window parameters to as dark as possible and yet be useable..that way, when the webcam software works, you get dark all over and even on the edges of the webcam software window.

Last edited on Feb 14th, 2009 09:37 PM by Slider2732