View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Oct 7th, 2008 11:06 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

On the subject of chips and tones, as recently discussed between Keith and Joe on the introductory message for this section.

Several common everyday devices would seem to hold potential for their inclusion in Spiricom type work. Rather than pure tones being transmitted by a noise generator type circuit, perhaps sequential outputs of all available speech elements within a chip could be utilised. The spirit may be able to shape the output as desired, by picking off the tones required, as they come around on a loop basis. While a strong theory is that time itself is less relevant on the other side, such a technique could be performed so that it sounded real-time to us.
Say, for example, a speech chip for a clock radio that announces the time of day, could be made to output it's library of sounds in this loop fashion. Would such a thing be feasibly constructive within Spiricom ? Some numbers can sound like words, 8 for ate, 2 for too etc. Though limited, if only the parts the spirit wished for communication were forwarded for output, such an idea seems initially possible. That routing would be internally cyclic and broadcast similarly to Spiricom, then, with spirit help perhaps through EMF level triggering, forwarded to the amplifier and speaker output.
I realise the principle may not have been worded correctly...I know what I mean lol, so can expand upon the idea if needed.

Chips i'm thinking of include:
Clock radio time announce
Ovilus type devices
Speak+Spell TMS range
Anything else that talks but doesn't use preset wording.
Telephone answering machines seem to fall into the problem area of set data for specific functions and therefore wouldn't work. 'You have 1 new message' might raise an eyebrow though.

Another area for study and build is eprom based. Load the device with the tones used in spiricom and have each be cycled. Burn the chip with the sound data and have the chip be read from start to finish round and round.
I built an eprom sound player last year, for a looping and synthesis project (my first keyboard being a Casio SK-5 might have something to do with it). That device will see the inclusion of such an eprom.
Variable playback rates from 100Hz to 48kHz as fitted to my device, might well see a range that could be useful for a two way contact !

I see this whole project as related to the K-II EMF meter controversy and pushes that side of contact a little further. If a spirit can make the lights jump from green to red, then the red range would trigger the output from the speech chip. Careful hand waving (or however a spirit does it) would form the output for us to hear.