View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Sep 24th, 2008 11:15 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

I often wonder if people with water cooled PC towers are likely to experience hauntings. It's not quite the silly idea. Mostly, it would seem that people who enjoy such PC modifications are those who spend a lot of time at their computer and, so, must probably be those more susceptible to EMF energies and possible thoughts on being watched etc. But, could there be an ITC side effect from enclosing the electronics in a rapidly moving pool of water ! Got whirling water, got screen, got speakers - got spirits ? !

Water and spinning and record players and hmmm galaxy whirls and fractal patterns..these are really really interesting thoughts nerol.
One method may be to house any unit for recording and amplification within a spinning tube of water. I would think the crystal route would be a little prohibitive in the cost area, but ideally perhaps have a water chamber inside the spinning quartz tube. Inside that and electrically safe, might be a detuned radio, with recording chip.
The unit could be housed in a Faraday cage construction for even better living human based noise immunity.
Spinning at a start of say 6hz and having a simple dial to ramp the (some distance away) motor up to 40hz and above might give some results.

Another thought is a little more simplistic. Take a thermos flask and cut the bottom off (without smashing the glass). Fill the air chamber with water and seal the edging. Put a piece of foil under the top plastic screw, with the rest of the inside already being metal. Replace the bottom of the flask. You then have a shielded container working like a Faraday cage, with water surrounding ? The electronics would probably best fit by making the bottom easily opened and closed. You could then mount it on something looking like a roasting spit and spin the assembly at whatever frequency.
Bodum make table glasses that I believe are infact a plastic. They have 2 layers and work like a thermos flask.  One of those would seem to lend itself readily to a spinning water chamber.

Last edited on Sep 24th, 2008 11:17 AM by Slider2732