View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Mar 11th, 2008 12:16 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

I used to have an Octave Plateau Kitten II in the early 90's, as analog as analog could be for my limited budget of the time. It had an audio input that could enable shaping...but...that's all I can say, as the synth had to be sold soon after purchase. Mucking around with such machines now would be a blast, when linked with spirit contact !
Oddly, perhaps, synth 'bending' has featured recently though and totally unconnected with anything Spiricom. A few weeks before I found this forum I modified a Casio CT-360, that i'd found on the street last May, to give variations to the crappy onboard sounds. The main controller board and several pots now sit outside the keyboard and lots of whooshes and oscillator fun have been had. The upshot link to this, is that when I touched one added pot with a screwdriver, I picked up a local radio station clearly ! Using that odd effect, I went on to mess around with the radio signal being received. A few days after completion, I found out about old franks work on his spirit machine, built my own version and then found this forum.
Can post an audio clip of the 360 radio stuff on the forum, if it's of interest :biggrin: