View single post by Jeff
 Posted: Mar 7th, 2008 12:16 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Jeff

Mark, I simply must agree here.  I believe the sounds that end up on recorded media are that of heterodyned harmonics.  This is in regards to EVP only and not Spiricom.  This theory is especially supported by digital media.  As we know, digital data is riding on a carrier wave of fixed frequency, called the 'clock'.  If the clock is heterodyned down to the range of human hearing (20 Hz - 20kHz), it would most certainly sound 'robotic', because of the square wave nature of digital data. 

In regards to EVP on analog magnetic media, such as cassette tape, there is a high-frequency applied to the recording head called bias.  The bias is present on the head to help excite the ferrous material on the tape to accept the audio.  This results in a recording with minimum distortion, and greatest frequency response.  As of now, I believe it is the bias that is heterodyned, and ends up in the recording itself; however, not quite as clear.

Spiricom, on the other hand, is an RF based system, with antennae enclosed within a Faraday cage.  As far as we know, Spirit impinges the RF energy, while the heterodyning happens in the radio reciever.

In either case, your theory of heterodyning is substantial.

Jeff