View single post by Slider2732
 Posted: Mar 6th, 2008 05:05 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Slider2732

Using an oscilloscope is possible, I brought my EICO TR-410 in from the sub zero garage recently.
I can see how using the scope can help ascertain the frequency shift needed for hearing. Apart from some minor arcade game circuit board repair, the EICO hasn't been used much, so it will help familiarity in that way with the scope.

The posts are, at present screwed to the back of the casing front, which makes the assembly solid. However, i've realised that precludes the magnet approach...perhaps I glued to early !
The fork idea seems the best route for actually forming a contact on to the hair (or stylus style), if the microphone method now seems too rough and ready.
I think the approach to take, while wishing to use such a device on paranormal investigations etc, is to tune it using the oscilloscope and then have a circuit divide the frequency for audio output.
If then a port is attached for oscilloscope output, it could have that function too, for amplitude...being a couple of wires it should be easy enough as an earphone type socket....or...built in as a selector switch function as oscilloscope output or headphone.
Resonances ought to be very high pitched indeed, relative to human hearing. The area and tension of any hair and the possibly slight changes along it with spirit contact, seem to dictate a fine but dependable level of tune.

Next bit is to work out the transmitting fork. It seems easy, when looking at record players, but is about as fresh to me as learning a foreign language. Thanks Jeff for being Rosetta Stone lol