View single post by EVP_Babs
 Posted: Feb 5th, 2008 04:31 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
EVP_Babs

One question I would have is in regards to the proximity. How close does one need to be to "activate" the theremin? Is anything within 10 ft going to activate it? I've now watched several videos of the Theremin in action and the players are obviosly close to control volume but do they have to be that close to cause the tones?

Here is the thing about the EMF meters; I own two TriField Meters. I have yet to have one go off in conjunction with any other notable activity. For instance I've gotten many EVP's in a room with a TriField yet, no changes were noted on the meter. Of course there is no way to be sure how the EVP is made so we can not assume the spirit was close by but... Also, many EMF meters are single axis meters. Depending on the placement of the meter, you may not pick up anything anyway- even if the ghost is right there.

The thing that makes the Theremin most interesting to me is the idea that it could involve spirit personality. "Playful" spirits or those wishing to make contact might far more enjoy manipulating something like this than a boring sounding or dimly lit meter. We also need to consider that the use of the Theremin also brings frequency and tones into the picture. Many are discovering that providing spirit with these things seem to make communication improve. Hence, I would think it beneficial to record for EVP during these sessions. An investigator could also play the Theremin while recording.

If there is an issue or concern that the Theremin "plays" on it's own from electrical disturbances than I would suggest power be turned off (assuming that the Theremin can run on batteries). At the very least, care needs to be given in discovering everything that might cause a false positive. As with everything, the investigator should also take temperature readings, EMF readings, video,  etc. if the Theremin begins to play. We might discover that a spirit can manifest visually once combining their energy with the vibrations they manipulate.

The schematics for this are available online and it would cost far less than 300.00 for someone inclined to build one. I think it would be a mistake to not explore this avenue.

Last edited on Feb 5th, 2008 04:32 PM by EVP_Babs