View single post by Bruce
 Posted: Jan 5th, 2008 07:22 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Bruce

Chris,

Since I originally posted the set of tones you're asking about I thought I would respond to your post to David. You will find a more detailed discussion of the tone frequencies and the reasons for their selections in a post by me to the "Spiricom Experiment voice 1 and 2" thread on 9:07 a.m. December 15. To briefly answer a couple of your questions here...

>> Is this an original spiricom tone? <<

O'Neill used a number of different sets of 13 tones during development of the Spiricom device. While the frequencies of the set of tones I gave in the above post are very close to a set Keith found were used by O'Neill in one of the available Spiricom recordings, there are some small differences. The 13 frequencies I selected have the same kind of harmonic structure as "original Spiricom" tones.

>> I notice there are 2 tones, the first sounds to me as if it has some "high frequency" element to it, what are the differences between the 2 tones? <<

The 13 frequencies used in the two different tones are exactly the same. They are: 200-300-400-500-600-700-800-900-1000-1100-1200-1300-1400 hertz. The only difference between the two sets of the waveforms used. The "high-frequency element" that you hear is the triangle waveform set which has more high frequency harmonics than the other set made with pure sine waves. The following paragraph is a quote from my original post:

I have attached a small MP3 file with these frequencies for your listening pleasure and analysis. The first set is about 5 seconds of triangle waveform, about 2 seconds of silence, then about 5 seconds of sine waveform. These can be used for frequency analysis software to compare the harmonic content of the two waveforms. My preference would be to experiment with the triangle waveform for its richer, high frequency harmonic content.

>> I watched that spiricom video on youtube, and these tones sound like the spiricom tones being used by the spiricom machine in use on the video. It reminded me of thise devices people who lost their voice box to cancer have to use to talk, like a "robotic" kind of voice. The other tones from the EVP assistant 1.0 sound nothing like these tones, can you explain that to me if you know why? <<

The voice box you refer to is, I believe, similar to a Spiricom device in that it provides a rich set of fundamental and harmonic frequencies within the human voice frequency range. The person using this box, through normal manipulation of their resonant cavities (throat, mouth, sinus and the nasal cavities for instance) is able to accentuate some tones and attenuate others to form an intelligible human voice sound. It is my feeling that much could be learned about how nonphysical beings utilize a Spiricom device to create an intelligible voice sounds by studying an understanding how the voice box you refer to works.

Hope that's helpful,

Bruce

Last edited on Jan 5th, 2008 07:30 AM by Bruce