View single post by NS-EVP
 Posted: Jan 2nd, 2008 10:58 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
NS-EVP

Hi Everyone!

I've been away for some time now, but I"m back, and trying to absorb as much as I can about the spiricom tones being used and your techniques you all are using with the tones and EVP recording. I have the EVP Assistant v1.0 as well, and have been using the spiricom tone setting in that program as background noise, but haven't really been getting much success with it. I'm recording with a marantz PMD-201 tape recorder as well as various digital voice recorders, set on low quality of course.

Sorry to butt in here and hijack the thread for my own gain..lol, I was just wondering what these other spiricom tones you are speaking of come from? Where can I get them? Are the "original" spiricom tones available for download somewhere? Also, is there a particular standard procedure to abide by when using spiricom tones, such as volume of the tones at a particular level, the microphone being in wide open space, or enclosed in something ect? Just wondering what your specific proceedures were that were giving you such high amount of success so I can try to replicate that myself.

I've mentioned it a few times before, but I just don't get good EVP in my house for some reason, I think it has something to do with it being a parsonage over 100 years ago, but you never know! Most of my EVP's come from outings, at cemeteries and places like that, I really wish I could open the porthole to my house! Any suggestions?

I've tried to scour the board here before posting, so please excuse my ignorance if it has all recently been posted somewhere and I overlooked it!

Thanks all, hope you all had a very happy new years!

Chris ;)

Last edited on Jan 2nd, 2008 10:59 PM by NS-EVP