View single post by Estee
 Posted: Nov 10th, 2007 08:30 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Estee

I prefer what Tom Butler once wrote to me about this subject and to me it makes a lot of sense because I'm a big fan of Rudolph Steiner's writings too and what he's saying here also reflects Steiners view on all of this.

He said:

"In my studies, I have come to like the notion that the "Devil" is actually the entity holding the physical plane in its consciousness, therefore the creator of our little aspect of reality. This entity hold the physical and nearby aspect of reality, such as the Astral to make a "realm" in existence, as a venue for our experiences, from which we gain spiritual maturity by coming to understand the nature of reality. As we gain sufficient spiritual maturity, we are able to move on to other venues held by other entities as we "work our way back to the Prime Creator."

The creator entity of this aspect of reality is the Devil because the entity makes it possible for us to experience and many of those experiences are not very nice. How could we learn compassion for a sick person if we have not experienced sickness?

That little cosmology is probably more figurative than literal, but it does illustrate my attitude about demons and "negative."