View single post by jtjones
 Posted: Nov 14th, 2014 10:54 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
jtjones

Well it has definitely been a while since I have been on this board, but I wanted to share an experiment that I have been working on and am only a few days away from completing.

It is based on Stefan's design from Edison's TDC device. Two electro-magnets pointing similar poles towards one another and a germanium diode in between. I have added a lm386 audio amp to this to boost any signals because the entire device will be placed within a faraday cage. I have six double sided copper clad boards cut to form a box, there will be two small notches, one for power the other for output signal, all boards will be soldered together and grounded.

The only way an external signal could get in is through one of the small notches, and if I could figure out a way to get rid of them I would (I kind of need some way of powering the device and getting the signals out).

The output will be recorded into my computer through Audacity, if there is any. It is my hope that the copper box will shield the device enough to remove all external signals, although I am a bit concerned with electro-magnetic coming from the input power. Unfortunately, short of having it power itself this is one variable I am not able to do anything with.

Once I have this up and running, and I have tested it, I will definitely report my findings in the hope that this will further someone else's research, experiment.

Jeremy