View single post by ArthurManby
 Posted: Mar 6th, 2013 07:45 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ArthurManby

Greetings from Colorado.
I’ve been lurking this site for the past couple of years, reckon it’s time to contribute. It’s refreshing to see the level of knowledge and courtesy y’all have here in this forum. Harder and harder to find these days.
My wife and I have been collecting EVP since about ’05, (recently stopped). A pretty bizarre event sparked our interest in the paranormal around ‘01 and we've been exploring it ever since. I was a cynic before this, pretty binary opinions about the paranormal. Now I’d say I’m skeptical of the root cause, but a firm believer in the legitimacy of this phenomenon. I guess, I’m half way to enlightenment!
Over the past several years, I've become more abstract than analytical in my perspective of the paranormal. This sometimes put me at philosophical odds with the growing data driven crowd. More so than ever, I've been feeling a bit out of place on most forums. I much prefer the humanitarian approach i.e., how can these observations help others to better understand and (sometimes) cope with the paranormal. To be honest, I’m not quite sure I’m interested as much anymore with how or why these events happen, just that they do.
So, that’s why I’m here. Relax, hang out and share some EVPs.

Arthur.