View single post by Gizmo
 Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 11:12 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
Gizmo

CDS wrote: My wife absolutely refuses to believe. I've tried to show her evidence. She refuses to spend any time looking at or talking about anything paranormal and tells me I'm insane and off my rocker. She complains I'm wasting my time that I could be doing other more important things for our family then waste time on 'crack pots and or drug addicts that are hallucinating'

I'm actively investigating & helping those being tormented.
There are so many people who are so well -insulated and protected from the paranormal, that they cannot begin to take it on that it exists.  It is not something they have seen, so in order for them to accept it, they must completely rewrite their own understandings of reality.  I know so many people like this...I have leaned this way myself.

And ,you know what?  She's RIGHT about the crackpots!  While so many people are legitimately dealing with phenomenon, and having true paranormal experiences; there are sooo many who are out there being goofballs.  They promote bogus evidence, make stuff up, and generally bolster the skeptics' case.  They muddy the waters for the true experiencers. 

So, like you, I'm focused on helping those who are tormented.  But unlike you, I'm not actively investigating.  What I am doing is trying to learn discernment and to be able to critically examine evidence and be able to debunk the bad stuff, and separate the dross out, so what good evidence exists can be used to convince the skeptics that everyone involved in this pursuit isn't a nutjob.