View single post by dkenda
 Posted: Jan 23rd, 2013 04:53 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
dkenda

D,
Yeah, the process after "waking up" is the clincher apparently...The Bardo Thodol, Tibetan Book of the Dead, is pretty overwhelming reading -don't know if you're familiar with the narrative written by Jean-Claude van Itallie? "Tibetan Book of the Dead for Reading Aloud" Descriptive and direct -he wrote it as a performance piece. Also the Dalai Lama's manuscript about the dying experience, "Mind of Clear Light" -each and every physical and mental sensation discussed in detail...
Have heard Spirit refer to death as "birth" (360 degree senses? -weightlessness) -reflects the disruptive/disorienting effect of the human birth experience(??)

Unexpectedly it was a cup of peppermint tea that encouraged my grandmother to communicate (Peppermint discs being her favorite confection) -Hence her enthusiastic response, "My favorite candy!" Quite a gift, the first recognizable voice I'd heard. I guess food aroma is another 'cue' similar to the period music you play during recording sessions.

Is your friend at ease?

Kenda

NYevp wrote:
DK,
Case in point, I just made intial contact with a close friend who passed over a little over a year ago. We both spoke of the coaching that a friend or family member should assist in at the moment just before passing and the continuation of the same even after he was cliniclly dead by gentle whispers to walk them through the scary moments of the transition. His background had a slight Buddhist slant to it all.

I honestly feel that it took him "time" in getting used to where he woke up. Waking up dead might take a bit of adjustment to the new process for some, and for others that time might never happen due to their beliefs or because of the type of life they chose when living.

Death is the easy part, waking up dead and accepting it for what it is , that's the shocker and some take longer to adjust than others and again some never will.

Regards, Dan