View single post by fratka
 Posted: Jan 8th, 2013 12:34 PM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
fratka

I agree with all you said, though I gave up long ago in trying to debunk or disprove others "evidence." I would like paranormal enthusiasts to learn the proper way of collecting and supporting their evidence. I would like to see more people wade deeper into the pool of information and apply what we do know about our environment. Sometimes science can explain what we have just witnessed, which doesn't make it any less spectacular or less supernatural in origin.

Too many "investigators" accept their "evidence" as supported only because they have see hundreds of pictures from others without any data to back it up. Maybe its wishful thinking, being naive, ignorance, or just plain lying but accepting evidence just because you took a picture in a supposed haunted location and a spherical light anomaly shows up is wrong.

Maybe I am being naive for thinking people will do the work involved with real research, because it is work. I like to think of it as hopeful! :wink: I just posted on Sumption's Facebook page yesterday: "I have watched the "paranormal community" for the last 15 years make no progress in research or mentality. A community of perpetual beginners because the "old guys" get fed up and go into solitary research." I think this is what happens with most people on this forum. Though we all collaborate with posts and ideas, we are still researching from a solitary perspective. For the most part we are not part of teams or groups, mainly because we have found in the past a lack of dedication or seriousness.

Keep in mind, these comments are pointed at the paranormal investigation community and not those researching ITC. For the most part, those who I have come into contact with in ITC are internally driven and self-motivated. Even though I have not been heavily active in the community for a while, I have still carried on my own research and I suspect those I have collaborated with in the past have done the same.

I know, I'm a little off topic! Its been a while since I've posted and I had a few things to get off my chest. :blink::biggrin:

I'll stop now! LOL

Frank