View single post by fratka
 Posted: Jan 8th, 2013 08:18 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
fratka

I think its important to note that the issue of "orbs" has not been put to rest and that some cannot be explained away. I think people interested in the paranormal should not put too much stock in the ideas of others when they make definitive or absolute statements concerning the validity of certain anomalous activity.

Granted, I think many instances of false positives exist but I have also seen many instances, both from still shots and video that cannot be explained away. I have recorded "orbs" that show intelligent control with IR video and was lucky enough to capture them in a still shot. On the same investigation, I recorded another orb at the exact time it passed in front of my ELF detector (giving an audible signal). I use these still shots as a standard for judging my other captures, which might be false positives.

With that said, there are no fool-proof ways of determining whether an orb is real or not without secondary evidence to support it. Other factors to take into consideration are the atmospheric conditions at the time of the capture. Ambient temperature, humidity, light levels, and the presence of dust, insects, etc. should all play into your consideration when collecting evidence. Atmospheric conditions have a huge affect on electrical activity.

Accepting that "orbs" are not valid because of a perceived consensus in the paranormal community, requires a look at the investigators who form this consensus. Weigh the evidence and their opinion based on their methods (discipline) of collection and consider their level of expertise in natural science. Though we cannot begin to know what mechanisms drive the manifestation of paranormal activity, we can determine the effects it has on our local environment by comparing it to known (similar) phenomena.

Ask yourself questions and then look for answers. How can a ball of light, which gives off a measurable electromagnetic field (EMF) form in our atmosphere? How are EMFs formed to begin with? Is it possible to have a single-point charge or could it be a the result of an electric charge with two poles (dipole)?

Just those few questions alone will result in a Google search with many pages of results. My point is, don't take any one's word or a single explanation for recorded activity. Investigate for yourself and please do not take another researcher's word as being gospel just because they claim years of experience. Compare many reputable sources to form your hypothesis.

Best Regards,

Frank