View single post by ArizonaEvp
 Posted: Jan 5th, 2013 10:04 AM
PM Quote Reply Full Topic
ArizonaEvp

ReshRick wrote: I guess as far as questions go, the only thing I would like to ask is how to do more. :wink:

Hi Rick,

I guess you could say the sky's the limit.

Are you agitating the water?

If not you could just place your fingers along the edge and move them back and forth.

You could put a couple of drinking straws together and gently blow into it to stir up the water.

You can take your stuff outside and give it a try. 

To prevent reflections from objects around the bowl you can place the bowl / pan into a box.

Your light source can come from various directions including overhead.  If you have a light over your dining table,  place the bowl so you can see the overhead light in the center of the water and then begin to agitate the water.

As far as taking pics,  if you use a digital camera,  you can either take one pic at a time.  Don't worry about seeing something before snapping the pic....just take multiple shots.

Or if your camera takes video,  take short legnths of video and then review it frame by frame.  If you see something good,  do a screen capture and put the pic into Paint or other software.

If you would like to explore the water and mirror option,  you can view this video Keith made a while back.  The water method starts at 50 seconds in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQwgsZroqnQ

Hope this helps,
Ron