ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
ITC Bridge > Paranormal > Paranormal - General > Another Piece To The Puzzle

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Another Piece To The Puzzle  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Jun 29th, 2009 03:03 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Greetings folks,

Just to give y'all a bit of background on myself....my wife and I do regular evp sessions in our house on a regular basis.  I'm talking doing it the old school way of asking questions and reviewing the recordings.

One of the more interesting aspects of listening to other people's sound clips is the opportunity to compare notes with what I and others know about those on the other side.

One example of listening to some of your submissions is that the same voice I hear in the 500Hz range in my sessions, can also be heard in some of yours.  Different messages,  but the still the same voice.

A fellow in Australia did a series of controlled evp experiments over several months in 2004 and posted some of his findings online. 

Through my own quest,  I can confirm a lot of his conclusions,  state that others are still unproven to me,  and flat out reject some of his other claims.

One such observation the Australian makes that I can confirm is the following:

"Message from younger souls are faster and of higher pitch than that of older souls"

I have chosen this statement to further explain an interesting example of how the pieces of the puzzle come together. 

Through my own research,  I have indeed found that higher pitch voices are somewhat less mature than their lower pitched counterparts.  I'm not speaking of children’s voices.  I find those to be easily distinguishable from what are less mature teens,  young adults and others who don't seem to have a lick of sense in their non corporeal bodies.

As some of you already know,  one of the reigning theories of evp is that those on the other side use sound in order to help bolster their own voice(s).  I call it surfing the sound waves.  This is why some people employ white noise and various other methods in an effort to help them give a stronger response. 

There is another observation that suggests than a spirit will draw down the batteries of electronic equipment in an effort to help itself to speak or even manifest.

So what does this have to do with pieces of the puzzle?  I'm getting to that.....:)

Caution!!!  Do Not Try This Yourself Unless You Know What Your Doing!!!

One of my experiments was to get a grease splatter screen from the local dollar store.  Ya know what I'm talking about.  It's about 12 inches in diameter on a handle and comprised mostly of metal mesh.

I took the splatter screen, an electronics resistor and the 12 volt battery from the Barbie jeep we have here for our grand-daughters.

I hooked it all up in such a way as to electrify the metal mesh. 

I then used this in three consecutive sessions.  I made reference to the presence of this device and told them it was there for their benefit if they felt they needed it.  I also encouraged them not to touch the mesh, as I could not guarantee that it would not harm them.

On the 4th session I asked if the metal mesh was helpful to them.

The low voices responded that it was indeed helpful.  The mid-range voices said "not so much".  The higher pitch voice said an unusual thing.  They said:  "too many amps"

This was of particular interest because the resistor I used was of such a type that it provided nearly the full amperage of the battery across the metal mesh.

:closedeyes:I can hear some of you impatiently tapping your foot and wondering what this has to do with puzzle pieces.  Well here it is:

On June 5th (before I became a member)  Eyewave posted a clip in the EVP section under a post titled: 

What Is This Voice Saying

I downloaded the clip titled:  june5_2.WAV

I listened to it and opined on what I heard by posting a response yesterday (June 28th).  Part of what I heard is in the following:

Time index 0.05.808 - end of clip:

3 layers of voices.

Lower range male voice says:  "don't sit on an electric pulse"

Mid range older woman voice says:   "I don't want no bravery from you kids"

Higher frequency androgynous voice says:  "I just watched those.....kids...."  (tapers off)

A light bulb went off in my head and I pondered the Australian's finding, other theories and my own experiment and the feedback I got from said experiment.

So............to some extent one could safely conclude that it is more than a theory that:

Spirits do use electrical energy as well as sound waves.

Mature spirits have a lower pitch voice than their less developed peers.

Kids are still kids; be they on this side of the fence or on the other side.

After all,  the low voice knew that directly sitting on an electric pulse was not a good idea.  And the older woman knew that kids often do things that are nonsensical. 

(that sure brings back memories of the stupid stuff I used to do as a child)

:bored:Now some of you might read my conclusion and say:  well duh...I knew all that

Since the goal is to further the conversation and our understanding of what's going on;  having more and more examples to draw from helps peel back the many parch thin layers of mystery.  This in turn....turns theory into fact.  Maybe not empirical evidence that would disabuse a hard core skeptic,  but fact none the less. 

I have not perused the entirety of this forum so perhaps someone can tell me if there is a posting or a "sticky" or a section where we can post:   What We Know?

For example;  my own research, backed up by recorded responses tells me that spirits:

Can see us

Can hear us

Can distinguish color

Can smell as we do

Can read questions posted on a piece of paper

Argue and inflict harm on each other as we do here on this side of the fence

Look to us for help in relaying messages to loved ones.

And on and on. 

Here again...some of you are saying....everyone knows that.  Ok.  Granted;  a lot of this is basic stuff,  but if it is collated in one section,  it may help someone have a eureka moment which in turn could help put more pieces of the puzzle together.

Just a thought.

Thanks for taking the time to read this!
Ron

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Jul 2nd, 2009 09:08 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Ron,

I agree with just about all of your observations you made in the post above. I do not have any opinion on the higher/lower frequency/pitch/speed theory.

There's not a particular place to express opinions yet, just about anywhere on the forum is fine for that now. If conversation develops to a deeper extent and there is a need for another forum, thats when I would create it.

Glad to see your creative expression, sorry for the short message - as I'm on vacation.

Keith

Posted: Jul 3rd, 2009 10:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Ron,
I agree with Keith, and sorry also for my short response as I also am on vacation! Vicki:)

Posted: Jul 8th, 2009 03:46 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

I am also on vacation, hence I have more time to post longer messages.
It is said that if you have time on thinking, how limited you are in time, then you must have plenty of time.

"my wife and I do regular evp sessions in our house on a regular basis." - is that a hobby at you (at your family) like playing golf?

Problem is, I can't hear anything like that in eyewave's sample. Maybe because I stopped being involved and have lost the practice. Still, I'd stay, don't dig that deep, because it's about quality C examples and the more you analyze and listen to it, the more biased you get.

I made a collection of evps back then, sorted them as individual sound crops, each has something in it, but very few are, which, I'd say are "spoken" in my language, most of them are untintelligible gibberish. So recording evp, in my view, is not necesarry about communication.

Last edited on Jul 8th, 2009 03:47 AM by neokortex_simulacrum

Posted: Jul 8th, 2009 02:20 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

neokortex_simulacrum wrote: I am also on vacation, hence I have more time to post longer messages.
It is said that if you have time on thinking, how limited you are in time, then you must have plenty of time.

"my wife and I do regular evp sessions in our house on a regular basis." - is that a hobby at you (at your family) like playing golf?

Problem is, I can't hear anything like that in eyewave's sample. Maybe because I stopped being involved and have lost the practice. Still, I'd stay, don't dig that deep, because it's about quality C examples and the more you analyze and listen to it, the more biased you get.

I made a collection of evps back then, sorted them as individual sound crops, each has something in it, but very few are, which, I'd say are "spoken" in my language, most of them are untintelligible gibberish. So recording evp, in my view, is not necesarry about communication.

Greetings from the heart of Arizona Indian Country,

Vacation is a good thing.  Gives one an opportunity to clear the mind and refocus.  I myself have been retired for almost 6 years now and I sure could use a vacation. :biggrin:

With regards to your questions and observations,  I will address them in the order posted.

Yes,  my wife and I do regular sessions here in our home.  We average 2 sessions a week.  It is more calculated research than any hobby could be,  although I did play golf at one point in my life.

As far as hearing goes….please understand….

I am not referring to any person in particular. I can only speak in generalities.  What works for me does not mean it will work for you.  Everybody’s hearing abilities are different. 

My neighbor for example is in his mid 40’s and has been an avid gamer most of his adult life.  He admits he has ruined his hearing by sitting for days on end with headphones at full volume playing games.

In addition to one's hearing,  equipment plays the next biggest factor in EVP listening.  Computer companies are like any other manufacturer.  They market products in order to maximize their profit margin.  You really do get what you pay for.

An entry level or low end PC with a sound chip built onto the motherboard may do one's research more harm than good.  Sure,  you can get by with that kind of setup and if you’re happy with it…great.

I use a Creative Soundblaster Xtreme Fidelity X-Fi Model SB0460 with a 24 bit AD converter processing sound at 10,000 MIPS with a sampling rate of 96kHz.   It is not a top of the line sound card by any means but it is far superior to what’s built into a $400 desktop computer.  An interesting sidebar to this logic is the earbuds I use.  I have found a $5 pair of earbuds from the local dollar store to function better than the more expensive pair that I have.

Next is software.  Here again, you get what you pay for.  Audacity is nice. Audacity is free.  I’ve used it before.  But it does not have the bells, whistles, codices and capabilities of Adobe audition,  Cooledit, Cakewalk’s Sonar or DC6/7.  Here again,  if Audacity is works for you….wonderful!!

And then there is one's methodology.  As we have to let our eyes adjust upon entering a darkened room….the same logic applies to listening to EVP’s.  Before I start listen to EVP’s….both my own and the one’s people have posted here;  I first play a looped clip of a weakened evp response to allow my brain time to adjust to a reduced auditory condition. This can take upwards of 2-3 minutes.  Once my brain makes the adjustment,  I begin to listen to different EVP’s. 

When I do listen to the clips posted here by other members,  I give them the full measure of my attention as I do my own EVP’s.  I will spend as much time as needed till I am satisfied that I have identified any and all responses.

I approach your clips from the 4 cell method used at AAEVP.  I prefer not knowing what a person thinks the voice(s) says because that can lead to a perceived bias.  I would never slap on my earbuds and give a quick 30 second listen in order to placate someone. I hear what I hear and report what I hear.  That’s only fair isn't it?

I would respectfully disagree with your assessment that digging deeper into a clip is somehow cheapening the quality or somehow lending bias to the effort.

Two quick examples come to mind:

Example 1:

While listening to my own EVP’s responses concerning an experiment,  I heard an ever so faint unsolicited voice say in a melodic tone:

I bet you can’t hear me….do you know a Kelly…..Kelly R****** (confidential)

Yes,  I did hear him and yes I did follow up over the next few sessions.  This person must have been so amazed that I actually heard him,  that his voice came through much stronger. 

In a nutshell,  he wanted us to get a message through to a Kelly R who lives in Milwaukee Wisconsin.  His message was very simple:

“Tell her I love her and to try to forget about me.”

My wife did some research and indeed there are 3 Kelly R’s in the Milwaukee area.  When I asked what Kelly’s middle name was and what street she lived on…..there was no response.  Not only that,  but I have not heard from this person again. 

Perhaps all this man wanted was for someone on this side of the fence to hear his heartache and in doing so,  it allowed him to move on. 

Example 2:

Word must get around because I have an ever-increasing number of voices competing to be heard.  I can discern around five different voices in any given response (but don’t tell them that….I insist I can only hear three of them talking at once) :wink:

Not long ago,  when asking if a long-time contact was in the crowd and if he could hear me;  an unsolicited voice came through saying:

“I can hear you…..can you hear me….I’m not dead…..I’m in a coma”

Yes….he said coma.  I was so intrigued in the concept of a coma patient coming through in an EVP that I abandoned my regular schedule and focused exclusively on this person. 

In a nutshell….this person (allegedly) was / is a soldier in a coma in Walter Reed Army Hospital (his words).  He stated he had been in a coma for 6 weeks.  He was very distraught by this seemingly chaotic out of the body experience he was having.  My contact with this person lasted for several sessions

I would be happy to upload segments of these EVP's as proof,  but I have to say to everyone up front….if you can’t hear what is on eyewave’s clip,  you probably won’t hear what is on mine.  I’m not making excuses;  I’m just stating facts.

These are but two examples that show;  from my perspective;  that what is on the surface is not necessarily the most important information on an EVP.  

Meaningful communication is there…. in my opinion at least.

Thanks for your feedback,
Ron

Posted: Jul 8th, 2009 02:57 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Ron and all,
I would have to agree with you, even though it smarts!:blink: Sometimes, we get EVP that have to be amplified a bit and denoised a bit in order to be heard. I get those all the time, although these days I am less likely to play with them as I have told my contacts that I don't have the time, what with work and family. They understand.

One time, I got my son telling me "Hey mom, you have to shut up now cus we're talking." Thanks, Braden. But the point here is that I heard it on playback but it wasn't loud enough for us all with our standard equipment and there was a hiss from the B-26 I had to get rid of. So I did that and posted it. Everyone heard it as spoken. If I had posted it in the raw, some with less experience might have deleted without a couple of passes--I guess if I had posted them both, everyone could hear the same in the orignial but clearer in the denoised version, which is my criteria. I want the EVP out there.

I have been a member of two 4Cells, and I still follow that protocol when doing research for the AA-EVP. I follow a bit simpler protocol for my own research. A friend and I do the same thing as the 4Cell except without the Sender and the Scribe. In other words, The Questioner is theQuestioner and the Sender and the Receiver is the Receiver (recorder) and the Scribe. We have gotten great results both ways, and I don't notice a difference in the responses. Great topic.

P.S. A friend and I are looking for two people to complete our new 4 Cell. If anyone here is interested, you need to be a member of the AA-EVP and just contact me here or there. It seems most people at the AA-EVP right now are not interested in continuing this experiment as I have asked but no one has come forward yet. I understand since I am 'lone practitioner' too, but it would be good to get another 4Cell going, or something like it here (if that's cool Keith). Vicki

Posted: Jul 8th, 2009 06:38 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Sure, any collaboration amongst experimenters is always welcome.

There is a sort of strange lull, at least here on the Bridge. I know a lot of us are focusing our attention on different projects at this time, but I am sure there will come a time soon where it will be revitalized, and on a larger scale. Perhaps some of us are sort of "saving our energy" for that time.....

Keith

Posted: Jul 10th, 2009 08:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

Hi Ron, I greet you from the hills and valleys of Transylvania.

I went through your response, and can tell straightaway, that I don't have that much experience that you have, so your view of things in the EVP-field is a lot broader than mine.
A great idea to use a, err - how do you say it? - professional sound card, I never had one. All I used is Wavepad and Cool Edit 2.0: Wavepad bacause it had a "Spectral Subtraction kinda noise reduction filter", someone adviced in youtube to use that. I had Cool Edit 2.0 before I got to experiment, and it looked like as a very complex software, that has all the necessary editing tools.
With this (and a mother board chip soundcard), I dug as deep as 80-100 dB in the soundwave and all I found what I wrote you in my previous post. I believed that one can't deepen further, or actually find intelligible responses, but if you say, that the proper equipment makes that possible, than I believe you.
So, you are the man.

I have a question for you: did you work, before getting retired, in areas of sound or music - do you have a musical hearing by talent?

Last edited on Jul 11th, 2009 05:42 AM by neokortex_simulacrum

Posted: Jul 10th, 2009 05:40 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

neokortex_simulacrum wrote: Hi Ron, I greet you from the hills and valleys of Transylvania.

I went through your response, and can tell straightaway, that I don't have that much experience that you have, so your view of things in the EVP-field is a lot broader than mine.
A great idea to use a, err - how do you say it? - professional sound card, I never had one. All I used is Wavepad and Cool Edit 2.0: Wavepad bacause it had a "Spectral Subtraction kinda noise reduction filter", someone adviced in youtube to use that. I had Cool Edit 2.0 before I got to experiment, and it looked like as a very complex software, that has all the necessary editing tools.
With this (and a mother board chip soundcard), I dug as deep as 80-100 dB in the soundwave and all I found what I wrote you in my previous post. I believed that one can't go more deep, but if you say, that the equipment makes that possible, than I believe it.
So, you are the man.

I have a question for you: did you work, before getting retired, in areas of sound or music - do you have a musical hearing by talent?

Hello My Friend,

Thank you for your kind words but I am by no means  “the man”.  I’m just a guy with a lot of free time on his hands.  Don’t sell yourself short.  I am by no means an expert nor do I have all the answers.  Just ask my wife….she’ll tell you. :biggrin:

There are people on this forum who are smarter and more accomplished than I am.  But we all contribute in our own way.  And that in turn adds to the greater good.

The soundcard I use is not Professional by any means.  It is an older model, which can be purchased on ebay now for around $50.   

I agree with you about digging –100dB or beyond into a sound wave.  I have not found much there except machine noise.

I’m glad you have Cooledit. 

Cooledit is a great program.  I still get aggravated with it trying to switch between regular and multi-track windows.  It has excellent noise reduction capabilities and handles WMA files better than Nero.

I also like Cooledit because you can generate different waveforms of Pink and Brown noise.  I am playing with these different types of noise in direct communication experiments. 

You can also generate tones at a single frequency if you want.  This can also be interesting if you combine two tones to make a binaural beat.  Be careful though if you get into alpha, beta and theta brainwave patterns.  You can make yourself nauseous with the wrong frequency combinations.

Like I mentioned,  I found a that cheap pair of earbuds to work better than more expensive ones.  I guess the better ones use more noise canceling circuitry or different types of magnets. 

As far as what I did for work before I retired;  I did not work in sound or music industry.  The only music talent I have is singing in the shower.

I would be very much interested in listening to some of your EVP recordings.  If you find some time maybe you could upload some and we can work them together.

Doi ochi vãd mai bine decât unul.
Ron

Posted: Jul 11th, 2009 06:24 AM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

Thank you for your kind words but I am by no means  “the man”. I’m just a guy with a lot of free time on his hands. Don’t sell yourself short.

Nope, I don't, that was just my ego's deceptious trick, a mind game. You know, when you praise someone without having the right to (not being his teacher or master), is like uplifiting yourself above him by playing a role of master who can determine and is allowed to estimate one's ability (i.e.: is allowed to judge you). So that was just plain flattery.

The soundcard I use is not Professional by any means.

- then what's the name (category) for those soundcards that you have to buy additionally and they have allegedly higher capacities? I used the word "professional", because I don't know the exact word for it, and I believed it to be similar to the case of "compact <-> SLR" - "amateur-professional" digital cameras.

You can also generate tones at a single frequency if you want.  This can also be interesting if you combine two tones to make a binaural beat.  Be careful though if you get into alpha, beta and theta brainwave patterns.  You can make yourself nauseous with the wrong frequency combinations.

Now that sounds interesting, it could be useful for inducing the out of body, err "body asleep mind awake" state.

I would be very much interested in listening to some of your EVP recordings.  If you find some time maybe you could upload some and we can work them together.

They are unlikely in english and I have processed most of them. But there are a few... let me see...

Doi ochi vãd mai bine decât unul.

Where did you learn that?? :huh:

Attachment: mintha_kutyaugatás_lenne_és_egy_néger_hang_a_szógy_után.mp3 (Downloaded 1085 times)

Last edited on Jul 11th, 2009 06:39 AM by neokortex_simulacrum

Posted: Jul 11th, 2009 06:33 AM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

Another one

Attachment: whatever2.mp3 (Downloaded 864 times)

Last edited on Jul 13th, 2009 02:12 AM by neokortex_simulacrum

Posted: Jul 11th, 2009 06:37 AM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

And another one.

Attachment: muzsikarészlet.mp3 (Downloaded 958 times)

Posted: Jul 11th, 2009 06:42 AM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

And this one was meant to be filtered more on.

Attachment: whatever.mp3 (Downloaded 968 times)

Last edited on Jul 13th, 2009 02:12 AM by neokortex_simulacrum

Posted: Jul 11th, 2009 06:48 AM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

This sounds in eglish

Attachment: foszlányok.mp3 (Downloaded 895 times)

Posted: Jul 11th, 2009 06:53 AM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

clear one

Attachment: hmmm.mp3 (Downloaded 857 times)

Posted: Jul 12th, 2009 06:05 AM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Howdy neokortex,

These 2 files will not play on any of my programs.  I have downloaded then twice but the still won't work.

kiszűrni szót, éneklő hangnemű.wav

nyőgések_a_vannak_rokonok_mögött.mp3

This is what I hear in  mintha_kutyaugatás_lenne_és_egy_néger_hang_a_szógy_után.mp3

Time Index  0.0.0 – 0.00.795

Listening with no enhancement I hear:

Mid-range male voice say:   “it’s a party”

Time Index  0.01.382 – 0.02.365

Same mid-range male voice say:  “he’s walking”

Time Index  0.02.365 – end of clip

Same mid-range male voice say:   “I say this with respect”

I'm working on muzsikarészlet.mp3.  I am enjoying this one very much!  Can you tell me more about this clip.  Where and more importantly When it was recorded. 

I found  "Doi ochi vãd mai bine decât unul."  by doing a google search for Romanian Proverbs.

You can find the soundcard I use on ebay by doing a search for:  SB0460

Take Care,
Ron

Posted: Jul 13th, 2009 03:11 AM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

The "muzsikarészlett.mp3" is an isolated part of the second session of mine, which took place in a cemetery in the morning hours of 2008. jan. 25 or 26. The preceding question was "do you see the white snow?". I have the original one, ask for it if you wish to compare.

As for those that you couldn't open were changed in titles (must have been the characters confusing the system).

The one you evaluated was recorded from the sound card with the aid of a double jacked wire, one jack in the output and the other in the "Line in", because the Mic input somehow deteriorates the quality, nevertheless I had the option to change which source to record from. The method was undisturbed (there wasn't any leakage from other sources), and what I hear there is a dog's bark. In the sample you listened, that bark was repeated, by me, to hear two filtered version of it, and the second one (after 0:01.382) was left longer because of the different filtering, that I could hear a black man's voice.
I even believe, I am wrong.
Doesn't it seem ridiculous to you to hear english voices in a recording that was made in a place where no english had lived?

Here's another.

Attachment: asdfg.mp3 (Downloaded 856 times)

Last edited on Jul 13th, 2009 03:14 AM by neokortex_simulacrum

Posted: Jul 13th, 2009 10:05 PM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hello neokortex_simulacrum,

Yes....could you please upload the original un-enhanced clip of
muzsikarészlet.mp3

I love this clip….there are so many voices. It reminds me of the crowds I get on my own EVP’s.

I would like to make a comparison to what I think I am hearing.

To give you an idea of what I have heard so far....this is a transcript of just the first 5 seconds:

Time Index  0.0.0 – 0.02.055

Listening with noise reduction I hear:

Predominent female voice say:  “are you going to (phonetically sounds like)  Marisia or Mare - a - see - a

Using a 10 band equalizer and enhancing lowerer frequencies I hear a mid-range male voice say:  “where is California”

Using a 10 band equalizer and enhancing only 2kHz band I hear an upper-range male voice say:  “come and see us”

This is immediately followed by a mid-range androgynous voice say:  “at Halloween”

Using a 10 band equalizer and enhancing only 500Hz band I hear an mid-range male voice say:  “come and see the clamshell”

Using a 10 band equalizer and enhancing only 250Hz band I hear an mid-range male voice say:  “no you can’t see us”

This is immediately followed by a mid-range androgynous voice say:  “we don’t want to”

Using a 10 band equalizer with all bands attenuated I hear a mid-range male voice say:  “how you gonna explain this”

Time Index  0.02.055 – 0.04.684

Listening with noise reduction I hear:

The predominant male voice says:   “you’re running from me with your hands in your sweater”

Using a 10 band equalizer and enhancing only 2kHz band I hear female voices say:  “they’re running from me now I can’t stand to see um”

Using a 10 band equalizer and slightly enhancing only 1kHz band I hear female voices say:  “I want to go to Zohan’s to see um”

Using a 10 band equalizer and slightly enhancing only 500Hz band I hear mid-range male voice say:  “he likes to see the band being setup”

As you gradually increase the 500Hz slider the voice changes again.

Using a 10 band equalizer with all bands attenuated I hear:

mid-range male voice say:  “I want us to be your friends in December”

female voices say:  “I want to bring our friends to see um”

What,  if anything did you hear in this clip when you reviewed it after you recorded it??

It  IS  an interesting observation that I hear so much English in your clips.  

It is entirely possible that Apophenia is causing me to hear what I think is English.  It could also be that plus the amount of enhancement you did to the clip.  This is why I would like to hear a raw version of this. 

What I wonder about is.....if this clip was uploaded to an EVP forum in France or Mexico or Japan....would those people hear words or phrases in their own language?

If so....then it just might be Apophenia.

BUT.....If all of us were to hear some of the same words or phrases in our own native languages,  then it would seem that there is something more than apophenia going on. 

One could even postulate that the voice(s) in an EVP might somehow establish a neural link that transcends the language barrier so their messages can be understood by all who listen.

Something to think about,
Ron

Last edited on Jul 13th, 2009 10:12 PM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Jul 14th, 2009 03:30 AM
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

Hi Ron,

Let me give you first some background info on this town, where I'm living. Population is somewhere between 35.000-36.000, I don't know for sure, but it doesn't reach the 40.000 mark. There are like 2000 (?) Romanians living here. Less are Gipsys, and less than Gipsys are Germans, very few, and there are only two americans I know of. One is not really an American (Yankee), but he moved there from here and 3 years ago he bought here, in our building a flat, to stay here in the summer, to reunite with his relatives. The other one is the town's foundation's director, he has been here since 2-3 years before. The majority are Hungarian, but Hungarian's are in minority in Romania.
I asked all the questions in hungarian.

Reading your results, the first time index is not containing the part I found interesting, which happens to be after that (I left it there by convenience). And the main part is repeated two times in different filtering mods. In them I hear a high trumpet voice, and something like drums. There had been no music during the recording in the surrounding area, only sounds of hatchet (wood-cutting), hammering, dogs barking and the sound of road traffic in the distance.

The only interpretation I can accept from you is the word "mare". That means in romanian: sea. I could hear something similar to "California" by your method, only that it could have been anything from the background. Neither hungarian, nor romanian has any name like "Zohan". So, if I were you, I wouldn't mess with the Zohan!:lol:

I couldn't find worthy to contemplate on that theory, somehow it is just too wild for me (far-fetched)... But hey, I allow you to send a copy of the file for any evp-analytic, to see what they can hear out of it.

Here's the original.

Attachment: unenhanced question included.mp3 (Downloaded 876 times)

Last edited on Jul 14th, 2009 11:29 PM by neokortex_simulacrum

Posted: Jul 14th, 2009 07:35 AM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Greetings Grey Matter,

Thank you for the un-enhanced clip.  It's much better.  I always prefer to work with a raw clip.

While I am just getting started,  I did find one thing of interest.

Listening to this in Nero 6 with basic noise reduction.....In the time frame leading up to your question I could hear a mid-higher range female voice say something that seems to be in your language.

It seems very similar to the question you asked.

I used a different program and applied a special filter at 855Hz with a -47dB attenuation to bring out the voice a little better.  The attachment includes this,  along with your question.

Can you tell me what,  if anything;  I am hearing. 

Many thanks,
Ron

P.S.   Don't mess with the zohan.....that's funny.

Attachment: Enhanced Pre-Question of question included1.wav (Downloaded 689 times)

Last edited on Jul 14th, 2009 04:58 PM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Jul 14th, 2009 11:57 PM
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
neokortex_simulacrum

What do you mean when you write "attenuation"? I have the word in the dictionary, however it doesn't come out clear in this case.

I searched for that female voice and I could find one, between 0:01.116 - 0:02.510 by applying a 8192 FFT sized noise reduction after normalization. Filtered that voice out with a 20 band equalizer increasing the 250 (+15.1 dB), 1K (+17.71 dB) values, and slightly the 4000th Hz (+12.21 dB). All the others were only decreased.

What I hear is "ohm uh-ah".

Last edited on Jul 15th, 2009 12:33 AM by neokortex_simulacrum

Posted: Jul 15th, 2009 12:22 AM
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
neokortex_simulacrum

After more analysis and listening I have found what you had been truly refering to, a typical elderly rustic villager woman's piping voice, which indeed spoke in romanian.
It happened only by chance, that I found also a male voice in the beginning part and that led me to look further increasing other levels of the soundstream, to find it above (in pitch) the one found first.

Here are both filtering versions.

The rural thin voice says "scrie cel majuscule" that means "he/she writes those majuscules".

Attachment: more enhancement on that.mp3 (Downloaded 660 times)

Last edited on Jul 15th, 2009 12:32 AM by neokortex_simulacrum

Posted: Jul 15th, 2009 08:40 PM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hello Peter,

Yes,  I do hear the male voice in the enhanced clip.  Good work.  So what is a majuscule?  I looked in online Romanian dictionary but cannot find a translation.

Attenuation is just another way of saying – Reduced  -  as in EQ sliders are reduced by -(x)dB.  Sorry for the confusion.

Moving on to your un-enhanced clip……..

Since I don’t speak Romanian,  I concentrated on determining if I could hear any English in your “un-enhanced question included.mp3”

I figured you had already identified all non-English voices.

So….Keeping things simple,  I used the following protocol:

Nero 6,  doing a noise analysis to entire clip and using only noise reduction I hear:

(my EQ program also allows me to reduce output to ear buds.  This setting at –11.6dB)

Using 50% noise reduction with all sliders of 10 band EQ set at 0.0dB

Time Index 0.0.0 – 0.02.910

Mid-range male voice says:   “there is no way that I can hurt you”

Immediately followed by slightly lower pitch male saying:   “that’s right”

Time Index 0.04.426 – 0.08.307

Using same settings as above:

Androgynous mid-upper range voice(s) say:   “I guess that we will have to hurt you”

Time Index  0.08.307 – 0.12.809

Mid-range male voice says:   “anything you will (garbled) see us with Mark’s equipment”

Time Index  0.12.809 – end of clip

Lower mid-range male voice says:   “Hey man thank you for (voice changes pitch) claiming the attitude

One interesting point to bring out is my not hearing music.  I did hear the music you speak of in your enhanced version along with the many other voices I wrote about in an earlier post.

It has been theorized by some people that additional EVP voices can attach themselves when files are saved,  uploaded or downloaded.  I myself, have heard a slight variation in one members post that was uploaded twice on this forum.

Other than Apophenia,  I have found that cross modulation can occur in the most unusual ways.

Since you have CoolEdit,  You might be able to experience this for yourself by doing this simple experiment:

Bring up CoolEdit program

Click the Effects tab

Expand Generate

Double click on Noise

Select Sample Rate of 44100  -  Mono  -  16 Bit 

Press OK

Select Pink Noise  -  Intensity  2  -  Duration  120 Seconds

(pink noise is considered the most natural of the noise colors.  musicians use pink noise to balance their sound systems for optimal sound)

Press OK

Depending on your computer,  it takes about 5 – 7 seconds to generate 2 minutes of pink noise.

Do Not Save The File Yet

Now comes the fun part…….

Turn your volume down very low at first.

Put your headphones or ear buds on and play the sound wave…..

Hear the Voices?

Do you hear Romanian or other language???

Feel free to use noise reduction and / or EQ to further hear the voice(s)

When you are done playing,  save the file.

Close and restart CoolEdit or in your case open the file in Wavepad.

Do you hear the same voice(s) or are there now additional ones?

It is interesting that a waveform that takes 7 seconds to generate seems to have voices hard coded in a normal speaking time and tone.

Since cell phone signals travel at nearly the speed of light,  perhaps the voices are cross modulation from cell towers.  Or maybe…..????

You can use Brown or White noise and still get the same effect.  Brown noise generates at a lower frequency so it is easier on the ears that White noise.

As a side note to all…….

I have been waiting for the last of my new equipment purchases to arrive.  It came in the mail today.

Now that I have everything I ordered,  I will be crawling back in my hole for awhile to continue my experiments.

This means I may not have as much time on the forum as I have the last 2 weeks to listen to members EVP’s.

I will still log in every morning to see what is up.  If you have something special;  please send me a PM and I will try to make time to listen to your posted clip.

Thank you for the opportunity to listen to your clips.

Respectfully,
Ron

Last edited on Jul 15th, 2009 08:52 PM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Jul 16th, 2009 04:37 AM
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
neokortex_simulacrum

majuscule = capital letter

The only english I could find is the word "frisbee" in the 3rd time index, however we do use that word commonly.

The music is there, I had to struggle a bit to find it, because it is in a deeper layer. You shouldn't search by expecting to find any english there...

What does "cross modulation" mean? That's a very technical expression...

I tried the experiment, and turned out very eerie.
I discerned one hungarian word, and could find it after reopening (in Wavepad), but I didn't have such a good memory to be able to determine whether there had been any change in the file. Despite of that I experienced for a long time, shifts and changes in our "reality", even in a sound clip, because reality is not static, it is created constantly by the observer.

Anyway, it took only 2 seconds to generate the sample and didn't even have any intent for communication. How could cell phone or radio signals possibly interfere - in generating digital sounds?

So I believe, the stuff that can be heard there (many weird sounds) is the mental noise of the astral plane (the closest layer of it?). I read that in the astral plane time can be distorted compared to our time (I believe I even heard reverse evps). And Robert Monroe wrote that there's a very disturbing amount of mental noise (uncontrolled thoughts and emotions) on Earth and in the close proximity.

I've uploaded all the interesting ones already by your request, you can find them here anytime.

See You later,
Pete.

Last edited on Jul 16th, 2009 06:51 AM by neokortex_simulacrum

Posted: Jul 16th, 2009 08:19 PM
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Eerie is a good description. 

It only took 2 seconds to generate waveform?  Wow,  your computer must be lightening fast.  

I asked you to use mono setting because it takes less time to generate the waveform.

Have you tried generating the other color options yet?

To give stereo waveforms extra depth,  you can go to Amplitude - Pan/Expand and choose Mastering Width.  Click OK to apply filter.   This makes voice(s) sound much better.

I didn't even consider the Astral Plane.  I read books on Eckankar back in the early 70's but haven't given it much thought since then.  

I generated different waveforms in another post for those who do not have the CoolEdit program.   Maybe some people will have success using them in communication experiments.

Until Next Time,
Ron

Current time is 02:48 PM  
ITC Bridge > Paranormal > Paranormal - General > Another Piece To The Puzzle Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1986 seconds (26% database + 74% PHP). 28 queries executed.