ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3   
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Germanium Diodes  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
You have chosen to ignore sirma. click Here to view this post

Posted: Jun 20th, 2013 01:41 PM
  PM Quote Reply
82nd Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hi Sirma,

Welcome to the forum.

Thank you for your encouraging comments.

Germanium diodes have long been the diode of choice for non-powered crystal radio sets...which is what the Raudive Diode was originally based upon.

A germanium diode has a lower forward voltage drop than a silicone diode. While the drop may seem miniscule... roughly 0.1 - 0.2V compared to 0.6V...it is enough to make the germanium diode a tad more efficient in using the small amount of available current generated in a non-powered radio application.

I hope this answers your question. If not, please continue to keep asking questions till you are satisfied.

Kindest Regards,
Ron

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Posted: Jun 22nd, 2013 02:21 AM
  PM Quote Reply
83rd Post
Jan

ArizonaEVP is spot-on about the voltage drops of germanium and silicon diodes. But as I said in post 79 of this thread, Schottky diodes have a slightly lower forward voltage drop than germanium, but more importantly, they have insignificant reverse-leakage current, similar to that of silicon diodes. And they are quite cheap too.

In layman's terms I guess you could say that Schottky diodes are more sensitive, though sensitive to what in EVP experiments I doubt anyone really knows.

I've experimented with all three types, but to be honest haven't had any convincing results. Mostly just picking up a mashup of radio signals or mains hum.

I know there are those who say the 'entities' manipulate these signals into meaningful phrases, but I'm starting to think the brain does that, particularly when you're provided with an interpretation before you have even listened.

Good luck,

Jan

Posted: Apr 7th, 2014 04:38 PM
  PM Quote Reply
84th Post
Grimus

That looks like a "Stereo" cable as opposed to a "Mono" cable.

Is that additional piece of wire really helping with detecting a signal or is it weakening the signal because of more material to travel through?

When you touch it, does it humm?

When you record, do you get repetitive spikes?

How does screwing it to some metal thing like I see you did ground it? Does it ground it noticably? Are the EVPs clearer with it grounded or is it more receptive with the feedback?

I am trying this set up with diff wires and antenna to see how I can get a clearer audio.

Anyway, keep up the good work folks!@

Attached Image (viewed 879 times):

setup1.jpg

Posted: Apr 7th, 2014 06:58 PM
  PM Quote Reply
85th Post
asil

I haven't had time to listen or read all through this but wow - just listened to a recording on page one where the diode was just left alone. It sounds like a bunch of porpoises,but i definitely hear "he's stroking the pick up, we're so happy that he's stroking the pick up " over and over. so crazy!

This is my husband's neck of the woods - electrical engineer and Ham radio operator but big time skeptic so maybe one day he will come around. He has listened to SETI and what not and says nothing to report. How to convince someone like that ??

Last edited on Apr 8th, 2014 01:18 AM by asil

Posted: Apr 8th, 2014 04:43 AM
  PM Quote Reply
86th Post
Grimus

Well, one of the configurations I've messed with I was able to get a recording of what sounded like "Let me think, I'm not ready yet". Like if you put a mic to someones face to do a mic check and they didn't know what to say.

With your husband being an electrical engineer, could you ask him this. One cable I'm messing with is a diode on a "Belkin" brand name stereo cable, then I touch the tip of the diode and I get a hum. I then also took an old set of stereo headphones, ripped the headphone section off and twisted all the cables together and then attached the diode. When I touch the diode to see if its getting a signal, there is no hum.

What confuses me is that I know headphones can be used as microphones, I've tested it, but I don't understand why it is not getting a signal.

Maybe the wire setup is diff?

if I were to use musician cables, (1/4 inch I believe).. should I be using the shielded cables.. or the un-shielded cables?

Does the thickness of the wire come into play at all? Like, if the wire is thicker does it help move the signal or does the bulk of the material water down the signal? I guess the term would be impedance?

I should probably just stick with the set up I'm using that got the one EVP but I'm just trying a few things to see if I can get a better recording of it..

Tips on cleaning up the recordings would be nice (such as parametric settings)

------------

Been looking around for info.. I think thicker cable is the way to go.

http://www.education.com/science-fair/article/electricity-move-better-thick-wires-thin/

The headphones had thinner wires, the "belkin" brand wire seemed a bit thicker... bit I still get these weird spikes like it wants to be grounded but I'm not sure on how to ground it.. Does connecting the ground wire to something metal really work.. I have some old hard drives, I could just maybe stick the wire in one of the screw holes if you folks think that would actually work. I thought it actually had to connect into the ground for it be be grounded.

Last edited on Apr 8th, 2014 05:03 AM by Grimus

Posted: Apr 8th, 2014 07:12 AM
  PM Quote Reply
87th Post
Grimus

It is tough to tell if it is actually getting a signal if when I touch it, it does not hum.

Is this how everyone else here who is messing with this is determining if their setup is working?

---------
Edit: After checking, it hums when I touch it no matter which way the diode is pointing, which is odd because I thought the whole thing about diodes what that it only had a signal going 1 way. I must be messing up my terms... but how do you folks know if your set up is ready to get a signal?

Last edited on Apr 8th, 2014 01:21 PM by Grimus

Posted: Apr 8th, 2014 01:13 PM
  PM Quote Reply
88th Post
Grimus

I mentioned I caught an EVP in a previous post. I figured I might as well share it here.

This is the same clip, repeated 3 times.

The first time is the original signal, the second is filtered using a thin parametric line (to try to find where the piece in the signal is), and the 3rd is it using a noise reduction filter, volume boosted, and then EQed.

"Wait, lemmie think about it"

Attachment: WaitlemmieThinkAboutit_2.mp3 (Downloaded 1182 times)

Last edited on Apr 8th, 2014 01:16 PM by Grimus

Posted: Apr 8th, 2014 06:34 PM
  PM Quote Reply
89th Post
NKiernan

I hear a small voice, but how do you know its not just a radio signal?

Last edited on Apr 10th, 2014 09:38 AM by NKiernan

Posted: Apr 8th, 2014 07:40 PM
  PM Quote Reply
90th Post
Grimus

That's the recording.

Posted: Apr 8th, 2014 08:08 PM
  PM Quote Reply
91st Post
Grimus

I'm still messing with filters and setups but this is one that I made like 5 mins ago. I attached a larger antenna on it. I had to cut it significantly to get it to a size that would upload on here.

No clue what it is saying and I was going to just delete the file but desided to throw a few preset filters I had onto it to clean it up quick and to see what I got.

Sounds male while the other one sounded female.

No clue what it is saying but I definitely hear some phonetics.

Attachment: RecordedWithLargerAntenna.mp3 (Downloaded 1072 times)

Last edited on Apr 8th, 2014 08:15 PM by Grimus

Posted: Apr 9th, 2014 08:22 AM
  PM Quote Reply
92nd Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hello Grimus,

Welcome to the forum.

The pic you reference in post #84 is basically a diode with an input antenna and output to a mic jack.  While Keith has the ground wire of the mic cable attached to the project box,  the rudimentary circuit is still ungrounded.  If you were envision the setup without the project box you will see how basic it is.

This is just another variation inspired by the Raudive Diode.

If you do a search on this site for raudive diode you will find a few threads that delve into various designs.

If you wish to gain an overview of the Raudive Diode...you can read through this thread:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=2080&forum_id=5

I listened to your recordings and found them interesting.  When you start applying filters to the point of hearing the higher pitched musical sounding notes...you have over-processed the file which makes it hard for others to perform analysis.

It's always better to upload an unfiltered version of your recording wherever possible.

Keep plugging away with your experiment. 

BTW...Here's a pic of a very basic use of a diode:

Regards,
Ron

Attached Image (viewed 887 times):

diode_jack.jpg

Posted: Apr 10th, 2014 05:46 AM
  PM Quote Reply
93rd Post
Jan

It's good to see people are still experimenting, although very disappointing that after 50-odd years of using the diode method (or any other method as far as I can see), we still haven't got anything like clear, unambiguous communication.

No doubt folks will point me at some recording in which they CAN hear unambiguous communications, but all I can ever hear in these is noise. But then after 20-odd years of listening to weak radio signals my brain has been trained away from aural pareidolia so perhaps people with my kind of background are more likely to hear only what's really there.

Anyway, back on topic... As also spending decades as an RF engineer, I can confirm the use of a germanium diode for signal detection.

And Grimus, you'll get hum either way the diode is connected because AC hum is just that - alternating current. One way you'll pick up the negative half cycles of the AC waveform, and the other way the positive half cycles. That's the theory anyway, but in practice there is unlikely to be sufficient signal to make the diode conduct in either direction under those circumstances and your audio circuits are probably just picking up leakage through the diode without it conducting at all.

But is there any evidence the EVP can be detected with a diode? If so, does this not suggest EVP is electromagnetic radiation? In which case they should be picked up by sensitive radio equipment. (Yes - some researchers say that have done that, but neither I nor any of my colleagues ever have heard any paranormal signals on any frequencies between at least 10 kHz and 70 MHz. Perhaps we were just listening in the wrong place. (And my God, we must have totalled many, many thousands of hours between us!)

If the entities are manipulating noise (or the brain's perception of noise - which is an interesting idea) from sounds from tape, diode radio signals, water, etc. then an audio noise gernerator would be worthy of consideration, and if anyone is interested I'll post some links.

My husband has a Physics PhD who dismisses all this stuff thus: "If after all these decades of research no one has yet come up with a testable theory against the evidence, it's either all wishful thinking nonsense, or lacking any real evidence. Either way you're wasting your time."

But I'm still interested...

Jan

Last edited on Apr 10th, 2014 05:51 AM by Jan

Posted: Apr 10th, 2014 09:37 AM
  PM Quote Reply
94th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Jan,

That's some great feedback, appreciate it.

I am interested in your mention of noise generator, as I am currently working on something. I have also had the opportunity to observe spirit influencing many forms of radio (longwaves, AM) 3Khz-about 58Mhz , my individual and personal challenge lies in refining the intelligibility of what I am working with.

Please share what you mentioned. I may be familiar with some of it, but certainly not at the level of which you and your husband are. There is always something to learn.

Thanks,
Keith

Posted: Apr 10th, 2014 09:45 AM
  PM Quote Reply
95th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

After looking over this thread, I am interested in anyone's audio samples of any work they do with diodes at this point in time....

..particularly, if there is electrical noise or hum, I am also as equally interested, regardless of how noisy you think it is. From what I've seen, most diodes will have to be amplified....

Email me, could take me some time to get back to you.

Thanks,
Keith

Posted: Apr 10th, 2014 01:17 PM
  PM Quote Reply
96th Post
Jan

Yes Keith, I'm pleased to help.

I've always thought that if it's a noise source researchers want, why not use a constant, reliable electronically generated, volume-controllable source?

Using radio tuned away from stations for background noise is just leaving the experiment open to various RF signals (including Morse code, teletype, fax, data, SSB, etc.), many of which will sound paranormal to the uninitiated, particularly on short wave. (I know, I've been shown some "EVPs" obtained like that. On at least one occasion I had to say: "No, sorry love. It's not your deceased brother, it's the Shannon VOLMET USB aircraft weather station and you're trying to listen on a simple AM shortwave radio.)

Using foreign-language tapes - reversed or otherwise - I also feel is provoking pareidolia.

The following circuits generate random noise. Presumably roughly 'white noise'. (There is pink, brown, blue and grey amongst others! But I doubt the spirits care what colour it is.)

Some of the circuits will be suitable to go directly into the mic socket. Some have more output and would be better for the line in/phono input. Just experiment.

===

http://technosains.com/WhiteNoiseGenerator.htm

I suggest C2, 3 and 4 are increased in value to say 10 uF to give better response at audio frequencies.
=============

http://www.wiringcircuit.com/oscillator/Simple_White_Noise_Generator_2606.html

I shouldn't worry about the mention of power supply ripple if you run it off a battery, and 9V should be enough. Maybe reduce all resistors by say 20% for 9 volts.

===========

http://lh-electric.net/bin/TC008.gif

That should run off 9V easily too without any changes.

======

http://montalk.net/emwng.html

Interesting because this one will generate audio for EVP background, and RF for diode detection methods.

=====

Anyway, you get the idea, just Google "audio OR af noise generator circuit OR schematic" for plenty more.

Good luck and I hope we get some results feedback on here...

Jan

PS: If anyone posts any results, PLEASE don't suggest what phase we should be hearing. We'll never get objective results that way.

PPS: Actually, Morse or teletype from "beyond" would probably be an unambiguous signal if anyone could read it.

Last edited on Apr 10th, 2014 01:34 PM by Jan

Posted: Apr 14th, 2014 12:50 AM
  PM Quote Reply
97th Post
Grimus

ArazonaEVP, that diode jack thing looks interesting, I'm going to try that tomorrow, hopefully I understand the concept right. I'm not sure if it is trimmed down of bent over and soldered somewhere else in the back that I cant see. I'll mess around but I don't expect to catch any EVP if there isn't a ghost around. I was hoping that, with the larger antenna, there would be more frequencies available that the entity could manipulate into a message but I think it was overkill.

I'll keep messing around, I get the concept of making frequencies available that, in an undisturbed state, sound like weak static and giving whatever entity that can jiggle those frequencies around into something usable. Similar to that "transformer" in the movies that changed radio stations to find a way to communicate. I think his name was bumblebee or something like that..

I get that concept, I'm just trying to make sure that the diode set up is correct and that if I am going to listen to static through some diode antenna, that I'm actually using the diode antenna haha.

Any idea on how I could make sure that the diode is detecting a signal? Maybe wiggle it infront of the tv or something with static? Do you think just bare wires hooked up to an audio jack would also just crackle and static?

I'll mess around more with it tomorrow. Thanks for all the replies and tips for this EVP stuff. I see electrical diagrams but I don't quite get it, I see "signal flows this way".. and getting that humming when I touched the diode really confused me since I thought that the diode would only let the signal flow one way.. maybe there's a thresh hold on how much signal it won't allow back through the reverse route that I went past? I don't know. I think I need some electrical testing gear to verify signals are going through things I think they are going through.

Posted: Apr 14th, 2014 01:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
98th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Thanks Jan, don't be surprised if I contact you directly in the future regarding this subject area..... :)

What are your thoughts on visual programming such as Synthedit to create virtual modules to do the same thing as the circuits you described, but without any parts needed?

Thanks,
Keith

Posted: Apr 14th, 2014 01:59 PM
  PM Quote Reply
99th Post
Jan

Hi Keith,

I have no experience with Synthedit, but if it produces a variable level of background noise, I see no reason why it shouldn't work as well as any other noise generating system.

In fact I expect there are a number of websites that will generate any 'colour' of noise you like - I never thought of looking, even though I use various websites to generate audio tones as sine and square waves, Morse code from text, etc.

Good luck with the experimenting - perhaps you'll generate some clear, unambiguous EVPs.

Jan

PS: No problem contacting me with this site's PM system.

Posted: Apr 14th, 2014 02:51 PM
  PM Quote Reply
100th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Quick sidenote, don't want to track this thread off too far.....

did some digging again on Bill Chappell's work, he has a lot more video out now than when I first dug into some of his creations back in 2008....now I feel I have a better idea of his intentions, thought process, etc...

If you're not familiar with him, check out digitaldowsing.com and youtube him....

a man with interesting ideas....approaching it from what appears to be a scientific and methodical detail, as further exploration that is gathered as more input for the next time.....without any apparent attachment to the idea of spirit communication...

Thanks,
Keith

Posted: Apr 14th, 2014 11:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
101st Post
Grimus

This question isn't intended to divert the conversation from germanium diodes and evp. But if anyone here is familiar with java programming, it would be really helpful to be able to sample the mic input and scan evp audio files just so we can see some raw numbers from the sample to see if some numbers appear that don't appear with recordings that have been determined to not have any evp recordings.

Even if this simple program could be used to create number output that could be scanned for flags, indicating that the file is worth giving it a closer look.

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 12:51 AM
  PM Quote Reply
102nd Post
Grimus

New recording done about 40 mins ago:

First part is the original signal. Then I inserted a camera sound to signal the start of the "cleaned up" signal.

The cleaning up basically consisted of EQing through some headphones.

Analysis:

"Can they hear us? Hey, hey you, can you hear us? Hey, hey you, can you hear us (this?)?"

(note: recording was much longer and this audio resolution has been lowered to meet the upload requirements of below 1000000 bytes. )

Attachment: 5_15_recording.mp3 (Downloaded 994 times)

Last edited on Apr 15th, 2014 12:57 AM by Grimus

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 01:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
103rd Post
Jan

Sorry, all I can here is low frequency noise and tone of about 180 Hz which step-varies by 5 Hz three or four times.

Jan

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 01:12 AM
  PM Quote Reply
104th Post
Grimus

That seems to be in the range to look though.

"The voiced speech of a typical adult male will have a fundamental frequency from 85 to 180 Hz, and that of a typical adult female from 165 to 255 Hz."

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Voice_frequency

I'm open to suggestions on where to look. Not too fond of the idea of looking at the reverse track or using pitch shifters to bring the low end up to the vocal range though.

I also seem to think that using noise generators is counter productive, since a lot of "time" is spent cleaning it up and getting rid of ambient static around the abnormality.

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 01:54 AM
  PM Quote Reply
105th Post
Jan

Correct, that's the fundamental frequency, but it's misleading to consider it as the source or origin frequency for speech. It's just a very rough approximation of where the harmonics come from. It's not really much use in speech analysis and won't show up as a line on a spectrum of speech, as would say a musical note from an instrument.

As you'll have read, that article also says that the frequencies 300 to 3400 Hz is where the intelligence of speech is concentrated. Fortuitously early carbon telephone microphones responded well in this range, and for various technical reasons that's why communications voice channels still use this part of the audio spectrum.

You just won't hear anything integrable if the voice channel is restricted much below about 1500 Hz. If you have any sound software play about with the upper and lower frequency limits with speech to see what I mean.

Jan

Posted: Apr 15th, 2014 03:09 AM
  PM Quote Reply
106th Post
Grimus

Hmm.. I'm not sure what to tell you. Technically, nothing is hooked up and I'm amazed that I'm getting any kind of signal at all.

Also, when getting some kind of static from essentially boosting and filtering nothing, I am inclined to observe that there is random sounding static, and within that random sounding static there are a hand full of non symmetrical/non-interval patterns which leads me to focus on those areas.

Going off of the concept that any non-bodies entity could attempt to make use of ambient frequencies to "voice" a response. I would think to filter everything outside of the basic voice frequency range, cut the low end and boost the highs just to sharpen any mid/high pronunciations.

Since I'm expecting that an entity on recording would not be generating any frequencies themselves, just slightly "realigning" the ambient frequencies, I wouldn't expect it to move a graph very much since it is not injecting any signal but only slightly modulating it.

I would also have to accept that since it is only slightly modulating frequencies, there would still be ambient static within the basic frequency range that it is not currently in the act of manipulating.

I am also currently favoring using as small an antenna as possible,the little metal bit hanging off the diode is all I'm using. I tried it with a larger antenna but I think it just picked up too much. I'd rather have the entity struggling to be heard and giving me the chance to hear it with as little interference as possible then for me to have a bunch of jumbles because I'm asking the entity to modulate too much signal.

Some thoughts that come to mind that I want to try in the near future is to submerge the diode to see if the liquid can create some kind of "sound booth" for any non-bodied visitors.

If I'd press record and just got a flat line, I'd actually be happy because there is nothing to figure out.

If I'd press record and just got steady TV style static, I'd be happy because its just static.

But there are patterns in the static and I'm hearing something other than silence so I'm interested.

Last edited on Apr 15th, 2014 03:09 PM by Grimus

Posted: Apr 16th, 2014 02:14 AM
  PM Quote Reply
107th Post
Grimus

Submerged the tip of the diode in a bottle of water (glass encasement was not submerged). I took a few recordings with a few diff setups setups.

After about 30 mins of recording diff setups and fiddling with clips that I thought I heard something interesting in, all I think I got (from this review session) was some guy whispering:

"It's wet".

Here are 3 clips separated by a camera sound.

Clip one is the raw signal. Clip 2 it brushed up a bit, I think you can really hear the "It's wet" more defined, but quieter. Clip 3 is it processed to harder. The abnormality is louder but less defined.

"It's Wet."

Attachment: ItsWet.mp3 (Downloaded 921 times)

Posted: Apr 20th, 2014 01:23 AM
  PM Quote Reply
108th Post
Grimus

[edited: After thinking about this recording, I realize that I was watching some stand up comedy prior to recording. To me, this recording sounds almost like a mockery of what was on TV earlier. As if someone put a mic in your face expecting you to jabber away for a mic check, you had nothing to say, so you just did some improvised standup in a mocking stylings of what you just watched. Sounds more fun to me than constantly saying "Mic check, 1,2,1,2.. test test test". on a recording that you are not even sure will be heard.]

New recording, 4-20-2014:

--setup notes--
This setup is using an empty glass bottle filled with water.

Inside the bottle is about 6 or 7 inches of exposed wire supplied from the braiding of a 1/4 insulated cable.

The other end of the exposed wire is connected to the diode, diode connected to a 1/8 stereo cable to the mic input.
---

file notes:

Clip1: original signal but boosted
Clip2: noise reduction and then boosted
clip3: (repeated 3 times) EQ and boosted.

-----------

Analysis:

To me, it sounds like some obscenities. Maybe not so much obscene towards a person but obscenities being used to describe the frustration of situation.

Unlike some recordings I review that I can hear what sounds like words with multiple syllables, this one sounds like it consists of a series of single syllable words.

Attachment: 4_20_2014.mp3 (Downloaded 882 times)

Last edited on Apr 20th, 2014 04:18 AM by Grimus

Posted: Apr 29th, 2014 04:41 PM
  PM Quote Reply
109th Post
Grimus

I'm still messing with the diodes but I've also decided to look towards "speech to text" recognition.

Here is the file, it has been cleaned and boosted, also formatted to meet upload specs. The cleaning and the eq was to make the most out of the vocal frequency mid/high range.

I can't hear anything in this personally but this mix was not designed for me to listen to. I then sent the file (a 60 second test file after letting any ghost buddies around know I was going to be testing) through a speech to text program I'm fiddling with and what the speech to text says it got was:

"At one at it and it got"

Can you hear it?

No?

Than how did the software?

Attachment: 4_29_2014.mp3 (Downloaded 663 times)

Posted: Apr 29th, 2014 04:45 PM
  PM Quote Reply
110th Post
NKiernan

There is a speech to text program? I would really appreciate the name of that software. I've always wanted to try something like that.

Thanks Neil

Posted: Apr 29th, 2014 04:56 PM
  PM Quote Reply
111th Post
Grimus

I decided it give the germanium diode to speech to text test another whirl, just to see what I got. I also wanted to get a smaller clip so the uploaded file could be better quality.

In this one I got: "I knew who "

Attachment: 4_29_2014_b.mp3 (Downloaded 851 times)

Posted: Apr 29th, 2014 05:03 PM
  PM Quote Reply
112th Post
Grimus

NKiernan wrote:
There is a speech to text program? I would really appreciate the name of that software. I've always wanted to try something like that.

Thanks Neil

I'm messing with this one right now. I have a handful of others I'm fiddling with but this one actually gave me something where others gave me nothing, so it has my attention right now.

http://download.informer.com/win-1193153046-473b97f9-5c36ca8f/wavetotextsetup.exe

Posted: Apr 29th, 2014 06:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
113th Post
NKiernan

Grimus
                          Thanks but the link isn't working. what's the software's name?

Neil

Posted: May 7th, 2014 06:09 PM
  PM Quote Reply
114th Post
Grimus

Sorry about that, I guess the link was time sensitive.

It is called "Ultra Wave to Text". I'm using the demo because its a bit pricey for just having it scan static.

Here is another link:
http://www.ultrashareware.com/WaveToTextSetup.exe

its a bit funky to get it to work.. run the "CSharp" exe in the "CSharp" folder...

I'm guessing it was built using visual basic and c sharp.

Posted: May 7th, 2014 06:40 PM
  PM Quote Reply
115th Post
Grimus

Results of a 10 min recording (raw file too large to post) :

Germanium diode hooked up to an antenna, ran through a few audio filters, and then ran through a speech to text program.

Note: depending on how the noise reduction filters are set, the results generate a word over and over again.. in some cases, depending on the process, it reads the reduced noise as the word "on" or "one" or "the"..

You can usually tell which words the filters are generating since it repeats that word over and over again.. like " one one one one" or "the the the the".. I usually read these results and discard the filter generated words.

I'm still working out the filters but check this out, this is what I got out of a 10 min recording:

--------------------

If you have to have to have to have to have been a while and have to have to have to have what I then get the hello them that the than the a Faulk hello the quilts Guinn's the the hello the than the the the urban guilt for affordable the fall the than the the the than the the Theis that hello ? Call me the hello a the the the than the fault for afford the the hello a that how the the hello the the the the the the hello their afford the off on though the the the than the the the the hello the the hello the the the hello the hello gaffe the the hello the they've the the the hello the quilt fog in fault foggy the god fault thousand that the athletic one gotta then the the than hello the gardens the than hello Kevin Carr affordable the hello the them the than the a eight rogue and the than silent so the fourth for foreign loans go Gifford hello the than the the the the hello the the than hello the than " how for the the the their four a for the hello the the than hello the . the the than hello a the the form the than the than the than though if all the the hello the the hello though the than hello the the hello the thus I'm gay the us the them for the them to a that the foggy the the the than the the than the than the a form the than the AV the them the guerrilla Goetz the hello the than the than the than the the them the than the than the than what hello them the them for a fans this the hello the Ganz thou the hello Gifford than the than the than the than raw roar psalm the them the than the hello the the than hello the the thus a the outside hence the the hello though the than their near how Athens the them for hello for a forty they've go on us they've the this a thus of the Gandhi the they've the than hello the the them faults of the than four affordable means the than forty that means the awe things that you code the they've the Faulk one the unformed fog athlete that the than four a form the than the than " hello the than the than their affordable to us the than hello the they've the Co. they the foreign the than cry for a fault : gilts have the means that hello the fault thousand than their hello the the hello the than the they've the the hello of them for a foggy the hello the gains the what fault fault Sami other there hello of Hammons them affluence the unless a therefore they unfortunately of form for affordable than the moon's the four affordable the they're affordable the unformed how the the eighty unhook milk ganor hello the than four a former affair affordable and get fault suba hello the than affable out the the than other hello the math the quilts of the four affordable than they fault fair where affordable the than at hello of fallout the hello the the the them Queens the them and give the them another hello fault for offense that the former a fen the former a faults in the oak Wong for a fee of the then the four affordable of the the other nominal the them into a wry notes OM affable there affordable and up the they're a former a forum for affair four a fault for a felts sons therefore a phones that may not have though their four a foreign the them and are hello for a fama want cents for affordable unquenchable the golden's for affordable the them and guilt fault thousand faults reform the nominee that able to give the the what hello > writes of the the owns fault for affordable them the ovens thou shalt thousand ever hello to a the queue our hello them the than a core hello the the the the the the the qualm the than other hello graffiti a than a plea for the the the them the former a former a form the form this the the them and graffiti the them though the the than the the the the therefore offense fault for a fall then a OM the therefore the the they've the the the the than the them the them the the the the the them they them a a a the ovens than the a them the them the believe that the the the the the price of the the the the than the the the Goetz faults thousand than the the the than they the the the the the other a for a form the the the the the them for offense the than the them the the the the the the the the the them and the than the ultimate hey the the the them they then the them the them for a phenomenal the form the they're a for a fault thousand four a four a form the them the the than fault for a foggy the the the the them for affair affordable the the them to guilt for that the the the than the them the the the the other a form for affordable the than the them the the the the the them that the the than they them and their affordable Athol the the the the the the the the than the the them to the site they then the than the them the them in the the them the the the the the the the than the the than the them the than the than the than the a than the the them after a four a fault for a phones that the the them and give the than the than the them for a four a phones the the than the the the the the the the the the them for a for a fault for the the the the the than the the than the the them the the them in the the the Gahr a faults enables the though a that hello the them the the the the the they're a four a for a fault for a form the the the them the the than the the the the the than for a felt fault for offense the than the the unable the the than the though the the them the nominee of the the them the the than a good the them the the than the four offend the the the the them fault fault so the the than the gamba when the early of four a for a fault for affordable than the them to a than a them of the than the the the them for a femme the the the them the then the the than the than the the a savvy than the hello the the let women's the hello the than the the another who the foggy for affordable than the the unformed for a foggy the form the the the than the than the the the the the the the than the than the the the the the the the the them the that's a the men's go for a fen the than OM for a fatuous go the the the the than the a the the the the for a fault for a fen though fault for a for a fault for a fault for a FA Wah way for a fault sense the they're a four a faults or a four a foggy for affirming good them for a fault four a form the than the the unable the the the the the the a good for a faults or a file the them and their affordable though the the the than the the than the them for a fault for a fault for a four a for a FA Wah Wah math enforce a them the than the the a than Guerra fault fathom what hello the them than the four a four a FA we fault for affordable than the than earlier hello the that's a the fault for reform the them than the faults reform the the the the the unformed the the a that have the the the the the the the the the them for a four a four a four a fault fault for a fault for a for a four a fault for a four a four a for a fault for a phenomenal the the than the the the the the the them for a for a four a for a form the the the the the the the the them the the the the the the the the than the for a fault for affording the the the than the the the than the the the fault for a fathomable guffaw give the the

Posted: May 8th, 2014 08:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
116th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

I am pretty intrigued, I must say...I'm filing this program into the memory banks...for future dusting off...

Keith

Posted: Jul 8th, 2014 06:43 PM
  PM Quote Reply
117th Post
Grimus

Hey folks, check this out, its the same thing we are doing here only in program mode.. The filters were calibrated using the germanium diodes.

Also on Zippyshare...

http://www34.zippyshare.com/v/57712069/file.html

The Evil Dictator and Witch Doctor:

Two programs in 1, "The Evil Dictator" is an EVP Lab that allows you to record, filter, and extract speech from any kind of EVP Recordings. It is currently calibrated for energy microphones ( EVP Mics, Diodes, etc. ) but this build includes a studio that allows you to manually create filters and save them as presets for future recordings. Once recorded, you can then run the recording through the an additional process to extract the text of any detected speech.

The Witch Doctor is a Bio-Resonance / Sonic Therapy machine that has presets to treat over 1,000 conditions. It is based off of research by "Royal Raymond Rife" and has minimal hardware requirements. This build also includes additional modern sonic therapy experiments that tries to build off of Rife, and other contributors research.

(I removed the attached image because I felt the underlying iconic character was inappropriate and because the image offered no additional information than what you've already posted - Ron)

Last edited on Jul 8th, 2014 09:39 PM by ArizonaEvp

Posted: Jul 9th, 2014 04:49 AM
  PM Quote Reply
118th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

While I have not run the program, I did download and scan it with Norton and it reports no threats found.

Here is a portion of the Read Me file:

This build is a BETA TEST, as in it may have some kinks
or dependancies that still need to be worked out.

--------------------------

Important:

There is a button labled "Load Preset Settings" in the program.

First time users need to load the settings file
"EvilDictator_LoadSettings.gws" located at: C:EvilDictator

-----------------------------------

This software has been tested only on Windows XP.

You might run into problems if you don't have some of the
required dependancies.

If you have problems running this program, here are a few
things to check.

---------------------------------

Do you have the right default device settings selected?

In the control panel ( Start>Control Planel>Sound and Audio Devices )
Make sure that you have the right "Default Device" and not something
like "ManyCams" or some other virtual mic.

You can select which speech engine you use.

Down by the clock on the bottom right hand side of the task bar,
You should probably see a small microphone icon.

Right click that> Settings> Speech Recognition, Properties,
Advanced Speech, and in the "Language" box you should see something
like:  Microsoft English Recognizer v5.1

Make sure you have all your windows updates.

-----------------------------------

You may also need the Speech SDK 5.1:

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=10121

-------------------------------------

You will also need to have MS Framework 4.0 or greater.

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=17851

-----------------------------

If you run into problems starting this program, you can try
clicking on the Elect_EvilDictator.hta file located in:  c:EvilDictator

Current time is 10:20 PM Page:  First Page Previous Page  1  2  3     
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > Germanium Diodes Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1938 seconds (27% database + 73% PHP). 24 queries executed.