ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
ITC Bridge > Members > Introduce yourself > Greetings from Massachusetts

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, lance, Keith Clark, Deborah, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Greetings from Massachusetts  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Oct 20th, 2008 10:43 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
rjisinspired

My name is Bob and I have been into EVP since September of 2004.  I had always believed there were unexplained mysteries abound but it wasn't until I did a Google search one night in August of 2004 on the word paranormal that started it for me. 

The first page I came to was of a picture of a Mother holding her kid and in the background an image of the Mothers' Grandmother could be seen in a screen door.  I started doing spirit photo for a short time.  The next month I switched over to EVP.

After reading about EVP I was very unsure so I decided the next couple of days to get a recorder and a microphone.  I was at BigLots and thought to get a cheap recorder and microphone.  I figured that would do.  First recorder was a GE shoebox recorder and an American idol microphone with a step-down connector.  The microphone had a good bass pickup even though it looked cheesy.

Later that afternoon I went to the local cemetery, few minutes walk from where I live.  Started the recorder and aim the microphone away from me.  I felt sort of foolish but was willing to give it a try.  There was some excitement mixed in with uncertainty and silliness.  I asked three basic questions, session was a little over 5 minutes.

Going back home I connect the recorder to computer and fire up the editor.  After the first question I heard something that wasn't there, a whistle sound that I didn't hear during the time of recording.  After the second question I received a "Shhhh" sound then later on a quick whistle.

I had a theory about the whistles and it came to me.  This was the same exact way my Grandmother whistled.  This is what started off with me continuing with EVP.

During the course of 4+ years I have received responses from relatives, past friends including names and in a few cases how they died, people I didn't know and I have even offered services to those who had lost relatives, for free.  Currently I have been working with one of my old friends in contacting his Grandparents.  I did receive a name of a relative, an Uncle, of my friend and he was surprised about this.  Not only that but I asked his Grandparents if anything would help in getting a better contact with them and a response of "memory" resulted from the session.  My friend told me to bring up the times when he was a kid and his Grandparents took him camping and fishing, for the next session.  I did just this when I went back to the plot.  One of the responses I received as I was nearly ending this session which was clear "Rock and Roll." This phrase didn't make any sense at the time when I was going over the file.  I sent my friend that sample and when I got his IM he was stunned literally.  He told me that Rock and Roll is what his Grandfather use to say before going fishing.

I have old audio tapes that I had made when I was a kid and someday I'll need to go over them and see if any EVP is there.

EVP has had a change in my life and I'm glad to be a part of this field.  Thanks for having me here at this site.

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Oct 21st, 2008 06:33 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Bob,

Welcome to the forum. We look forward to you sharing your evps with us here.

Thank you for joining the site. Yes, knowledge of life after death can have quite an effect on people - sometimes bad, but mostly good. I have never been able to feel alone again....

Keith

Posted: Oct 21st, 2008 11:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Slider2732

Enjoyed that story of how you started and had the unfortunately strong mental image there of someone walking about looking like they were practicing for a stage performance hehe. But, that setup worked, it did gain a decent insight in the way your Grandmother came forward and carried you on forwards. That you are now able to help others possibly gain contact with their deceased family members must feel like quite the bonus.
Something good DID in fact come from American idol lol

Posted: Oct 22nd, 2008 09:02 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Bob,

Welcome!  You have a very interesting background and some good stories.  Vicki

Posted: Oct 23rd, 2008 06:35 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Kevin

HI!BOB, WELCOME TO THE FORUM. I HAVE FOUND THE FORUM ONE OF THE BEST HERE ON THE NET.  KEITH IS VERY PROFESSIONAL IN HIS APPROACH AND MAKES GENUINE PEOPLE MOST WELCOME HERE IN HIS FORUM.

REGARDS,KEVIN.

Attached Image (viewed 146 times):

cooltext401850494.gif

Posted: Oct 23rd, 2008 11:09 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
rjisinspired

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

Posted: Oct 25th, 2008 03:36 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
lance

hello Bob!

welcome to the site, look forward to sharing E.V.P's, take care, Lance.

Current time is 02:57 PM  
ITC Bridge > Members > Introduce yourself > Greetings from Massachusetts Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1367 seconds (25% database + 75% PHP). 25 queries executed.