ITC Bridge Home 
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Dedicated SPIRICOM Forum > Candidate chips for speech manipulation

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Keith Clark, fratka, ArizonaEvp  
AuthorPost
Slider2732

On the subject of chips and tones, as recently discussed between Keith and Joe on the introductory message for this section.

Several common everyday devices would seem to hold potential for their inclusion in Spiricom type work. Rather than pure tones being transmitted by a noise generator type circuit, perhaps sequential outputs of all available speech elements within a chip could be utilised. The spirit may be able to shape the output as desired, by picking off the tones required, as they come around on a loop basis. While a strong theory is that time itself is less relevant on the other side, such a technique could be performed so that it sounded real-time to us.
Say, for example, a speech chip for a clock radio that announces the time of day, could be made to output it's library of sounds in this loop fashion. Would such a thing be feasibly constructive within Spiricom ? Some numbers can sound like words, 8 for ate, 2 for too etc. Though limited, if only the parts the spirit wished for communication were forwarded for output, such an idea seems initially possible. That routing would be internally cyclic and broadcast similarly to Spiricom, then, with spirit help perhaps through EMF level triggering, forwarded to the amplifier and speaker output.
I realise the principle may not have been worded correctly...I know what I mean lol, so can expand upon the idea if needed.

Chips i'm thinking of include:
Clock radio time announce
Ovilus type devices
Speak+Spell TMS range
Anything else that talks but doesn't use preset wording.
Telephone answering machines seem to fall into the problem area of set data for specific functions and therefore wouldn't work. 'You have 1 new message' might raise an eyebrow though.

Another area for study and build is eprom based. Load the device with the tones used in spiricom and have each be cycled. Burn the chip with the sound data and have the chip be read from start to finish round and round.
I built an eprom sound player last year, for a looping and synthesis project (my first keyboard being a Casio SK-5 might have something to do with it). That device will see the inclusion of such an eprom.
Variable playback rates from 100Hz to 48kHz as fitted to my device, might well see a range that could be useful for a two way contact !

I see this whole project as related to the K-II EMF meter controversy and pushes that side of contact a little further. If a spirit can make the lights jump from green to red, then the red range would trigger the output from the speech chip. Careful hand waving (or however a spirit does it) would form the output for us to hear.

Keith Clark
Administrator

I liked it when you mentioned the speak & spell. Lol, I havent heard of that in years.

Keith

Slider2732

Oh I got mine in 1990 and was so retentive in the writing up of all it's words that I printed them all and stuck them on the back of the unit !
232 words, all there on yellowing paper.
Will have to post a pic of that....

Got mine for music work, at the time House music was very big in the UK and people were sampling the S&S. Found one in a paper advert for £15 and thought the price would be justified by mucking about with some samples and making a few tunes etc. Turned out, that it's still running fine in 2008 and has never given the slightest problem in all those years of on/off use.

Attached Image (viewed 350 times):

S&Swords.jpg

Slider2732

Just found this on Ebay: http://cgi.ebay.com/TEXAS-INSTRUMENTS-TI-SPEAK-AND-SPELL-WORD-MODULE-NR_W0QQitemZ110296237905QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item110296237905&_trkparms=72%3A1421|39%3A1|66%3A2|65%3A12|240%3A1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Soooo, the thought goes that the S&S is programmable with different words. Wish I had monies to buy up a few tatty units and see what might happen with my eprom burner !
Perhaps even link with a Speak&Math or Speak&Read for a good word base.
Think i'll try Freecycle, wish me luck lol

joecioppi

Here's a board setup to run from your PC's serial port. It comes with a speech configured pic uP. Software to run it is a free download from the site.

http://www.speechchips.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=14

Last edited on Oct 9th, 2008 04:52 PM by joecioppi

Slider2732

6 oscillators....all on a PIC. That's an area I definitely need to get in to. Am building a micro-synth at the moment with 4 oscillators of different design each and outputting different waveforms (555, TC4011, CD4093 and op-amp sine wave). Complex waveform shaping needs very careful tweaking. Either that or turn one down a lot! Kinda understanding why Bob Moog and others usually stopped at 3 lol.
The Soundgin looks a good piece of kit, thanks for the link :)

joecioppi

the speech chip is done in code with composite waveforms output at d/a pin.

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1261 seconds (22% database + 78% PHP). 25 queries executed.