ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
the ovilus 1  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Jul 12th, 2008 02:34 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
billyd

I just purchased the ovilus 1, has any used this device. I turn it on and it makes sounds and if I switch it over it says words. There is also a dowsing mode. I'm really just into the evp portion. I've been recording EVP for 3 years and wanted to give this a try.  any advice or instruction would be helpful.   billyd

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Jul 13th, 2008 04:44 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Billy,

I have the Ovilus, and have been unsuccessful in receiving anything coherent or indicative of spirit communication out of it.

If I had the choice, I'd sell mine. Otherwise, I'll keep it for nostalgia - and as a collector's item.

Keith

You have chosen to ignore Ashtonford. click Here to view this post

Posted: Feb 7th, 2009 05:46 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
joecioppi

Hi Friends,

I built the "Talker" board and found it needed a strong adjustable noise source to get the best results. The Talker has the same SpeakJet chip as used in Ovilus and Puck. I built it into my Joe's Box and used the amp and speaker when switched over to the synthesizer chip. My box has an extra pot and external jack to feed the output of a vhf am radio signal from a sony portable to the Talker board.

When the noise from offstation is adjusted the Talker talks a blue streak. The Talker board doesn't have words preprogrammed into it.

joecioppi

Posted: Feb 8th, 2009 02:36 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
ourobouros2k2

I too have the puck, and while ecm mode spits out more gibberish than anything correlative, I love the datalogging aspect of it. That and emf triggered alarms and camera/audio triggers. Also, I saw on Bill's website where he might be closing up shop at the end of this year, so any products currently out there will only increase in value as they become scarce to come by.

Joe that is an interesting idea integrating the talker kit with the box. I have been meaning to pick up a couple of the talker kits for awhile now, and I guess that I had better get on it.

thanks
ANDY

Posted: Feb 9th, 2009 03:58 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
sparks

Hi Joe,

How did you interface the vhf radio into the Talker board? Via the speakjet chip serial port, or into the PIC "antenna" input?

regards,

JEFF

Posted: Feb 10th, 2009 01:22 AM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
joecioppi

sparks wrote: Hi Joe,

How did you interface the vhf radio into the Talker board? Via the speakjet chip serial port, or into the PIC "antenna" input?

regards,

JEFF

Sparks,

The pc board antenna is connected to a 0-5v range A/D pic input. I used a 5k pot to reduce an external earphone output from the the old sony SW radio.

Joe

Posted: Feb 10th, 2009 05:52 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
sparks

Thanks Joe. Ive got one to finish off here, so I probably should think about external noise input rather than it trying to latch onto stray EMFs and do something.

Do you get continuous phoneme outputs via your method, or does it have rests of silence in between bursts?

JEFF

Posted: Feb 10th, 2009 05:56 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
joecioppi

continuous

Posted: Mar 20th, 2010 06:55 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
cressonaparanormal

So where can I buy one?

Posted: Mar 20th, 2010 07:00 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Vicki Talbott

Digital Dowsing now has a hand held combo Ovilus/Puck that sells for $149 I believe. Vicki

Posted: Mar 21st, 2010 06:39 AM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Fox_Malder

I have this program, but it does not work as EVP, that is a joke program.

Posted: Mar 21st, 2010 09:02 AM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Vicki Talbott

I know it doesn't work for me either, but some people love it. They take the one word responses as genuine relevant communication coming directly after their requests or questions. Oh well, each to his own. Vicki

Posted: Mar 22nd, 2010 10:16 AM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Fox_Malder

You are right my friend

Posted: Mar 27th, 2010 01:50 PM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
joecioppi

I've been thinking about the ovilus and if I had one, I would try to use it near a continuous direct current electrical arc. Also,m an AM  radio speaker playng static noise would also have a random emf field for the ovilus to pick up.

The device needs a strong noise emf field in which to operate.

Joe

Posted: May 1st, 2010 10:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Fox_Malder

IOvilus download free http://www.tmlink.ru/iOvilus-v1.46-Jayman.rar

You have chosen to ignore whisper. click Here to view this post

Posted: Aug 2nd, 2010 02:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

whisper wrote: Fox_Malder wrote: IOvilus download free http://www.tmlink.ru/iOvilus-v1.46-Jayman.rar

What is this file for Fox?

Hello All,

This appears to be the iOvilus which is an I-Phone & I-Pod Touch application.

For more info:

http://www.digitaldowsing.com/iOvilus

L8tr,
Ron

Posted: May 31st, 2011 12:31 PM
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
SPR-David

Do anyone have the first ovilus for sale. Please contact me at [email protected]

Posted: Jun 13th, 2011 05:18 PM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Sparkz

iOvilus and it's ilk are rather ill suited for "EVP" work, as I *think* the technology relies very heavily on real-time mathematical transformation of collected sensory data. Think of it this way, you're lucky to hear anything a tall. It takes considerable effort, concentration and energies on the behalf of the ones that decide to speak to us to do so. Now, with a finite measure of power/energy in hand, we're asking them to fluctuate the space around us in a sustainable manner to get a "word lock" out of these devices.

We're lucky to get one word out of them. ;>

Some of them seem to have inexhaustible reserves and can belt out "pertinent" sociable one worded comments for minutes on end. Had one tell me last night that the rains were to come to my locate today, and it has come. "Storm" -> "Today" 10 seconds apart from one another on an Android "Ghost RADAR" app. Along with some rather pointed one word commentary on what was on my television at the time, "Bill" seemed to like Married W/Children giving pertinent one word responses to plot points in the episode.

Does it work? Is it wash? My jury is still out on these devices. However it seems that they "hit" on words or do not speak at all, depending on my moods. If I am receptive and willing to "work with the device" I get responses that have some sort of personal significance. If I get mind to put it down, leave it alone, it quits doing much of anything.

And when the app "zeroes" its' background noise count off the sensory array in the phone for 10 minutes of warm up - absolute rubbish and random nonsense spouts forth from it. :blink:

Last edited on Jun 13th, 2011 05:20 PM by Sparkz

Posted: Dec 13th, 2011 10:38 AM
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
british1980

Does anyone know how I can build aTalker board/box?, instructions or diagram of what it looks like?. I can't buy from digital dowsing, because I'm from the UK.

Any help would be appreciated.

I have managed to build an em pump and I'm building a geophone, but to build a talker box would be a great edition to my paranormal research.

Regards

Matt:biggrin:

Last edited on Dec 13th, 2011 10:38 AM by british1980

Posted: Dec 13th, 2011 04:43 PM
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
joecioppi

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9799

These guys have a board to use with an arduino controller board that will generate speech with a speakjet chip

Joe

Posted: Dec 14th, 2011 12:27 PM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
sparks

The Talker Box has 3 chips:
A 12F683 PIC, the Speakjet, and a LM386 Audio amp.
An antenna is connected to one of the A/D inputs of the PIC. The PIC firmware takes readings of the incident emf voltage on that input port and converts it to a number. There is scaling and offsetting of that number value (and probably shuffling) to align that value to be within the control value range of the allophone set in the Speakjet chip. The PIC then sends these allophone control commands to the Speakjet via 9600 baud serial link.
As Joe has mentioned previously, you can just send white noise to the data input of the speakjet chip and it will also talk.
JEFF

P.S If you know someone in the USA, they could buy you a Talker from Digital Dowsing, and post it on to you?

Last edited on Dec 14th, 2011 12:29 PM by sparks

Posted: Dec 14th, 2011 12:55 PM
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
joecioppi

sparks wrote:
The Talker Box has 3 chips:
A 12F683 PIC, the Speakjet, and a LM386 Audio amp.
An antenna is connected to one of the A/D inputs of the PIC. The PIC firmware takes readings of the incident emf voltage on that input port and converts it to a number. There is scaling and offsetting of that number value (and probably shuffling) to align that value to be within the control value range of the allophone set in the Speakjet chip. The PIC then sends these allophone control commands to the Speakjet via 9600 baud serial link.
As Joe has mentioned previously, you can just send white noise to the data input of the speakjet chip and it will also talk.
JEFF

Friends,

Digital Dowsing is no longer selling talker board parts or kits. That is the reason I suggested the arduino solution.

Joe

Last edited on Dec 14th, 2011 12:57 PM by joecioppi

Posted: Dec 14th, 2011 12:59 PM
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
sparks

Thanks for the update on my post, Joe.
I wasnt aware Digital Dowsing were not selling the Talker anymore.
JEFF

Posted: Dec 14th, 2011 01:25 PM
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
joecioppi

sparks wrote:
Thanks for the update on my post, Joe.
I wasnt aware Digital Dowsing were not selling the Talker anymore.
JEFF

Hi Jeff,

I think Bill Chappell may realize the heart of his devices is the ability to convert random electrical noise into random data for the speakjet. Since the Talker board does that...later versions haven't improved the ability to capture intelligence faster and are still limited to interference from coherent sources like powerlines and radio transmissions.

Joe

As you noted the slow processing of the data limits the throughput of intelligence to the synth chip.

Posted: Dec 14th, 2011 10:45 PM
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
british1980

Thanks Joe, Ill try that and I'll let you know how I get on.

Matt

Current time is 11:08 AM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Frequency Sweep | Radio Sweep Tuning > the ovilus 1 Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1763 seconds (20% database + 80% PHP). 36 queries executed.