ITC Bridge Home 

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Keith Clark, joecioppi, EVPfan, EVPDave, Bruce, ArizonaEvp  
AuthorPost
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hello,

I would like to describe my experience with the “Puck” from Bill Chappell at DigitalDowsing.com, and share it with you. Some of you have heard of it, some have purchased it. I found it interesting, and decided to purchase it also.  This review will give you a better idea of what it does.

Any comments in this review are simply for the intention of determining if this device is viable to be used as an ITC experimental device, not a reflection of opinion on Bill Chappell. I think Bill Chappell has great ideas, and that he is revolutionary in his thinking and application. He is obviously gifted in the way of software and electronics. The puck is well-constructed, and so is the software and manual.

First, I must note that Bill himself has noted in the manual and on the website that it is not genuinely labeled as intended use for serious communication with spirit, and that he feels that his proprietary term “Environmental Communications Mode” is “more accurate and correct than the term ITC.”

I received it a week ago, and here’s the real scoop on it:

1.       The Puck has 9 sensors. A and B Voltage, EMF (electro magnetic levels) 1 and 2, and EMF (natural magnetic fields) 1 -4, and a temperature sensor.
A.  The puck only uses the sensors for that group as you select them. It DOES NOT combine all of the sensors to output the text or speech, only the 2 or 4 for that group – voltage, frequency, or ECM. You choose one or the other.

2.       The puck claims to use 2000 of the most common words in the English language.
A.  While some of the words may be included in the most common words used in the English language, most are not. I’m not sure where this list came from, but I know that the following words are not commonly used in everyday conversation by most people: mammoth, sallies, shuttle, beckon, elias, harmonic, vern, restoreth, nona, density, quill, palatine, abyss, hobble, gauze, leather, desolate, wench, Venus, console, traverse, meline, dwindle, specter, chloride, Nana, banshee, ts, decompose, molecules, periodical, ameline, gong. These are some of the words used in the 2,000 word list. 

3.       Bill says that “it’s a 1 to 1 correlation with the energy levels”
A. There are boxes underneath the dictionary listing that are labeled “shuffle” and “restore”. I still have to ask Bill about this, but it becomes clear that even though a specific value (which is the addition of 2-4 sensor variables, whichever is applicable) corresponds to a certain numbered word in the list, but that numbered word list changes (if the list is shuffled). This means that if it were to be used for communication with spirit, they (spirit) would have to influence not only the sensor readings in the puck, but also know which word would correspond to that reading for that particular shuffle. That’s quite a tall order! The list can also be restored to its original state by clicking on the "restore" button.

4.       By design, the puck is USB and operates while plugged into a computer.
A. Computers produce tons of electromagnetic interference. So, this means that the readings being used for communication are constantly in danger of being influenced by the host device that it is plugged into. The puck is “tethered” to an electromagnetic-producing device.
B. USB runs on 5 volts from the motherboard, varying from 0 to 400mV on the signal transmit, and presumably no more than +/- 5% on the voltage levels. If using the puck in voltage mode, (or frequency mode also), can it remain unaffected by the USB voltage?

5.       I haven’t yet succeeded in observing the puck software displaying a reading that isn’t always jumping around – regardless of which mode it is in. And here’s another question: If the software always displays readings of all sensors even though only the selected sensor group is presumably active by definition, why are the others changing?  Most likely the sensors are all part of the same circuit, all being affected by each other – with the only difference being which readings from which sensors are used by the software program to output text and speech. This is an educated guess on my part.

6.       There are over 2,000 words which correspond to pre-set energy readings, but only a small portion of this could feasibly be influenced by spirit, in my opinion. An average fluctuation in any sensor mode would still only comprise a very small area of this 2,000 word graph. It would be extreme to expect spirit to be able to span the entire breadth of this chart, I feel that the opposite ends are too far from each other. In addition, we are not given the charts to know exactly what range the span covers.

Conclusion:

In my opinion, the puck is not well-suited to serious or long-term experiments with ITC at this time. There are too many rapidly and randomly-changing variables and external influences to be able to pinpoint and validate any influence by spirit communicators. In order to use an electronic device in which energy readings correspond to words of a dictionary, those variables should be fixed – and validation of influence on a small number of words would be preferential to starting out with a 2,000 word vocabulary. If they are not fixed, then we are removing the ability of spirit to develop a means to interact with those variables, and if that is removed then we are expecting far greater from them – control of variables both in the puck and in the computer software simultaneously, assuming the dictionary list is never shuffled. Most work with ITC is measured on a subtle energy level, and is not in the same category as what would be expected of the Puck.

I have not yet been able to determine, observe, or pinpoint any influence by spirit in an understandable manner on the puck in my possession, but I will continue to work with it.

Instead of just explaining why I feel that the puck is not a good candidate for ITC work in its current state, I would also like to provide positive comments on the creator and the theory behind the puck. I think it’s an excellent idea, and still could be applied in a way that could work. Some of my suggestions are to create a fixed, non-changing dictionary – with the most common words used to form a sentence starting out at the center of the graphical range and extending outwards in both directions to highler and lower extremes. I will also be trying the Ovilus out next month, and feel that from the description given, it overcomes several of these issues.  For one, it is not connected via USB and is not required to be attached to a computer. In addition, the dictionary is smaller.

As far as personal application to my specific ITC work, I can conceive how the speakjet theory behind the puck could be easily used in spectrogram work. Spirit has already shown that they can influence audio frequencies to form images. If a technology like the puck was made with a 1 to 1 correlation to a word in a fixed dictionary, then an audio frequency could correspond to a letter or word. If they can send a picture through sound on a radio, we can assume that the task of sending a tone of specific frequency through radio would be even easier. For example, 1000hz = A, 1020HZ = B,  and so on and so forth. I strongly feel that if Speakjet theory was applied to a medium in which we already know spirit can control and influence on a somewhat consistent basis, we can easily create electronic devices which can be successful in communicating with spirit for ITC.

I am not educated in electronics, and only have a basic hands-on experience in the things I discuss in this review. I applaud those who are gifted in electronics and many other areas, and am always inspired when I see new application of old ideas for the purpose of furthering ITC. *****Edited by Keith on 6/7/08******

Keith Clark

Resources:

http://digitaldowsing.com/

http://digitaldowsing.com/DD_Images/Store_Media/Paranormal_Puck.pdf

http://digitaldowsing.com/DD_Images/The%20Ovilus%20I%20%20Handheld%20Paranormal%20Device.pdf

********************************************************************************
The following is a copy of correspondence with Bill Chappell via email in reference to the functions of the Paranormal Puck and how words and phonemes are output:

“Here's how it works It's based on the mode your in Voltage Frequency or EMF.

If you select voltage , voltage will be the value used, the same for frequency or EMF.  look at the ECM menu you'll see where you can switch the mode.

The Puck uses an A to D "Analog to Digital converter. and reads each value as a count. in the case of voltage both channels are added together to give you a total possible of  0 to 2048. the count is sent to the PC and matched to the same corresponding word in the dictionary. So lets say the voltage count was 500 or roughly 1 vdc the pc would print and speak the 500th word in the dictionary list. it's a 1 to 1 correlation with the energy levels.

Now there are two other factors to make sure the system doesn't just keep repeating the same words over and over. 1st there's a floating average, with every new value the average is recalculated. next there's a threshold value. Here's how it all ties together.  A new count is received if its greater than the average plus threshold or less than the average minus threshold the word is used. this acts like a squelch on a short wave radio.

There's only one mode in the puck that uses random numbers and that is the "random time slice mode" all other modes use the environment.  The Time slice modes are not logged because there's now way to validate the fragment that is being spoken.  So when ever you see gibberish on the screen. and you see allot of it! The words are not random they are a product of the environment.  But, this method also gives you data logs and screen shots to back up the hit's that are meaning full.”

Last edited on Jun 7th, 2008 09:25 AM by Keith Clark

Slider2732

Thanks for the comprehensive analysis Keith. I'm new to these products and found the information...informative :)

It seems to me, that we should look at how we ourselves would communicate with others when we pass. Being as the popular thought is that we are still somewhat chained to time on first leaving our earth bodies, something directly affected by presence is what would seem 'natural'. EMF fluctuations seem to be evident when a spirit is around, varying and increasing/decreasing with proximity.
Taking those widely believed factors into consideration, any unit ought to respond in a linear fashion.
It can be argued that there is no time on the other side and that linearity is lost with active hauntings, only being evident with residual hauntings. But, the period of transition, where time is deemphasised as a governing factor, has been noted with apparent contact with several entities...Dr Mueller in the Spiricom work for example could only assist for a length of time.

To have an energy level give an A to Z word expression would seem the most obvious. Nearer and the word goes higher, further away and a lower word is produced...much like any musical instrument scale. The system would work somewhat like a Ouija board I suspect, building from words to sentences.
If each word was taken as a sample reading at 5 seconds duration between them, a spirit could train up on placement of their energy and affect the device through proximity reliably. Perhaps a rapidly changing value during the sample wait time could act as an erase. That method would allow for coherant sentence structures and a method of delete.

The electronics of such a device could be fairly old school and therefore cost/build effective. Could be built from a standard Dr Gauss type EMF meter, CD4040 (or two) for the addressing, PIC microcontroller for sample interval/EPROM splitting/addresses, EPROM for the words and then out to a speaker through a digital to analog resistor array and amplifier chip. Just so happens that one of my recent projects has been an EPROM sample player from similar such components. Playback is variable from a few Hz to 44.1 kHz, though 8-bit. Such a thing lends itself readily to speech data and improvements. I haven't the size of EPROM's or knowledge on slicing for words yet, but feel a few people here could work on such a project too.
It's always great if a manufacturer listens to suggestions and alters equipment, but having our own R+D for this would be quite the exciting challenge.
Just as food for thought, here's the simple circuit I based my player on (swap the 4046 pulse chip for the EMF meter output that we hear as varying tone audio and there's an approximation of my idea)
http://web.telia.com/~u85920178/eprom/wave_00.htm
:smile:

Last edited on Jun 2nd, 2008 10:25 PM by Slider2732

Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Mark,

You have some interesting ideas, I particularly liked the proximity ideas. I believe the Ovilus already has this functionality, represented as the dowsing mode. If I'm not mistaken, it can show spirit influence on either right or left sensor.

I will admit, the electronic explanation was a little over my head - though I have a very basic understanding of binary and hexadecimal, well just enough to know that I won't understand anymore than that!

I did browse the article you posted though, and did find it interesting. I always wondered how a sound file on a computer could be visually represented as binary or hexadecimal - I wondered what it would look like.

I think that when it comes to digital and electronic experimentation, there could potentially be thousands of experimental ideas - but few people with the know-how to try them. Hopefully, there will be more as time goes by.

Keith

mvoisine

Like I said Mark and Keith I am a simple man and am trying to understand all of this so PLEASE believe in me I want to be with you in this. My heart tells me we are on the the right track.

Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Mark,

If we work together and learn from each other, then we are always on the right track. We have as much to learn from you as you do from us. :wink:

Keith

joecioppi

Keith,

It may help to understand that the Puck is a digital measuring device with sensors on selected channels. The sensors respond to voltage charge fields, heat radiation hitting the temperature sensor, and magnetic fields surrounding the device. Those fields vary in magnitude, frequency, and direction. The sensors attempt to bring signal levels up to the 0-5volt input window of the A/D converter. The A/D converter brings the signal levels into the digital binary number realm.

The binary numbers are then processed by the computer according to the programmers instructions. In the Puck the numbers can be converted to text data displayed on the computer screen or synthesized voice sounds. Data can be displayed on charts to give indication of trends. Word lists can be compared to the data to select complete words to be expressed by the voice synthesizer.

The factor in all this that relates to spirit communications is the content of intelligence in the input signals. It has been suggested strongly by experience that knowledge and awareness is contained in something picked up on electronic devices called random noise. The "random" nature of noise is the thing that fools us into thinking that spirits must be reaching us by an unknown force. Isolation of the random nature and using it to select vocal sounds or text data can reveal the intelligent mind behind the "natural"... "random"... " noise."  Instrument noise can be thought of as a  wide band analog signal channel with nearly infinite intelligence content. This is supported by the content of voice messages in the same signal with spectrum images.

Each sensor channel of the Puck has a stream of intelligence that can be processed to reveal various aspects of the total content. A simple temperature chart can reveal the passing of a "cold spot". The properly selected "noise" in a magnetic field might activate a voice synthesizer to converse with the user. The trick is to read the DNA of that noise source.

Joe Cioppi

Slider2732

Your explanation helped me a lot too :)
I can see how the combination effects, presumably individually selectable and switchable, could be used for trend plotting purposes. That feature is something of huge worth and missing from practically all one-shot investigations out in the field.
Whether the Puck itself works or doesn't, such a feature is of major worth for future devices.

One thought along the random noise source road, is that some detected sources of noise are not actually random. Some may be based on the apparent fact that there is no need for linear time on the other side. Such a lack of linearity, a stepping sequence or within wave shaping, would lead the human observer to believe the source was random. It could, in fact, be wholly intelligible and of normal hearing range etc, but we perceive it as random.
Chopped up and mixed together on entering our mental space, but delivering measurable results, the devices such as the Puck might be termed code-breakers.
This, I think tallies with your observations Joe, hope so, it's a different way of thinking about what is actually being detected :)

There's a huge difference between residual imprint spirits and active interactive spirits. Most of our interests are with the latter of course. I believe the conditions required for spirit energy release and then living human detection to be widely different for both phenomena. But, there will be correlations and a base to work upward from.
Residual impressions seem to be much more easily detected, being of the video playback type and it can be imagined that the Puck or similar devices might record similar data over and over at such locations....graphing and decoding.

Last edited on Jan 13th, 2009 10:39 AM by Slider2732

chadforeman

Interesting to note the most recent response to this topic is more than 2 years and 5 months old.

Recently Bill Chappell has developed the PX. This is a combination of the Ovilus and the Puck (from what I've read on his web site)

I am new here and found this site because I just purchased a PX. I'm looking to see if there are any reviews on it (mine is only a few weeks old) and I believe the PX was new in March of 2010

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1465 seconds (30% database + 70% PHP). 27 queries executed.