ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Easy radio mods / do it yourself  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: May 3rd, 2008 07:10 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi,

Today I decided to pick up several radio shack radios and see how hard it was to mod them with the intention of experimenting with the sweep method.

Thanks to UFOGeek & several other unknown contributors out there on the web, I found it extremely easy. Basically, the connection labeled "mute" on the circuit board was eliminated, enabling continuous scan on these radios.

From conception to completion, I was done in under an hour with both radios. I was pretty happy about that, and am grateful to the people who contributed their time to share their knowledge and experience with others.

The radio models were:

Radioshack 12-469 and Radioshack 12-470 (older version with grey and white case)

I can tell you that the 12-470 scans much faster than the 12-469, making it less likely to record a "false positive." It also covers several other bands (which you probably won't use anyway, but I would recommend it between the two.)

As far as my opinion on the sweep method - It's very simple. I try everything I can to learn as much as I can about it. If I record results I am happy with, I will post them.

Keith

Related Links for this post:

http://www.ufogeek.com/?p=103
http://www.ufogeek.com/12-470mod.wmv
http://www.ufogeek.com/12-469mod.wmv

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: May 13th, 2008 09:47 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

After a review and some use of the radios, I could say that I recommend the 12-470 by far and way above the 12-469. The internal antenna on the 469 is horrible, I get very poor reception, it sweeps slower, and it doesn't even have a speaker.

Just a heads up for those of you considering buying one.

Keith

You have chosen to ignore ParanormalAnalysisLab. click Here to view this post

Posted: Jul 10th, 2008 11:56 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Old-Frank

The Arm Band radio is modified the same way, and I think the audio is better. I use it with external sweep though.  I cut the trace come form the VT pin on the radio board, then insert an external tuning voltage. You could even just take a 100K volume control and a 9 volt battery to make a manual tune control.

The Arm band radio has the advantage of not needing the extra relays to turn it on remotely with the rest of the system.

Old-Frank

Posted: Aug 6th, 2008 02:38 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
jml

I have seen instructions on how to hack the Radio Shack 20-125, but does anyone know how to hack the 12-820?  I have heard it can be done, but can't find anywhere that says how.

You have chosen to ignore ckmscott. click Here to view this post

Posted: Nov 6th, 2008 12:38 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
JWM1009

Does anyone still sell the 12-470? My local stores all tell me that it is obsolete. I purchased the current 12-469 and performed the hack however as Keith mentioned above here, the antenna is horrible. I've tried it in different locations but cannot pick up enough signal for it to work.

Jim

Current time is 10:06 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Frequency Sweep | Radio Sweep Tuning > Easy radio mods / do it yourself Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1437 seconds (34% database + 66% PHP). 24 queries executed.