ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
More modifications of the RS 12-469  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Apr 21st, 2008 09:33 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Old-Frank

Hi All;

I've been posting information in the regular EVP forum about building boxes, the latest being instead of using the Radio Shack 12-469 in "hack" mode as many are doing, I use my linear sweep circuit to sweep the tuning, and use the radio as tuner module in a "box".

Previously I used a timer chip to provide a remote turn on for the radio, so it's power button doesn't have to be pushed to turn it on.  There was still a couple minor problems I wanted to address. One is a battery voltage monitor, which is very important if I use Gell Cells. The other is knowing what band the radio is on. When first turned on, it's on FM. There is a pin on the header that changes voltage, goes to about 2 volts, when the radio is in AM, so I used that to trigger a transistor, and turn on an LED.  The voltage monitor is also just simple transistor switch that turns on a red LED when the batteries drop to about 10-1/2 volts. It's not good to discharges the 12 volt gel cells below 10 volts, they can be permanently damaged.

In the video, when the red LED is on, the radio is in AM.

I'll get schematics up later on.

Old-Frank

Attachment: 042108-36-WithAM-Indicator.3g2 (Downloaded 1018 times)

Last edited on Apr 21st, 2008 09:36 AM by Old-Frank

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Apr 21st, 2008 12:28 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Old-Frank

The Schematics.

Attached Image (viewed 541 times):

LowBatteryWarningForBoxes.JPG

Posted: Apr 21st, 2008 12:29 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Old-Frank

AM indicator for '469

Attached Image (viewed 546 times):

AMIndictor.JPG

Posted: Apr 21st, 2008 12:30 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Old-Frank

Last edited on Apr 21st, 2008 12:35 PM by Old-Frank

Posted: Apr 21st, 2008 12:32 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Old-Frank

The original power monitor schematic I found on the web.  Most of these circuits I don't design, I get on the web and find what I what, and change it as needed.  The AM indicator was simple enough to come with on my own though.

Old-Frank

Attached Image (viewed 526 times):

on_low.gif

Posted: Apr 26th, 2008 08:10 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Frank,

Boy, the forum sure seems quiet presently..............thank you for kicking off the thread, it will pick up in time.  Anyway, I prefer a slow-growing plant to an uncontrolled explosion. :)

Keith

Posted: May 4th, 2008 09:44 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Old-Frank

Thanks! I get too busy building this stuff, and no time to talk about it or use it.

This video starts off, "works for me!"  I added an external speaker jack so an external speaker.amplifier could be used fo the monitor speaker.  The bos is the second one using the 12-469 as the tuner. I sweep it with the linear sweep circuit instead of dong the hack on it.

Old-Frank

Attachment: 050408-37WithExtSpeaker.3g2 (Downloaded 1026 times)

Posted: May 4th, 2008 10:26 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Frank,

Perhaps you could provide a one or two-line explanation for the difference between the mod sweep and a "linear sweep." What's that mean?

Thanks,

Keith

Posted: May 5th, 2008 07:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Old-Frank

I don't remember where I would have used "mod sweep", if I did it was a typo.  Might be applying linear sweep to the 12-469, as opposed to using the radio's internal tuning voltage?

Old-Frank

Posted: May 5th, 2008 07:32 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

You're right, that was my slang. I was just wondering what a linear sweep meant.

Keith

Posted: May 6th, 2008 08:11 AM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Old-Frank

Linear just means like straight up, at a sl;ant, as opposed to using random, which jumps all over. The linear tuning voltage is a a ramp that goes up to about 8 volts, then back down.

Old-Frank

Posted: May 6th, 2008 10:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
fratka

Sumption, do you still use the RVG in your design (as an option) or is it something you have thrown to the side for the linear sweep?

Ratka

Posted: May 6th, 2008 02:47 PM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Old-Frank

I made #34 with both random and linear, but most of the new boxes are linear only. For one thing the RVG is finicky at best, it doesn't always run, and the white noise interferes with the radio.

The spirits seem to be able to track the linear sweep easier, so the voices and messages tend to longer, more coherent, and clearer.

Old-Frank

Posted: May 7th, 2008 06:06 AM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
fratka

Are you still using a ferrite core, bar antenna? I posted a message for you on the group but with all the crap being spewed over there I figured you missed it. I was wondering if you had tried the Ramsey, SM-100 Signal Magnet antenna. It is designed to pull signals out of the noise and boy does it. I bought one for my SW and it is impressive. It would be interesting to see what it could add to your boxes.

Frank R.

Posted: May 7th, 2008 12:16 PM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Old-Frank

I'm not going anywhere near the other group. It's wierd, some seem to get a few EVP voices, and all the sudden it's like they are above even God.  I don't understand, and I'm not going to try to compete. I'm not making boxes for anyone for that reason.  Everyone that's claimed to be my best friend, that I sent a box, bit me in the ***Foul_language_is_not_allowed_on_this_website!!!.

I use a wire antenna, and Rf amplifier stage in most boxes. The ones using the 12-469 have a built in ferrite rod antenna, and I leave that intact, but there is a point on the main board where you can add a wire to get better reception. Sounds like the Ramsey antenna might work very well for the '469. The 469 produces excellent audio, as well as having both AM and FM.

Old-Frank

Posted: May 7th, 2008 12:44 PM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
fratka

I have 4 of the 469's, one has Sum Ducs robot candy in it. I will hook it up and see what happens.

I know what you mean on the other group. Misty and I had been trying to figure that out for a while now. When you finally hammered Bruce you used the exact words and subject that we had been discussing. That's why I gave you the bravo!

Honestly, I don't think your boxes are meant for beginners. They may be easy to use but the "connection" is not easy to handle. I think they should learn the basics of other "manual" methods before they go for yours or any other box. All experimenters  I have seen so far have not taken a very mature approach to any of the boxes and because of the ease of use don't weigh the consequences to frivalous use.

Anyways, don't get your spirits down and don't blame your boxes. The people involved are the issue.

Anyway, enough about that.... I am recording tonight with Misty, Keith and Laura. I will be using my 3/469 mixer configuration to see what I can get. You are welcome to join on yahoo messenger if you would like.

Regards,

Frank R.

Posted: May 7th, 2008 07:55 PM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Lol,

Frank (Sumption), I see my alternate for cuss words filled in your sentence quite nicely. lol.  That was computer generated. Kinda funny.

Keith

Posted: May 8th, 2008 11:31 AM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
fratka

he he,

I thought he was just being funny!

FR

You have chosen to ignore ParanormalAnalysisLab. click Here to view this post

Posted: Dec 23rd, 2008 02:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
f1cracker

Frank its nice to see that you are still trying to perfect these devices.

You are the kind man that got me started in EVP by helping me set up my 12-469 radio.

I now use it to help missing person groups.

Below are my two videos, and while the video quality is not the best, its the content that has meaning.

I am currently trying to get law enforcement and even the military interested in using these devices.

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=WhGKXBp6Lg0

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=DDT8izIV_Ng

Mike Edwards

Current time is 04:21 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Frequency Sweep | Radio Sweep Tuning > More modifications of the RS 12-469 Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1678 seconds (25% database + 75% PHP). 29 queries executed.