ITC Bridge Home 
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Frequency Sweep | Radio Sweep Tuning > Introductory post about Frequency Sweep | Radio Sweep Tuning

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp  
AuthorPost
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hello,

Intro

There is a considerable number of people currently interested and actively experimenting with a method of evp collection most commonly referred to as "sweep tuning."

It involves manual or automatic adjustment of the radio tuning receiver at a fast rate. The intention is to tune fast enough to not record false positives (fragments of recognizable speech from the radio broadcasts - not spirit communication), and to tune at a rate in which spirit communicators are able to use the sound fragments to form evp sounds.

Some people say that they are able to hear evp sentences which span over a tuning of many radio stations at a fast rate of speed. They also say that the audio recorded is often a direct response to the questions they ask or refer to the material which they are discussing or asking about.

History

During the course of evp experimentation over the years, there have been literally thousands of different experiments by many researchers in attempts to improve their evp communication. EVP is sound, and sound (for the most part) is governed by natural law. Spirit communication makes an impression on that sound wave, in some cases seemingly creating the sound wave itself - without an apparent "background source" to assist in the formation. The number of ways in which new ideas can be thought of and applied by experimenters to potentially improve evp is as limitless as the mind itself.

There are many factors which determine whether an evp can be understood or not, such as the environmental sounds in the background, the location of the recording, and even the level of vibration and ability of both the spirit communicator and the experimenter. Overall, we try to work with what we have - and find ways to improve what we receive.

There are two possible extremes when working with audio. The first extreme is the natural tendency to try too hard to hear, allowing the mind to have an effect and using extreme editing techniques to compensate for the difficulty. The second extreme is to shy away from almost all experimentation if it is not approved by others, to stifle your gut feeling and experimental ideas because they may not be developed enough for public acceptance as evidential proof. A good experimenter always shoots for somewhere in the middle, feeling their way as their intuition and personal experience guides them.

EVP has been around (acknowledged) since at least the 1950's, and people have been experimenting ever since. According to Ernst Senkowski,  an experimenter named Wolfgang Dreiss manually tuned his radio receiver and was successful in recording paranormal voices as early as 1977.  (AAEVP NewsJournal, (Another Radio Sweep Note), Spring 2008)

There have been many other variations since at least 1977, and the methods of using a radio (or audio frequencies) in experiments which "swept" or "tuned" these frequencies has been known by several different names. Several of these are "frequency sweep", "radio sweep", and "sweep tuning."

As far as I can tell, the latest term of "sweep tuning" became more popular and began to stick in late 2006/early 2007. One of the experimenters who was working in this area is Frank (Sumption), sometimes known by his internet handle of "Old Frank." He is fast becoming well known for his electronic creations and variations of automatic sweep tuning devices.

Frank is a member of this forum, and he can introduce himself far better than I can.

Controversial

Sweep tuning is considered controversial. It is considered controversial by people for several reasons:

1.  If a person allows the sweep rate to extend long enough to allow word fragments to be heard, "false positives" can easily be obtained. For those working to prove life after death through consistent evidence, this is considered harmful. This could be a high risk factor because the majority of the people working with it are tuning manually, and don't have the benefit of electronic automatic tuning.

2.  Some people appear to be selling these modified radios, sometimes charging what some believe to be large & unfair amounts of money.

3. I have heard claims that some people have said that only certain people would be able to use these boxes, which in turn caused quite a bit of controversy in itself. 

Response

Here is the position of ITC Bridge

A. Creativity - Creativity is one of the driving forces of invention and progress. There will always be people that disagree about ideas - and some of them will be controversial. Time will tell what the outcome will be, and the side effects of progress are not always good. What is important to ITC Bridge is that the spirit of creation and purpose is revered, that everyone is given fair chance to express themselves and use their natural gifts to communicate with spirit.

B. Claims of ExclusivityEquipment -  Everyone in the ITC community knows that there is no such thing as either a claim of exclusivity - an indication that only "special" people can communicate with spirit, or a claim that special equipment can guarantee their success.  Any claims like this will be firmly opposed by the ITC community, for it goes against everything we stand for.  
   Let me explain. Yes, it is possible for a person to use their creativity to create devices that may help make spirit communication possible. A device may be created that is able to circumvent natural law, or at least work around some of the laws that may appear to govern physics. But the device is only a device without a person. A device will always only be a part of the whole equation, with the spirit team and the experimenter comprising another large portion of it.
   Yes, some people may be more gifted in one area than another, and some may think they are not gifted at all. We don't always see what a person is gifted in, only the expression of their gift. Spirit tells us that there is no monopoly on communication with the other side.

C. Profit - If someone performs work, they are entitled to profit what they earned as fair entitlement. Gouging, especially coupled with special claims - is seen as gross by everyone, not just those in the ITC community. Anyone that gouges or tries to take advantage of someone else - especially in the topic of death, dying, and life after death - well, I don't even need to continue....

ITC Bridge does not allow the solicitation of goods on the forum.

Final Note

From all of my correspondence and interaction with Frank, I hold him in high regard. He is using his gift to try new things, working with other people and experimeters. His work is supported here at ITC Bridge.

I have been in the situation where the only people who felt my work was validated was myself and my spirit team. If I had not listened to my inner voice, this forum or website wouldn't even exist. That's all we need to do - is to listen to our inner voice.

Please be respectful of others, and mindful of our creed to harmony amongst researchers. This is your forum to create and press forward - with the ability to break all boundaries as we know them, if we work together.

Thanks,

Keith Clark

Additional resource:

June 2007 Taps Paramagazine Article
http://www.visionaryliving.com/pdfs/FranksBox.pdf

f1cracker

Hello everyone!  A bit about myself, well, I started ITC research just this past January, 2008 with intent on connecting with my father who died in 1987. And while I have yet to contact him or any of my relatives, I have connected with others.  Funny just to be sure I was trully connecting, I held up items in my home office, and asked them to tell me what I was holding, and to my amazement they did. My first test was to hold up a carved sailboat I made, and when I asked them to tell me what it was, of course I was expecting an answer of Sailboat, but the response I got was "Its a carving".  The next test was to ask them if they could name the US President that my son drew in pencil in frame on my wall, and got a clear answer of "Bush". And after I completed another carving of a Dolphin, I got a variety of answers. Fish, Hippo, and two men that sounded of indian decent said Dolphin. See recording

So where do I go from here. Well after getting all these recordings on my AM channel, I confided in a friend who happens to be a medium, and asked her if she knew of anyone using these radios to help spirits contact their loved ones, and she did not but made me an offer that changed my life forever. She was working a missing person case, and asked if I was interested in helping find this lad who had been missing a year now.

She gave me his name, and the last location he was seen, and starting on February 23rd, 2008, I googled Earth the last location, opened up that view and started my recording. The missing child was 19.

On the first 15 minute pass, I got nothing, so I switch to short wave radio for another 15 minutes, and only got one message but from a spirit that at least weekly calls out my first and last name when I record. He has a british accent, and never tells me who he is when I ask.

I work from home, and saw I had about 30 minutes left before I had to start work, so I decided to go back to am radio again, and miracuously made contact with him.

We are now at the stage where permits have been secured to check a pond where he says his body is located, but just waiting for the divers. I am amazed at all the info I have recorded most of which matches with what police already know, and info that they can now use as leads.

I need some guidance.

What is the best program to clear up the faint messages, I get?

Mike

Attachment: Dolphin.mp3 (Downloaded 1590 times)

Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Mike,

It's nice to meet you, welcome to the forum.

I find "Clear Voice: by Speech Technology Center to be one of the most popular and easy to use audio editing programs. I think it runs about $50, and last time I checked the software developers were from Russia. Here's the link: http://www.speechpro.com/eng/products/noise-cancellation-sys/clear-voice/

It's pretty simple. You record, open up the wav file, pick from either 1-10 on the slider and click clean. And that's it. You may want to convert back to .mp3 format.

It would be advisable to only use settings 1-4, as they will dramatically alter the audio - as you will see.

I've taken the liberty of cleaning your posted file on a setting of "2." Please let me know if this is acceptable.

See you on the forum!

Keith

Attachment: Dolphin_CLR.mp3 (Downloaded 1630 times)

f1cracker

Thanks!! That sounds so much better!

I see Frank Sumption is a member too. He is the guy I went to to get started in this research, and he told me about the RS 12-469 as a good starter, and told me how to set it up.

Amazing guy... Reminds me of my late uncle who had a ham radio and repaired old tv's and radios in his basement up in good old Rowley, Mass.

Looking forward to reading all the content here.

Mike

You have chosen to ignore ParanormalAnalysisLab. click Here to view this post

You have chosen to ignore ParanormalAnalysisLab. click Here to view this post

f1cracker

Thanks! Steve Hultay, not sure if you know him, he sent me Audacity, and i played around with that as well as an Adobe Sound program. I have since purchased CLear Voice, but have yet to test it. Busy week.

Thanks

Mike

f1cracker

Thanks Mark!

I will try that as I inherited many of my dad's nick nacks he had in his apartment.

stevebennett5

hey kieth I made a spiritbox using a radioshack 12-469 radio can you tell me is there a toggle switch hack that I can use to make this radio scan faster ive had some good voices come through but I has a habit of scanning too slow and locking onto stations it gets too much interference its annoying you have to have a really good ear please help me if you can can you email me any suggestions that you may have concerning this radio model I got lucky and found the radio at a goodwill store for $5.00 it was cheap I really do like this radio for a spirit box there has to be a speed scan hack somewhere if you could help me id be greatful [email protected] thank you

EVPITCSDWR

Steve, contact Steve Hultay at Keyport Paranormal.com He has hacked several of these radios as well as has added toggles to radios to make them scan faster. Tell him Michael Edwards sent you. Also I have Worldwide Radio Sweep group on Face Book. http://www.facebook.com/groups/102193593178906/413422838722645/?notif_t=group_comment

BAYOU SHADOW CHASERS

Ive been trying to get Clear voice on my netbook with windows 7 with no success. I have Izotope Rx3 which has been working great but I always wanted to use Clear voice because of the positive reviews i would see everywhere.

Keith Clark
Administrator

Look into downloading the free version of windows xp mode (virtual machine), most windows 7licenses cover it.

Before that, always set the program shortcut to compatibility mode. Run as admin, etc.

Let us know.

Thanks,
Keith

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3383 seconds (35% database + 65% PHP). 30 queries executed.