ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Busy, busy, busy.  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Apr 1st, 2008 12:11 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Old-Frank

Hi All;

It's been awhile, but I've been tied up in the basement working on my Frankenjunk. The latest is a Radio Shack 12-469 super hack. I bought one of these Sunday, and when I went to do the hack, saw a "VT" pin in the header. That's tuning voltage, so I did not cut the mute pin, but made an external sweep generator, cut the VT trace, and injected the external sweep. I also added a mixer to add the stereo headphone signals together, a buffer amp, and speaker driver. The result is a quickie box with good audio, and AM/FM operation.

Old-Frank

Attached Image (viewed 1659 times):

040108-HackyBox01-annotated.JPG

Last edited on Apr 1st, 2008 02:00 PM by Old-Frank

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

You have chosen to ignore astralevp. click Here to view this post

Posted: Apr 1st, 2008 01:56 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Old-Frank

Thanks; I didn't think that uploaded.

Here's the first test audio.

Old-Frank

Attachment: 033108-AM-then-FM.mp3 (Downloaded 2030 times)

Posted: Apr 1st, 2008 02:07 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Old-Frank

For those that may not know, you can take a Radio Shack model 12-469, cut one pin on the in between board header, and the radio will sweep up the AM, or FM bands, forming a quick and cheap "Frank's Box". See ufogeek.com for a video of the instructions. Other models are hackable as well, but I don't remember the model # off the top of my head.

By doing the simple hack, the audio has a kind of annoying clicking sound as the radio scans. I was going to try to get rid of that, but found I could make better use of the radio by using it as a tuner for one of my boxes.

The sweep schematic is on my site, http://purplealiengirl.tripod.com/ 

Old-Frank

Posted: Apr 1st, 2008 02:24 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
Old-Frank

Here's another recent project. I call it RoboBox, it's based on the Speakjet chip. I use the white nose generator fromthe ranfom voltage generator , connected to a schmitt trigger to generate random numbers. The RNG goes to the Spekajet's pin 10.

At the Stanley last weekend I did a talk on my boxes, and afterward a woman came up to the table and asked "Do They Only speak for you?, right away RoboBox says "for you" followed by "loves to cook", the woman was a cook!

Use quicktime to view the video.

Old-Frank

Attachment: 032608RoboBox-2.3g2 (Downloaded 1023 times)

Last edited on Apr 1st, 2008 02:25 PM by Old-Frank

You have chosen to ignore astralevp. click Here to view this post

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2008 12:36 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
Old-Frank

I don't want to get into selling this stuff, I've seen how that tends to corrupt others. I give the boxes away from time to time, but still have many waiting for them.  What I hope to do is provide the information so other can build this stuff.  The method is just a swept radio, and there's other ways to do the same thing.

Old-Frank

Attachment: 040108-36Box.3g2 (Downloaded 1135 times)

Last edited on Apr 2nd, 2008 12:38 PM by Old-Frank

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2008 12:40 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
Old-Frank

The sweep circuit.

Attached Image (viewed 1351 times):

040208-LinearSweep.JPG

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2008 02:43 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
EVPfan

Hi Frank,

in your clip I can hear at 10 seconds:

"Talk!" (male voice)
"Talk to me! - You don't talk!" (female voice)

Obviously your spirits complain that you never talk to them during your EVP sessions! :)

Stefan

Attachment: 20080402_Frank_Talk-TalkToMe-YouDontTalk.mp3 (Downloaded 1166 times)

Posted: Apr 2nd, 2008 03:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Old-Frank

Thanks! Yeah, too busy building this stuff to run too many session!

Old-Frank

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2008 09:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi (Old) Frank,

thanks for all the info on hacking the RS radio.  Would you recommend also using white noise in the background?  Vicki

Posted: Apr 3rd, 2008 02:49 PM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Old-Frank

Hi Vicki;

I don't use white noise for EVP voices, at least not in the boxes. "They" sometimes use the noise beteen stations to form voices, but mostly they use the bits of speech and music to make higher lever, or louder voices. That's the function of the box in a pistacio shell.

In this video, it starts out with a male voice talking about doing video, and then at the end "Frank is Sister Kiera", who they insist I am. I found a spot on the board where I could add an external AM antenna wire to get more signal, if needed for locations such as the Stanley here in Colorado, that's why "Ext AM".

Old-Frank

Attachment: 040208Ext-AM.3g2 (Downloaded 1064 times)

Posted: Apr 4th, 2008 09:02 AM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Old Frank,

Thanks for the info.  Interestingly, one time when I tried the manual sweep, I could hear the voices as I swept, but when I listened to the recording, I could only hear the static white noise and EVP.  Weird.  And the EVP was strong but not from the radio voices--it was whispery, like I would normally get on the Sony ICD B26.

I like seeing the visual as I listen to the EVP.  So you're Sister Keira now?  Whatever happened to the Princess designation (wasn't it?).  I love the titles they give you!  Vicki

Posted: Apr 4th, 2008 09:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
Slider2732

As a recent collaborator to this forum, i'm also delighted to see your new projects :biggrin:
In fact, I joined here after reading about your work and building my own version of the sweeping system. Were others interested ? yep, in fact a couple of days after completion of mine, Paranormal State aired a section on TV using one of your designs and then after I joined here I found that yer good self was a member of the messageboard !

This is an inspiring study you've undertaken, regardless of the apparent ease to which modern circuit design lends itself to shaping audio. I believe the root of much scepticism is based in the fact that nowadays many signal paths and audio wittleing techniques can be achieved with inexpensive components...that it has been done and the results speak for themselves (literally), means that valuable research is being conducted.

All power to you Frank, with a few volts left over for the circuits :wink:

As a 'by the way', i've not been to the messageboard in a few days and similarly been working on an audio related project. Decided I didn't know enough about shaping square/sawtooth etc waveforms and so embarked on a project to familiarise. The musical device was to be similar in operation to a much loved quirky box from Roland in the 1980's called the TB-303. It was THE sound of Acid House and they currently go for around $1750 :blink:
The relevance to your device is the overall eye shocking similarity (to myself), as well as wave shaping functions. Projects which should have no similarity, we don't know each other, except by way of shared ITC interests and yet both have developed uncannily close circuits. I mean, check out the breadboard methods and even sizing.

Posted: Apr 4th, 2008 06:09 PM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
Old-Frank

Thanks All;

The Purple Princess also had, and still has the same name as always, Kiera, as I spell it. That's what started all this stuff, a voice in my head  back in 2001, "Kiera, it's time to come home", like a mother calling. "Sister Kiera" cuz she is one of seven sisters  here. Most of whom are more like etheric entities.

I used to spell it Quierah, trying to get key-rah sound, but it looked too much like queer, so changed the spelling.

Yep, perf board, my favorite mode, cheap, easy to work with, and if you make a mistake it can be taken out and re-done, which I have to do often!

Old-Frank

Posted: Apr 15th, 2008 05:20 PM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
Old-Frank

Here's a voice from 4/7/08, Box 34. I post it because I think it starts out "we bridge...."

Old-Frank

Attachment: WeBridge--Princess-WhyDon'tYouApprentice.mp3 (Downloaded 1326 times)

Posted: Apr 15th, 2008 05:21 PM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
Old-Frank

The voice slowed.

Old-Frank

Attachment: WeBridge--Princess-WhyDon'tYouApprentice-half-speed.mp3 (Downloaded 1306 times)

Posted: Apr 15th, 2008 05:22 PM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Old-Frank

And the voice filtered, which took out "we bridge".

Attachment: WeBridge--Princess-WhyDon'tYouApprentice-EQ-Noise-reduction.mp3 (Downloaded 1221 times)

Posted: Apr 15th, 2008 05:24 PM
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
Old-Frank

I've been working on the hacky box, and came up with a remote power cicuit for the radio, so when box power is turned on, it turns on th eRS radio automatically, without having to push the power button. Now I have one that have the remote turn on, box mode, and hack mode.

Old-Frank

Attachment: 041208PowerOn.3g2 (Downloaded 883 times)

Posted: Apr 15th, 2008 05:25 PM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
Old-Frank

The power on reset circuit, or remote turn on for the 12-469.

Old-Frank

Attached Image (viewed 2296 times):

POR-for-469.JPG

Posted: Apr 15th, 2008 05:27 PM
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
Old-Frank

And a version with the LM556, daul timer--dead bug style.

Old-Frank

Attached Image (viewed 1299 times):

041408-POR-DeadBugStyle.jpg

Posted: Apr 15th, 2008 05:29 PM
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
Old-Frank

The Princess--and yeah, she bites!

Attached Image (viewed 1156 times):

WeAreNotAmused.jpg

Posted: Apr 15th, 2008 05:43 PM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
Old-Frank

The second hack box. This is the one that works like a classic box, or can be switched to the hack mode, or use the 12-469 Radio in hack mode.  See ufogeek.com for more details on the hacks.

Someone asked where they can buy a box. I still don't sell mine, I just don't have time to make them like that.  There is the Radio Shack hack on ufogeek.com, or even EVPmaker, a copmuter program, that's free. I have one of the 12-470 radios that I hacked, and it does work, but they cahnged the design, so the newer ones aren't hackable any longer.

Old-Frank

Attached Image (viewed 1142 times):

041508-37Front.jpg

Posted: Apr 16th, 2008 09:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hey Old Frank--thanks for all the pictures, info, and captures from your work.  Nice!  Vicki

You have chosen to ignore jcghosthunters. click Here to view this post

Posted: Jun 1st, 2008 09:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Old-Frank

Yes, I have a RoboBox schematic, but it's at work on that PC, and my boss hates it when I do that! There is a guy in deadscience that makes, and gives away the RoboBoxes as he can.  I think that's his web site.

But wait, there's more! From a 1987 Honda radio, the FM is tow pices, then on AM module. This board will be married to a sweep amplifier board later on.  I still prefer the analog radio, as the voices seem more human, and more dynamic.

Old-Frank

Attachment: 060108-No40-AM.3g2 (Downloaded 836 times)

You have chosen to ignore jcghosthunters. click Here to view this post

Posted: Jul 13th, 2008 03:18 PM
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
sparks

Hi Frank,
Would you or anyone have the schematic for Robobox available? I know it been a while since your last comments on this.
Ive tried to email deadscience, but have had no reply. Also looked at the speakjet chip datasheet, but it looks a bit scary to start out developing something from scratch.
Any help appreciated.
regards,
JEFF

Current time is 10:17 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > Busy, busy, busy. Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.2066 seconds (29% database + 71% PHP). 31 queries executed.