ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: lance, Keith Clark, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Built proximity sensor  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mar 12th, 2008 05:32 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
Slider2732

An oddball circuit, but possibly of use.
I started off with the second circuit on this page: http://www.z80.info/uexosc.htm
It is designed to oscillate from an X-tal and thoughts were that perhaps it might give a white noise source.
This seemed to work, on connecting an LED to the output.
So I went about making the output audible.
I replaced the 100N capacitor with a 10K trim pot. Then, by trial and error added or subtracted capacitors and whatnot. The biggest change was the introduction of the MPF102 field effect transistor, which gives the sensing of body movement.

The result, is a proximity detector that has a useful range of a couple of feet,  from very few components. The note rises and falls with a move toward or away from the circuit and an LED lights, relative to distance.
In fact, just for fun, my wife and I played a daft game. The idea was to create a wolf whistle hehe.  Lots of jumping forward and back and from side to side ensued.

The circuit is below and please excuse any errors, it's only the second one i've drawn.
The output from 4.5V (where the circuit seems most stable) is enough to drive a 0.5W speaker at a decent comfortable volume.

Components:
X1 - X-tal rated at 6 MHz
R1 - 100 ohm
R2 - 330 ohm
R3 - 330 ohm
C1 - 10uF
L1 - LED
D1 - general diode
D2 - general diode
T1 - MPF102
and the DM7404N chip isn't quite so huge in reality !

:biggrin:

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Current time is 06:00 PM  
ITC Bridge > Ask a Question, Give an Answer > Opinions, advice, techniques, software, and methodology > Built proximity sensor Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1560 seconds (38% database + 62% PHP). 25 queries executed.