ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Vicki T., Question if you have a moment.  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mar 11th, 2008 07:12 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
TT

Vicki,

I was listening to the first file you sent me and was wondering on how you were able to get the clarity?  It is my understanding you were using DC6 at the time? 

What method were you using at the time?  How were you able to attain such clarity?

Ok,  so a couple questions. =)

Have been doing recordings quite often and they have been communicating very well with EVPmaker although it makes listening sometimes painful to the ears.

Was just curious to your setup.

Thanks in advance.
Toby

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mar 12th, 2008 11:06 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Toby,

Actually, I was doing it the traditional way.  I used a Sony ICD B26 recorder and just asked for a message for you.  I recorded for 30 seconds, then put the recording on my computer and listened to it in Adobe Audition (Audacity works just as well).  I don't edit much.  I think I denoised on low with Clear Voice Denoiser (free 30-second version at http://www.speechpro.com ) and amplified it a bit.  That's it.  I'm a minimalist at heart.  Whatever works in the simplest way! 

I have used DC6 and gotten live responses as well as experiemented with radio with some relevant and interesting results, and I have to get back to doing those things.  It's amazing to have a live session, that's for sure.  I've also tried the manual version of Frank's box, radio sweep with some white noise thrown in, with some very surprising results.

As far as the recorder, they used to be cheap and easy to find, but once an article about it came out in the AAEVP Newsletter, they started being snatched up.  It's been a while since that article came out, so you might be able to find one on eBay.  Or the Sony ICD B16, B17 work well too.  They just don't have voice activation.  I got mine for under $30.  Hope this helps and glad to see you are really getting into it!  Vicki:)

Last edited on Mar 13th, 2008 08:46 AM by Vicki Talbott

Posted: Mar 12th, 2008 08:20 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
TT

Vicki,

I have been more into it then even I ever thought I would be.

Doing a minimal amount of experimenting with different mediums but for the most part I have just been using EVPmaker at Frank Sumptions suggestion.

I have been learning to hear them and it has gotten much easier. I think more in part to them then to myself. What backround noise did you use for that recording? I believe that is what I was trying to ask unsuccessfully the first time. I have Clear voice and Audacity as well and played with Clear voice a bit but more with audacity.

They gave me some settings for Audacity which I changed and sure enough it was much easier for me to hear. They never stop amazing me. However, with EVPmaker I cannot filter out all the excess like in your file that you posted.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Please tell Bradon thank you again for me.  Thank you to you as well.

Best,
Toby

Posted: Mar 13th, 2008 08:54 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Toby,

I didn't use any background noise--quiet house, no one home, nothing on or running aside from the recorder.  The ICD B26 seems to have enough internal noise to suffice for EVP. (That would include the Sony ICD B16 and 17 as well.)  Normally I do not use background noise unless the recorder is extremely quiet, in which case I have used white noise, foreign language, or any other ambient noise that is not English.  Many reputable researchers doing EVP swear by external noise of some sort with quiet recorders, which most of them are nowadays. Google EVP Assistant if you haven't downloaded that one yet--free.

I have used EVPMaker, but I still go back to traditional methods as they work better for me and my contacts.  Even DC6 Live is very minimalist.  It's just almost live, a couple of seconds gap between my speaking and hearing it.  I don't use any filters with it, just some amplification and clean up with CVD on low if I need to.  But I haven't used it in a long while--been very busy with work and school.

By the way, you are welcome!  And I will tell Braden you thank him, although of course, he already knows.  Vicki:)

Posted: Mar 13th, 2008 09:03 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
TT

Vicki,

Thank you very much for the information. I am using an Olympus VN-3100PC digital recorder.  Not sure if there is enough internal noise. It is astounding to hear you receiving EVPs so clearly with such minimal backround noise.

Of course I will have to try it to see hwo this recorder responds. I may be in the market for the Sony model.

Thank you again for the clarification. It has helped emmensely.

Best,
Toby

Posted: Mar 14th, 2008 11:26 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Toby,

You're welcome.  I just PM'd you about it.  Vicki

Current time is 09:53 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > Vicki T., Question if you have a moment. Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1860 seconds (28% database + 72% PHP). 26 queries executed.