ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Fathers in there EVP  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Oct 27th, 2007 10:00 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
NS-EVP

Hello everyone,

I"m new to this board, and other than the introduction section this is my first post on this board.

As I mentioned in the introduction thread, I'm really only into EVP at this time, but endeavor to migrate towards ITC as time goes on and I learn more about it. But for now, I"m doing all the EVP recording I can to get as much experience with that as possible. I've been recording for about a year or so, but more seriously in the past few months. I live on an island in the south shore of Nova Scotia Canada and there is plenty of history and old buildings and cemeteries here to explore and investigate.

I'm going to post an EVP that I recorded last week at a local cemetery, the hum at the beginning of the capture is from a passing vehicle, then you can hear a voice that I interpret as "Father's in there........" and then if you listen really closely at the end, I think I hear "good....god". This clip has not been modified in any way other than cutting it out of the original recording and converting it from a .wma file to an .mp3 file. I"m using an Olympus WS-300M digital voice recorder with the setting on the lowest quality recording (for some yummy internal noise...lol).

The interesting part of the recording is that at the time I was standing in front of a grave stone, and had just asked if anyone was still "here", so I guess it's the son of the guy buried there that answered me!

I hope you can hear the same thing that I do!

Chris C:)

Attachment: my-fathers-in-there-good-god-25oct07-centerville-cemetery-from-recording-WS_30016.mp3 (Downloaded 1120 times)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Oct 27th, 2007 10:01 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
NS-EVP

Here's the same clip that I amplified a touch, and cleaned it up, reducing some noise to hopefully hear the voice a bit better.

Attachment: my-fathers-in-there-good-god-25oct07-centerville-cemetery-from-recording-WS_30016-noise-reduced.mp3 (Downloaded 1096 times)

Posted: Oct 28th, 2007 10:02 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Chris,

I'm not one for putting forth interpretations of the recordings of other people, as you will find. I did listen to the clip though, and I did hear evp. I liked how the motor sound of a car passing by in the distance was used to create words.

Thanks for sharing!

Keith

You have chosen to ignore Estee. click Here to view this post

Posted: Oct 28th, 2007 05:42 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
NS-EVP

Hi Estee and Keith,

Don't worry, I am open to criticism and don't take anything personally when someone gives a suggestion or tells me they don't hear the same thing I don't, it's like you said, there are alot of factors including the equipment used to play a capture back with that effect the way it is presented to the listener, let alone the fact that everyone's hearing is different, and everyone's brain interprets things differently.

I agree with what your saying about editing EVP's, there is a certain point (which seems to be at the descretion of the recorder) where you are changing the data in the capture to the point where it is no longer the same information you started out with, and really when you think about it, you can manipulate a sound recording to make it sound like anything you want eventually. I like to experiment with different filters to see what kind of sounds I can bring out or clarify by using the program, but I never lose sight of what the originall capture is saying.

I didn't realize there was a competitive factor in EVP recording, to me that is a bit of a strange concept. Personally, my only point of posting a capture is because I like to share my excitement in what I just recorded with other people who have similar interests. I can't imagine why someone would go through the trouble of faking an evp, one must really be hurting for attention to do something like that.

I guess wherever you go there are some people who have their ego problems, why would the internet be any different I guess. That's too bad though if that is the case, life is too short for squabbling and not getting along, I still like to beleive that there are good people out there in the world, I know at least that I'm one of them! hehe

I played this file on my wife's older laptop, and I couldn't hear anything either, but I can hear it plain as day on my dell PC with a high quality soundcard, playing it via adobe audition, and my headphones are creative lab deep base headphones with a frequency response of 6hz - 24khz.

I've recorded many EVP's, and I usually post them on another website I belong to, most time people hear what I hear, but there are times they hear something different than I do, and I'm fine with that. In fact I'm intrigued with the variations of what people hear in a capture! I'm here to learn and interact, not be arrogant and closed minded! Since I'm new here I want everyone here to know that I'm quite open to their comments or critisism, and I have no problem disclosing anything about what I've done to a file before posting it.

I don't really care if someone beleives me or not about what I recorded, I know what is real and what is not, and I don't need to prove anything to anyone, all I know is that EVP has really opened my mind to a whole new world of possibilities, and it's made a true beleiver out of me!

Thanks for your comments and for listening!

Chris ;)

Posted: Oct 28th, 2007 08:07 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
NS-EVP

HI Estee,

I'm not really that talented with sound editing programs yet,

I mean I could alter something until it's unrecognizable, but that is not to say I was "molding" it into something I wanted, but more like messing it up beyond recognition...lol.

I use adobe audition, and I know my way around it pretty good, but I'm not an expert that's for sure.

I posted this very EVP on another messageboard called "Ghost village", and one of the members there modified it with some sort of software, and stated that he hears "Far Horizons" in this EVP, and not "Father's in there" such as I do. After listening to his modification, I do also hear "Far Horizons" in that modified file, but still hear "Father's in there" in the unaltered file. The ghostvillage member posted the modified file here:

http://media.putfile.com/you-tell-me-what-it-says3

As you can see, I called the file you-tell-me-what-it-says because I wanted to see what everyone else thought it said before I gave my interpretation.

I asked the member what he did to the file to make it sound like that, but he did not answer yet what he did, I'm curious because it sounds so much different. To me, this is a prime example of overprocessing an EVP file, too much has changed from the original to preserve it's original integrety. I really do appreciate the member's effort to help clarify the file, (I hope I don't sound unappreciative!) but to me now it's become something else. By the way, thanks for your compliment about my intelligence, I just try to take the time to think things through, and make sense when I"m posting things.

I'm not sure if I"m still actually a beginner, when do you lose your beginner status and become an intermediate?...LOL I've been experimenting quite a bit in the past few months, and reading alot. I've actually been into EVP for about a year now, but only seriously recording in the past few months. I'm finding there is alot of info about EVP out there, but alot of it is repetitive in nature from common sources, one of which is AAEVP.

I'm a technical kinda guy, I'm an electronics tech, and a computer network tech, I work for a major internet provider here in Canada, I like to mess around with designing and building gadgets, so recording and this kinda stuff is right up my alley.

I plan to have a full duplex spirit communication device perfected and on the market before Christmas...hehe.

Thanks again,

Chris ;)

Posted: Oct 28th, 2007 08:07 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
NS-EVP

HI Estee,

I'm not really that talented with sound editing programs yet,

I mean I could alter something until it's unrecognizable, but that is not to say I was "molding" it into something I wanted, but more like messing it up beyond recognition...lol.

I use adobe audition, and I know my way around it pretty good, but I'm not an expert that's for sure.

I posted this very EVP on another messageboard called "Ghost village", and one of the members there modified it with some sort of software, and stated that he hears "Far Horizons" in this EVP, and not "Father's in there" such as I do. After listening to his modification, I do also hear "Far Horizons" in that modified file, but still hear "Father's in there" in the unaltered file. The ghostvillage member posted the modified file here:

http://media.putfile.com/you-tell-me-what-it-says3

As you can see, I called the file you-tell-me-what-it-says because I wanted to see what everyone else thought it said before I gave my interpretation.

I asked the member what he did to the file to make it sound like that, but he did not answer yet what he did, I'm curious because it sounds so much different. To me, this is a prime example of overprocessing an EVP file, too much has changed from the original to preserve it's original integrety. I really do appreciate the member's effort to help clarify the file, (I hope I don't sound unappreciative!) but to me now it's become something else. By the way, thanks for your compliment about my intelligence, I just try to take the time to think things through, and make sense when I"m posting things.

I'm not sure if I"m still actually a beginner, when do you lose your beginner status and become an intermediate?...LOL I've been experimenting quite a bit in the past few months, and reading alot. I've actually been into EVP for about a year now, but only seriously recording in the past few months. I'm finding there is alot of info about EVP out there, but alot of it is repetitive in nature from common sources, one of which is AAEVP.

I'm a technical kinda guy, I'm an electronics tech, and a computer network tech, I work for a major internet provider here in Canada, I like to mess around with designing and building gadgets, so recording and this kinda stuff is right up my alley.

I plan to have a full duplex spirit communication device perfected and on the market before Christmas...hehe.

Thanks again,

Chris ;)

Posted: Oct 28th, 2007 08:08 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
NS-EVP

Weird, sorry for the double post!

Posted: Oct 29th, 2007 06:29 AM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Estee,

If you can, please remember that this is not the same forum you came from. All of the concepts above didn't exist in this forum until you brought them here from your post above. Please keep your experiences elsewhere separated from your experience here. For example - the discussion of the word "competitive" was totally unnecessary - especially as intro to someone new - as you explain how ITC and experimentation work.

This board is very simple - We experiment, we share, we learn, we grow. That's it, and nothing more.

:)

Keith

Posted: Oct 29th, 2007 12:19 PM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
NS-EVP

Hi Estee,

Thanks for your input, you sound like you are very experienced with EVP and ITC, I will show you the respect you and all others who take the time to sare your knowledge with me that you desrve.

Just so you and Keith know, I was not offended at all by your post about competitiveness, and think I understand what you were trying to say, and it sounds like you had my best interest at heart so I appretiate that.

I think what happens is that people gain a little bit of knowledge and then suddenly they think they know everything, I assure you, I'm definitely not like that. If someone disagrees with me, I take the time to listen to what they say, and consider the fact that they might know more than me or have more experience than me, and open my mind to that, rather than letting my ego get in the way. If I was always right, I would probably be single by now...lol. I also have a brain though, and if someone is feeding me a line of bull, I'm smart enough to figure that out.

You have made an attempt to feed me info as well as put me in touch with a valid source of information and I appreciate that. I really considered joining AAEVP but cheaped out and didn't want to pay the 30 bucks, but I think I'll change my mind and join up as I've heard more good than bad about them at AAEVP.

Sorry if I've caused anyone trouble, it is only my intent to connect with others of similar interest and share concepts and captures with each otrher.

Thanks again for all the info everyone!

Chris ;)

Posted: Oct 29th, 2007 02:11 PM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
NS-EVP

Of course I will continue to come here and participate, I can sense there are a bunch of really good people in here!!

Chris ;)

Posted: Oct 30th, 2007 06:35 AM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Chris,

I'm sure you will find that you're welcome at both forums - ITC Bridge and AAEVP. I am a member of both - and I started my journey with ITC at the AAEVP forum.  I also highly recommend it.

Keith

Posted: Oct 30th, 2007 06:47 AM
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
NS-EVP

Keith Clark wrote: Hi Chris,

I'm sure you will find that you're welcome at both forums - ITC Bridge and AAEVP. I am a member of both - and I started my journey with ITC at the AAEVP forum.  I also highly recommend it.

Keith

Hi Keith,

Thanks for the welcome. I'm sure I will end up joining at some point in time soon. It's just one of those things you need to get around to. I am very interested in ITC as well, that's actually why I signed up here, to hopefully gain more insight on the subject and learn some techniques. I've read about a few different techniques for ITC via the TV set, but I'm not really sure what I need to get started with a basic setup. What resource can you recommend that gives a step by step ITC guide for various techniques? I've been to the AAEVP techniques site, but it really didn't give me too much details on specific instructions. There is so much information out there the problem is I find myself reading forever just to extract little bits of information here and there and it's difficult to put it all together, I'm not that organized...lol.

Thanks

Chris ;)

Posted: Oct 30th, 2007 01:05 PM
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
NS-EVP

Hi Estee,

That's pretty kewl, I viewed the movies, they are hard to see but I think I can see what your talking about.

How would a spirit record movies and put them on your PC?? Sounds pretty scary to me to think they have that much power in our realm to do something like that!

Do you ever hear or see the spirits or anything they do in person without any recording equipment?

Chris ;)

Posted: Oct 30th, 2007 03:13 PM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
NS-EVP

It's hard to really comprehend that we are constantly surrounded by spirits who watch our every move. I'm still getting used to the concept.

I recorded an EVP that made me really start thinking about privacy and the spirit world, I came to the conclusion we don't have any privacy!

I had just gone to the bathroom, and just happened to have my recorder with me, so for some reason, most likely me just being a goof as usual I turned it on and asked the spirits "did you see what I just did"??

To my amazement (and actually embarrasment at that moment when I realized I was being watched) when I played the recording back there was a clear female voice that said "YES" ...LOL

Thoughts of every private moment I've ever had in my life being observed suddenly became very disturbing to me!! I spoke with some other people about this, and they informed me that they actually asked the spirits to give them their privacy, and that they feel they have complied and no longer are being observed in their "private moments".

Since your house is very active, are you weirded out by the feeling you are constantly being observed??

Chris ;)

Posted: Oct 30th, 2007 05:36 PM
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
NS-EVP

I think if I were to disclose to my shrink that I was constantly surrounded by spirits and that they were with me at all times watching everything that I do I might be the recipient of some strong drugs as well as a nice padded room...LOL

You have to be careful who you confide in as not everyone is as open to the paranormal as one would like them to be. I do think people are slowly coming around though and realizing that there is something more out there, they might not know what in particular (none of us really do), but they are aware there is more to the picture than meets the eye at least.

I was also inspired by the movie "White Noise", I remember watching the movie and thinking "that would be rally kewl if this was true", and then I was stunned to realize that this was based on true research that was ongoing. That little clip at the end of the movie from AAEVP looked really interesting, so I decided if it was really that easy as they showed in the clip, then I was going to try it out and give it a chance to see if it was all bs, or if it really was that easy.

There are of course others drawn to this I think because of the loss of a loved one, or because we suddenly are faced by a reality check of the awareness of our own mortality for one reason or another.

My very first EVP I captured over a year ago was in a creepy little loft apartment we were temporarily staying in while we were house hunting in the country side of Nova Scotia. I simply left the recorder running over night and was amazed that I really did capture a few EVP's on that recording. I captured one saying "shoot the boy, shoot the man", and another one that said "they're crying" in a whispery female voice. I got the feeling something very bad happened on that old farm.

Ever since then I was hooked, and determined to learn more about this phenomena. I'm actually an electronics tech by trade, and also an internet specialist working for a large internet provider in Canada. So I like that there is a technical aspect to this type of experimentation since I like to design and build circuits and gadgets anyhow.

When you say you hear the spirits talking to you "outside of the session", do you mean you hear a voice without the aid of any equipment directly?

That would scare me and/or worry me that I was losing my mind!!

Chris ;)

Posted: Oct 30th, 2007 06:58 PM
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Estee,

That was a great video!!! Can you please post it in the video itc section? Both the original and the slowed down version?

At first, I perhaps thought "yeah, right"..............then I saw the video. I did see spirit in it multiple times. Have you extracted and frames or pictures from it??? I think it would be great if you would post it in the video thread.

Keith

Posted: Oct 30th, 2007 07:15 PM
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
NS-EVP

I agree Keith, it was really kewl wasn't it? I hope to be able to capture stuff like that one day.

What intrigues me about that is how she says "they" did it all on "their"own!

Posted: Oct 30th, 2007 07:35 PM
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
NS-EVP

Hi Estee,

It's funny you mention that! I "almost" mentioned to you on my last post what I experienced just as I was falling asleep a few nights, but then thought, "naw", it's not real, I"m just imagining things! You see I've had that happen to me several times, I'm just drifting off to sleep, and in some weird state of conciousness, and I either hear a voice saying something like my name or a few words, or sometimes I hear music, clear as a bell, but it startles me and I wake up, or whatever you want to call it from that state. It's very weird when that happens because it is so quiet, and the voice is so loud and clear, almost screaming sometimes. To be honest I thought it might be medication causing that to happen!

Maybe I should set my recorder and then go to bed and if it happens, see if anything shows up on the recorder.

Oddly enough, I rarely get scared, but there have been a few instances where I sensed something that made me feel so uncomfortable I had to leave the premisis. It was different than fear, it was like "evil", and my instinct was to put distance between me and it, but certainly not panicking or anything.

The old house I live in now has absolutely no vibes whatsoever, it's weird, and I rarely can record any EVP's in my house either, it's almost like a protective sheild is around it or something. The house was originally built as a parsonage, maybe that has something to do with it.

Chris ;)

Posted: Nov 1st, 2007 09:25 PM
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
NS-EVP

Hi Estee,

You will be pleased to know that I just joined up at AAEVP !

Don't worry, I still intend on coming here as often as I have been!

It wasn't all because of you, I had already decided I wanted to join, I just never got around to it, but your little push helped me out...lol.

It's odd about recording in this house, I'm beginning to think they intentionally do not speak to me here. The only time I ever get anything here is by accident, like when I first turn on the recorder but haven't said anything, I'll get some words or mumbling, but as soon as I start talking....silence....

Since this old house was originally built as a parsonage I though maybe it had some kind of blessing with a protective bubble over it, prohibiting entry from any spirits...lol.

I'll post a quiet whisper I can barely hear and you tell me what you think it says. I recorded it just like I said, at the start of a recording, "before" I announced myself or said anything out loud. This file was simply clipped out of the original .wma file and converted to an mp3, other than that, no modifications have been done to it.

Take care,

Chris ;)

Attachment: unknown-whisper-31oct07-lliving-room.mp3 (Downloaded 808 times)

Posted: Nov 4th, 2007 06:50 PM
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
NS-EVP

Hi Estee,

I do try to do the recordings at the same time of the day when possible, but sometimes life's busy schedule makes that kinda hard.

I've already found lots of usefull info at AAEVP, I'm glad I signed up, thanks for the push...lol.

Chris;)

Current time is 04:05 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > Fathers in there EVP Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.3512 seconds (24% database + 76% PHP). 47 queries executed.