ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register
ITC Bridge > Members > Introduce yourself > Hello from Nova Scotia!

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, lance, Keith Clark, Deborah, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Hello from Nova Scotia!  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Oct 27th, 2007 07:03 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
NS-EVP

Hello Everyone!

Just digging around on the internet and found this site, and thought I'd kick up my feet and stay awhile...hehe.

I"m relatively new to the paranormal scene, although I"ve been interested in it since childhood. What I"m most into right now is recording EVP, but I"m hoping to learn more about ITC, and hopefully try experimenting with that soon as well as EVP's.

I've been recording regularly for about the past 6 months or so, moreso in the past couple months as I become more addicted to it!

I got started in EVP like I"m sure alot of you also did after watching the movie "White Noise", which I took as fiction until the blurb at the end by AAEVP, then I realized there was some "real" aspect of the movie, and people really do record spirit voices for themselves.

At that time I was still quite a skeptic, but my curiousity got the best of me so I thought I would give it a try myself. Amazingly I captured voices on my first try using a digital voice recorder, and I was hooked ever since.

What really changed everything a few months ago was that one magical EVP that was a direct response to a question I asked, after that, I was at a graveyard and asked if there were any spirits present, and I recorded a response "they're all gone to heaven".

I now have no doubts at all that this is a very real phenomena, and I know I really want to be involved in EVP research.

Anyhow, looks like a great site, hope to meet some fellow enthusiasts here!

Chris C;)

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Oct 28th, 2007 09:50 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Chris,

Nice to meet you - stay as long as you like. Well, I first heard of ITC and evp the same way you did - as well as many others.

This forum is small - but is also very open. Feel free to share anything you wish with others.

Look forward to hearing some of your communication!

Keith

You have chosen to ignore Debbie. click Here to view this post

Posted: Oct 28th, 2007 08:30 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
NS-EVP

Hi Debbie, thanks forthe welcome!

I'll post the "gone up  into heaven" EVP for you and you can tell me what you think!

I hope you can hear the same thing I do!

I captured this on an olympus pearlcorder minicassette recorder with an external sony microphone, it was transferred to my PC, then this portion cut out and converted to an MP3, other then that, it has not been modified in any way. I had just asked if there were any spirits present in the graveyard, then this reply was captured.

Chris C:)

Attachment: gone-up-into-heaven29july07.mp3 (Downloaded 1219 times)

Posted: Oct 30th, 2007 01:11 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
NS-EVP

Well, what do you think Debbie??

Chris ;)

You have chosen to ignore Debbie. click Here to view this post

Posted: Oct 30th, 2007 05:48 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
NS-EVP

HI Debbie,

you can go ahead and post it if you like, I would like to hear it!

I've never used Clear Voice before, I'll have to download a copy of it and mess around with it to see how it works. I use Adobe Audition, but I'm certainly not an expert at it, I know enough to be dangerous and that's about it!

Take a look here:

http://www.itcbridge.com/forum/view_topic.php?id=332&forum_id=5&jump_to=2273

I posted this EVP on the ghost village message board where one of their members messed around with it and made it sound like it said "Far Horizons" instead of "They're all gone to heaven".

Estee (from this message board) messed around with it a little bit and also hears "Far Horizons", but I still like what I originally heard...lol, and now that you hear it too I know I'm not just imagining things!

Thanks again for listening and cleaning it up Debbie, and also, nice to meet you!

Chris :)

Posted: Nov 20th, 2007 10:32 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
NS-EVP

Hello again everyone,

I hope the administrators of this forum don't mind me announcing the opening of my new website. Most of the other forums have a place for their members to announce their new sites, so I hope I'm not overstepping my boundaries here!

I'm a Canadian, and being such, I've come to realize that there really are no Canadian resources or organizations focusing on EVP and paranormal investigations. While I'm somewhat of a newbie in a sense myself, I still recognized the need to fill this gap for our fellow Canadian researchers, so I decided to start the "Canadian Association of Electronic Voice Phenomena".

While this "association" is still completely in it's infantile stages, I still wanted to get started gathering members to contribute to the cause, so in light of this, I have created a temporary introductory website, as well as a fully functional forum that will remain unchanged throughout the developement of the website and as the group grows and matures.

Please feel free to come visit us at http://www.caevp.com , we would be glad to have you as a member, which of course is free, unlike the AAEVP, which by the way I am now a member of myself.

Thanks for reading my post, again, I hope I have not overstepped my boundaries by posting this, my goal is certainly not to compete with this website or steal it's members away, this is a GREAT site, and I thank all of you here for sharing information with me!

Chris :)

Posted: Nov 20th, 2007 02:30 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
Jeff

Greeting Chris, nice to meet you! Welcome to the forum!  I too have just started posting here, and have already found many friends.  This forum is a true ITC/EVP forum that researchers share their experiences, recordings, videos, etc.  Then discussions will follow with questions of methodology, and perhaps equipment used.

I look forward to hearing more of your samples.  Also congrats on your new EVP association in Canada.

Jeff

Posted: Nov 20th, 2007 02:53 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
NS-EVP

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I belong to a few forums now, including being a member at the AAEVP, and the one thing I notice in general id the type of people these message boards attract in comarison to others out there on the internet.

Maybe it's because alot of people drawn to this type of subject have lost a loved one or are faced with their own mortality, or are just searching for some answers, I don't know, but just about everyone I've met have been very kind well balanced adjusted people who are eager to help others and share with them, which is actually quite refreshing!

I think once you reach a certain stage of your life (stage, not age!) you just "get it", you know what I mean? We may not exactly know the meaning of life, but we start prioritizing things correctly, and by correctly I'm talking about lack of focus on material well being, and more focused on kindness, family and friends, and the awareness that we are all in this thing together, so we should really all just try to get along. (Maybe bush should read this...lol.)

Some people "never" get it, (that's why I said stage, and not age) they just live their lives totally oblivious to anything going on around them, and they never really become "aware" like most of the people involved with EVP seem to be.

This type of thinking almost creates a "family" type feeling in these forums, and I endeavor to attain that sort of atmosphere in my new forum as well.

Thanks agian for your kind words Jeff, hope to see you there, and I'll be posting more stuff here as well!

Chris ;)

Posted: Nov 20th, 2007 03:14 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
Jeff

NS-EVP wrote: Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the warm welcome!

I belong to a few forums now, including being a member at the AAEVP, and the one thing I notice in general id the type of people these message boards attract in comarison to others out there on the internet.

Maybe it's because alot of people drawn to this type of subject have lost a loved one or are faced with their own mortality, or are just searching for some answers, I don't know, but just about everyone I've met have been very kind well balanced adjusted people who are eager to help others and share with them, which is actually quite refreshing!

I think once you reach a certain stage of your life (stage, not age!) you just "get it", you know what I mean? We may not exactly know the meaning of life, but we start prioritizing things correctly, and by correctly I'm talking about lack of focus on material well being, and more focused on kindness, family and friends, and the awareness that we are all in this thing together, so we should really all just try to get along. (Maybe bush should read this...lol.)

Some people "never" get it, (that's why I said stage, and not age) they just live their lives totally oblivious to anything going on around them, and they never really become "aware" like most of the people involved with EVP seem to be.

This type of thinking almost creates a "family" type feeling in these forums, and I endeavor to attain that sort of atmosphere in my new forum as well.

Thanks agian for your kind words Jeff, hope to see you there, and I'll be posting more stuff here as well!

Chris ;)

Chris, I couldn't have said any of that better!  I believe you are so correct on "stage not age"!  And it is truly refreshing! 

Glad you're with us!

Jeff

Posted: Nov 21st, 2007 03:30 PM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
Vicki Talbott

Hi Chris,

It's such a wonderful sign that you've started a Canadian group!  I would be honored to be a part of it.  Great recording, too.  Vicki

Posted: Nov 21st, 2007 04:08 PM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
NS-EVP

Thanks Vicki!!

Chris ;)

Posted: Nov 22nd, 2007 03:25 PM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
NS-EVP

Hello Everyone,

In my endeavor to answer the question "what is the best recorder for recording EVP", I've put together a poll on my website to try to gather as much data as possible to determine this.

I've read alot about recorder preferences in many posts and forums, but I have never found an actual poll that gathered statistics and explainations why a person preferred one recorder over another. The data seems scattered all over the place, and it's difficult to compile it.

If any of you would like to participate, you could go to my website, (unfortunately you have to sign up to participate, don't worry, its free! lol) and click on the recorder of your choice on the list, then follow the link below the poll to write a short blurb about why you like the recorder and what kind of successes you have had with it.

No pressure if you don't want to, I won't be insulted or anything! Like I said previously, I'm not trying to steal people from this site!!...lol. I'll post the resulting data after accumulating it for some time on this website for all to see.

If your interested, please click the link below to get started.

Thanks everyone!

Chris ;)

http://caevp.com/forum/index.php/topic,16.0.html

Current time is 05:15 PM  
ITC Bridge > Members > Introduce yourself > Hello from Nova Scotia! Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1620 seconds (29% database + 71% PHP). 30 queries executed.