ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: lance, Keith Clark, fratka, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
Cannibalizing an old TV?  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Jul 27th, 2007 04:03 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
lance

Hi all,

I ask via EVP in the week how to improve the method, I had a response of ' the problem we have is the crystals' I take it that the older TV sets in Klaus's days were built from crystals nowadays they are more refined, maybe we have lost the contact from the movement of technology??
I have been thinking of cannibalizing a old TV set (ruling out all other external transmission internally) but keeping the important parts plus having the crystals back at work... its worth a try, any ideas on how to go about this??

take care, Lance 

Posted: Aug 11th, 2007 11:20 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
Keith Clark
Administrator

Hi Lance,

We talked about this, and I'll post a comment so people know you've been discussing it. Well, you won't find me ripping a television apart - and if you know how to do that sort of thing, then I guess that makes you the expert! lol.

Jokes aside, you know I wish you the best in your endeavors...........whatever method or approach you take, you'll be successful.

Keith

Back To Top PM Quote Reply

Posted: Aug 16th, 2007 05:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
fratka

Just a word of caution Lance. On the end of the CRT you will see a printed circuit board with a lot of different components. Do not touch the electrolytic capacitors on this board without properly discharging them first. If you do not discharge them they will mame or kill you. These capacitors are used to charge the tube when in use. If the TV has not been plugged in for a long time then the capacitors should not pose a threat.

Electronics stores have proper discharge equipment for capacitors and I recommend you use them. You can use a good multimeter to discharge also. The old way we use to do it is to place a screwdriver across the leads but if the screwdriver handle is not properly insulated you can still get a hell of a blow.

Anyway, I recommend you be safe and do it the right way. Even though we know we can talk to you on the other side doesn't mean we don't need your talent on this side. :wink:

Regards,

Frank R.

Posted: Aug 17th, 2007 02:51 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Sizzorfite

Don't touch the pins on the back of the picture tube either. That thing can hold a charge for a long time.   Ouch!

It won't kill ya but it shure will wake you up!!

Posted: Aug 22nd, 2007 10:35 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
lance

Hey thanks all for the info...:biggrin: I will most probley blow myself up lol

Current time is 07:48 PM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Video ITC (Feedback loop methods) > Cannibalizing an old TV? Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1400 seconds (30% database + 70% PHP). 25 queries executed.