ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: sparks, mikesndbs, Keith Clark, joecioppi, Jeff, fratka, EVPDave, Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, Dmaumau, Bruce, ArizonaEvp, takne_007
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
REALLY, really, need some PX Device help  Rate Topic 
AuthorPost
 Posted: Mar 4th, 2015 08:32 AM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
psb7user2

So, my nephew sat on my PX device as I picked him up from school. Not that it ever gave great evidence, but, I really, really enjoyed having it, and on the rare occasions, did seem to get intelligent responses.

Anyhow, I am uploading some images of the "guts", if you will, of my PX device. The device itself had six wires: 3 red, 3 black. I do know which ones go to the battery pack, but I have no idea where the other wires would go.

Anyone, if you have a PX device and would be willing to let me see the inside of yours via pics, I'd appreciate it. I can't get Mr. Chappell to help me out because I bought it off of eBay, and as well all know, he only supports the person who bought it off him. Can't say that I blame him, but, hopefully he doesn't get pissed when people take to these forums in search of help. We all know it's a speakjet chip, so it's not a big secret anyhow.

Someone, please help me!

I lost the top of the PX Device, so I will have to narrate on the pictures. The first picture is of the PX device as it would appear if you were holding it right side up (or, normal). Keith, I am sorry, but I am going to have to post like 4 replies so I can get them all up. Surely, someone is tech enough in here to help me out.

Attached Image (viewed 254 times):

PXIncase.jpg

Last edited on Mar 4th, 2015 08:37 AM by psb7user2

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Mar 4th, 2015 08:38 AM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
psb7user2

This is the top of the PX device, again, sans the casing that says "PX Device".

When those two buttons were pushed together, I cant remember if that's what turned it on, but I believe that is how it worked. For the record, I think the version I had was the last version. It had the two momentary tactile switches on the front, or top.

Attached Image (viewed 273 times):

PXTop.jpg

Last edited on Mar 4th, 2015 08:39 AM by psb7user2

Posted: Mar 4th, 2015 08:46 AM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
psb7user2

Here is where you can see the speakjet chip (name conveniently rubbed off). If you look, you can see two different spots that say PWR/MD on what is essentially the underside of where the momentary tactile switches are.

Attached Image (viewed 258 times):

PXBottomAnnotated.jpg

Posted: Mar 4th, 2015 08:46 AM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
psb7user2

Here is where you can see the speakjet chip (name conveniently rubbed off). If you look, you can see two different spots that say PWR/MD on what is essentially the underside of where the momentary tactile switches are.

Attached Image (viewed 383 times):

PXBottomAnnotated.jpg

Posted: Mar 4th, 2015 08:47 AM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
psb7user2

Here is the PX device in it's case, aside from the top. The top is actually not necessary, as there were no components on it. It just said PX, and had the two tactile switches sticking up.

This is a top down view. The battery compartment, which I will post next, is underneath this circuit board.

Attached Image (viewed 262 times):

PXIncase.jpg

Last edited on Mar 4th, 2015 08:48 AM by psb7user2

Posted: Mar 4th, 2015 09:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
psb7user2

Here is the annotated version showing where I know the wires for the power source go. Heck, I even know which one is negative and which one is positive. That is actually the easiest part because inside the case, there is a + and - connotation in the case, indicating where the wires go.

If you look to the left, there are two solder points that are for the speaker. I'll admit, I lost the speaker, but know what kind it was, voltage wise, and can get a new one at Radio Shack. If someone could possibly tell me how to wire these wires to the speaker, I would greatly appreciate it.

Last, but not least. I am absolutely lost as far as where to put the wires for the tactile switches. If anyone has any ideas, or would be willing to pop their case open so I can just have a look at it and see what I need to do, I would be very, very grateful. I have an ovilus X, and it's just not the same. I think pride is what is causing me to want to fix this thing more than anything else.

Keith, and Ron; I sincerely apologize for the uploads of so many pictures. The problem is, I need help, and this is the best place I know to seek help for paranormal gadgets. I am not asking how to build a PX device, it's easy enough to just buy a speakjet chip and enclose it in it's own housing, and run it through EVPMaker. So, please do not think that I am trying to "learn" how to make my own. I simply want to know how to fix it, for my own sake. When the inventor is less than forthcoming about how to fix it, it's time to reach out to my good paranormal family who always seems to have my back. And hey, if nobody can help, thanks for taking the time to at least look, and ponder for me. I really appreciate it.

Josh

Posted: Mar 6th, 2015 12:29 AM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Hi Josh,

You don't need to apologize for anything.  Post as many pics as necessary.

Finding the correct solder pads for the speaker should be a matter of visually tracing the negative runs coming off the power input.

Or...if you have a VOM multimeter, you can check for continuity from the negative pad of the power input to the speaker pads.

I had to mirror the one image of yours to get it to line up with the circuit board.

Once you find the negative pad for the speaker you will be good.

Here is a pic for reference:

Attached Image (viewed 263 times):

josh.jpg

Posted: Mar 6th, 2015 01:11 AM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Yeah....the forum software sure does reduce the size of images eh?

Speaking of which,  I can't really get a good look at the circuit board to see about the momentary contact switch pads.  I can see where there were 2 wires attached but I can't see the runs.

Maybe you can email the original pics to me.

Ron

Posted: Mar 6th, 2015 04:48 AM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
psb7user2

Hey Ron,
I went back, used a different camera, and used Macro mode to try to get some good pictures. I think I sent you twelve pics in total. Hopefully they are better, but I kid you not, every time I get a good picture lined up of the PX, something prevents me from getting the detail. That is one reason I want to fix this thing, I feel like it actually draws out whatever paranormal activity may be hiding in the woodwork. Whereas, I used to be frightened to the point I would put the PX in a drawer, sans batteries, and sans battery cover- I've switched my mindset to "this is my realm, and we can either co-exist peacefully, or I'm going to have to get rid of you." Luckily, I haven't had very many negative run ins with the paranormal (knocking on wood).

As always, if you can touch up the pictures, and reupload them here to explain what is what, feel free to do so. I have no copyrights on those crappy pictures- to be honest, I don't really want my name associated with the poor quality of them:)

Take care, Ron, and thanks for the help.

Josh

Posted: Mar 6th, 2015 04:51 AM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
psb7user2

Great advice, Ron. I hope the pictures I sent you shows where there is actually a +/-. The speaker part is the one I'm unsure of as to which is positive, and which is negative. WHen it first broke, I uploaded some pictures to my Picasa album, so I may have some better pics for you. Give me a few minutes while I try to dig them back up. When my dog died, I was so distraught I deleted almost every picture because just seeing the poor guy would make me burst into tears, for a loooong, looong time.

Current time is 05:20 AM  
ITC Bridge > Ask a Question, Give an Answer > The Technical Tower - A panel of forum members > REALLY, really, need some PX Device help Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1442 seconds (21% database + 79% PHP). 26 queries executed.