ITC Bridge Home 
Home Search search Menu menu Not logged in - Login | Register

ITC Bridge and iDigitalMedium.com are now VARANORMAL.COM Please visit: https://www.varanormal.com This site does not allow new registrations, and is now an online archive of a decade of Paranormal and ITC (Instrumental Transcommunication) experimentation from 2007 - 2016 We thank you for a wonderful decade! ~ Keith Clark & Ron Ruiz

Moderated by: Vicki Talbott, Keith Clark, fratka, EVPDave, ArizonaEvp
New Topic Reply Printer Friendly
My First EVP......Maybe ???  Rating:  Rating
AuthorPost
 Posted: Jan 24th, 2015 09:01 PM
  PM Quote Reply
1st Post
jerseydude77

Hi everyone, about a week ago I think I captured my first EVP, I've been experiencing some activity around the house recently, I believe it's possibly related to some old, antique objects I recently came into owning, but I'm not certain, that's just my theory, anyway, I've been getting enough activity where I thought I would try to communicate with whoever might be there, this recording was done in the middle of the day, a week ago, when the recording starts, I wait a few moments before I ask any questions because an airplane is passing over head, but then I ask three questions, for two of the questions, I believe I hear a deep male voice saying something in reply, when I ask about playing music in that particular room, I believe I get a faint whispered reply, this is the part that blew my mind because I can actually make out what the voice says perfectly, though it is faint, anyway, I'm very curious about this, I believe I got my first EVP, but I'd love a second opinion, I'd really appreciate any feedback anyone can give me, it's really got me wondering if I truly captured something there....thank you.....ps, I as about my dog on the recording as well, her name is Jenny, I think I hear her name as well,...thanks again

https://soundcloud.com/jerseydude77/evp-1-17-15-wav

Back To Top PM Quote Reply  

Posted: Jan 25th, 2015 03:51 PM
  PM Quote Reply
2nd Post
lance

Hi Brian...
Yes I am hearing a faint but deep voice at around 37 seconds this is after your first question...... And then after you ask your question about your Dog, I hear another deep voice.
Hope this helps, Lance.

Posted: Jan 25th, 2015 04:03 PM
  PM Quote Reply
3rd Post
jerseydude77

Hi Lance,

Thank you for taking a listen, the more I listen to it, I think the first response might be saying "downstairs" but I'm not sure, but also when I ask if they like me playing music in that room, I believe there is a faint whisper that says NO.....thanks again for the feedback

Posted: Jan 25th, 2015 09:34 PM
  PM Quote Reply
4th Post
Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

I hear the "no". I can't make out the other stuff, but I hear it also. Right on!

Posted: Jan 25th, 2015 10:36 PM
  PM Quote Reply
5th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

I can hear several responses when I run it through a filter.

So what is the dog's name?

Ron

Posted: Jan 25th, 2015 10:41 PM
  PM Quote Reply
6th Post
jerseydude77

Hi Ron,

the dog's name is Jenny, I think that last response might be a voice saying Jenny, not sure....thank you for the feedback

Posted: Jan 26th, 2015 04:57 PM
  PM Quote Reply
7th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

I did some filtering on your file and this is what I got.

Question - 1:

Don't think most people will hear this but, at the 6 second mark...right after the clicking sound there is a very faint higher pitched response that seems to say:  I like it in this room

At 15 seconds you will clearly hear a lower pitched response that seems to say:  OK

Attachment: Question-1.mp3 (Downloaded 1461 times)

Posted: Jan 26th, 2015 04:59 PM
  PM Quote Reply
8th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Question - 2:

Because the response is fainter and breathy...I had to apply a bit more filtering.

At the 5 second mark you will hear the NO response you already commented on.

Attachment: Question-2.mp3 (Downloaded 2299 times)

Posted: Jan 26th, 2015 05:00 PM
  PM Quote Reply
9th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Question - 3:

Right after you finish asking the question about the dog's name there is a higher pitched response that says:  Its Jenny...however it is far to faint to extract for most people to hear.

However,  at the 6 1/2 second mark you may be able to hear a lower pitched response that repeats the phrase:  Its Jenny

At 9 seconds there is another, clearer response that seems to say: Chris

Hope this helps,
Ron

Attachment: Question-3.mp3 (Downloaded 1302 times)

Posted: Jan 26th, 2015 05:17 PM
  PM Quote Reply
10th Post
jerseydude77

That's Awesome, thank you Ron, I would have never caught all that on my own, well, I'll definitely keep them (the antiques) in that room, I was literally about to move them, and I definitely won't be playing any music in there anymore, thanks again for all your help

Posted: Jan 26th, 2015 05:45 PM
  PM Quote Reply
11th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Glad I could be of assistance.

One thing to keep in mind is that many of the responses found in evp's are made by folks "just passing through".  That response in question 3 that says Chris is a good example of that.

Just because there is a response that says they don't like it when you play music in that room....it should be taken with a grain of salt.

Its been my experience that there are many tricksters and hecklers on the other side that like to cause disruptions.

I would not be so accommodating to the responses you hear.  If you enjoy playing music in that room, keep doing it.

Just my 2 cents worth,
Ron

Posted: Jan 26th, 2015 06:11 PM
  PM Quote Reply
12th Post
jerseydude77

Ok, thanks for the advice Ron, my mind is still overwhelmed with the OMG this is real feeling, this is alot to take in, I'll chill out and not do anything stupid like redecorate the house for them...thanks again for all your help....I am very grateful....Brian

Posted: Jan 27th, 2015 04:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
13th Post
jerseydude77

Ron,

Thanks again for all your help, after listening to the filtered recordings, I went back to an earlier attempt at evp I tried just two days prior to the last recording, I didn't think I got anything here, but after hearing your filtered clip of the voice saying "I like it in this room", I think I got the same voice here on this recording I made on the 15th, listen at about 20 seconds in, it's very faint again, and I can't make out what it says but it certainly sounds like the same voice, do you think there's something there as well?.....Thanks again.....Brian

https://soundcloud.com/jerseydude77/evp-1-15-15

Posted: Jan 27th, 2015 04:07 AM
  PM Quote Reply
14th Post
jerseydude77

follow up, I think the voice is saying "this room"

Posted: Jan 28th, 2015 02:55 PM
  PM Quote Reply
15th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Ok....

Here is a clip of the question from your 1-15-15 recording.

At the 7 second mark there is a low pitched two word response.

Immediately following that is the higher pitched response you were curious about.

What I hear the higher response say in a melodic tone is:  This is a blast

One thing to keep in mind is that even though you may hear the same higher pitched voice in different recordings....they are not coming from the same person.

Its about the frequency range they are coming through on.  In the case of the higher pitched responses,  that is approx 1,000 Hertz or 1KHz - (give or take)

Same goes for the lower pitched responses.  The lower voice you hear in this recording may be similar to another recording but again....its just the frequency range.

Ron

Attachment: 1-15-15.mp3 (Downloaded 1002 times)

Posted: Jan 28th, 2015 03:55 PM
  PM Quote Reply
16th Post
jerseydude77

Once again, thank you Ron, I would never have caught all these on my own, I think I am getting a better ear for this though, I think I got a real faint reply last night (see below) it's extremely faint but a very relevant answer regarding Jenny the dog, Jenny's my niece's dog, I just watch her alot on weekends if they're away, recently she's been having some "accidents" on the carpet so the plan was to keep her in the kitchen when I wasn't around, but I'm not very good at keeping to my own rule, when I ask about Jenny here, at around 24 seconds I think I hear a faint "keep her in the kitchen" or "just keep her in the kitchen".....I'm going to try a little experiment this week, I'm going to do a quick session of a question or two every night at the same time each day, I want to see if I start to get more responses if I get into a routine.....Thanks Again, Brian

https://soundcloud.com/jerseydude77/evp-1-27-15

Posted: Jan 29th, 2015 01:33 PM
  PM Quote Reply
17th Post
jerseydude77

also, from anyone's experience, is there anything I can do on my end to make these faint replys come in louder? or is it all on their end?.. such as the time I did the recording after I had played loud music, did the noise some how contribute to the voices coming in louder?

Posted: Jan 29th, 2015 01:35 PM
  PM Quote Reply
18th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

First off,  I did not hear the "keep her in the kitchen" response.  However that does not mean it wasn't said.

Often times we will hear a response only to go back and find that it is either not there or perhaps changed to something else.  This is fairly common.

What can happen is that with the additional noise generated by your soundcard and speakers / headphones, you will hear a response in real time...usually in the form of a higher pitched response.

Another reason could be your using soundcloud.  When you upload to them, you file is transcoded into their format. I have to use a downloader program which converts to an mp3. Subtle changes to the audio can happen along the way.

Your last 2 recordings are very faint in the response sections.  What are you using to record?  

While cell phones are convenient, most use a noise reduction.  If you are using a digital recorder and you have noise reduction engaged....turn it off.

If your digital recorder is set to dictation, it may need to be set to conference or lecture, depending on the model.

If you are using a cell phone to record, you may need to use some background noise.

Ron

Posted: Jan 29th, 2015 02:58 PM
  PM Quote Reply
19th Post
jerseydude77

ok, thanks Ron, I've been using both a digital recorder and a phone, mostly a phone recently, I'll check the settings, didn't even think of that, I'll try with some background noise as well,

Posted: Jan 29th, 2015 11:35 PM
  PM Quote Reply
20th Post
jerseydude77

Ron, can you take a listen to this new one, I just did a session with some background noise, water fall sounds I found on you tube, I think I got some responses here, and for the first time, I thought I heard something in real time (but not 100% sure) anyway, here's what I think I got, at 6 seconds I think I hear a faint "YES", at 31 seconds, I hear "YES" again, (in response to my question about the noise), then at 46 seconds, if I'm not mistaken, I believe I hear "JENNY".....maybe the background noise helped, but if what I hear is accurate, they didn't like it......thanks again Ron

https://soundcloud.com/jerseydude77/1-29-15a

Posted: Jan 30th, 2015 02:17 AM
  PM Quote Reply
21st Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Its still a bit on the quiet side.

What model recorder are you using?

What is the format of the output audio....mp3 - wav - wma - ?

Posted: Jan 30th, 2015 02:39 AM
  PM Quote Reply
22nd Post
jerseydude77

this time I used my cell phone and an Olympus VN-7200 recorder, literally side by side, I hear the responses on the cell phone but nothing on the digital recorder, is that common?, can they pick which recorder they manipulate or speak into ?, it's certainly faint still, I hear it best with my headphones, but I definitely hear "YES" 31 seconds exactly and starting at 46 seconds kinda a drawn out "Jenny"....I email it to my laptop and it converts it to MPEG-4 AUDIO, then I uploaded it to soundcloud

Posted: Jan 30th, 2015 02:56 AM
  PM Quote Reply
23rd Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

The Oly 7200 does not have a usb port so you would record and then have to re-record through a cable. 

The settings to record would be HQ - High Mic sensitivity and VCVA Off. 

What do you use to record the audio to the computer.

Are you recording video or just audio with your cell phone?

Posted: Jan 30th, 2015 03:34 AM
  PM Quote Reply
24th Post
jerseydude77

just audio with the cell phone, I just got the digital recorder, that session from 1-17, was the first time I used it, then I just placed it next to my phone and recorded it onto that, that's why it had all that hiss noise, (I'm low tech here at the moment)any recommendations on a better digital recorder?

Posted: Jan 30th, 2015 05:31 AM
  PM Quote Reply
25th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Cell phones can do a good enough job.  They usually top out at 8Khz when recording which is more than enough headroom.

I'm wondering if it might be soundcloud.

You can always get a box.com filesharing account.  Its free and does not do pop ups or spam or anything like some other sites do.

You could upload your mp4 to box.com and provide the share link in your post. 

Or.....

You could extract the audio from the mp4 with a program like Audacity and save it as an mp3.  As long as the audio sections are less than 1 meg, you could upload them with your posts.

If you are determined to get another digital recorder, make sure it is able to interface with a computer. 

P.S.  I sent you a PM.  Look up and you should see the Message tab.

Posted: Feb 2nd, 2015 09:34 PM
  PM Quote Reply
26th Post
jerseydude77

ok, just want everyone to know that I now understand that this has nothing to do with objects in my house, I bet they were having a good laugh about that on the other side, so I certainly won't be asking them anymore questions about which room in my house they want to be in, I'm finally getting a few names, got two names so far, I'm also hearing replys in some of my previous recordings that I completely missed before, my ear is getting better at picking them out, just have to work on getting them in clearer now

Posted: Feb 7th, 2015 11:16 AM
  PM Quote Reply
27th Post
jerseydude77

yeah, I'm thinking those replies from before that told we to quit it with noise were probably tricksters, my regulars now have told me to use it...and I'm getting much better results, I still have trouble with the faint stuff but I'm finally getting some clear replies in over the noise...in this one I hear "I'm here Brian" but still rather faint at around 2 seconds...and a fairly clear "I'm here" at around 7 seconds

https://soundcloud.com/jerseydude77/2-6-15-2-wav-a

Posted: Feb 9th, 2015 03:00 AM
  PM Quote Reply
28th Post
ArizonaEvp
Super Moderator

Your background texture seems to be working good.  It is drawing out the lower pitched responses.  I've found them to be more reliable.

Good job,
Ron

Posted: Feb 9th, 2015 02:08 PM
  PM Quote Reply
29th Post
jerseydude77

Thanks Ron, I'm starting to recognize the trickster responses better so hopefully they won't throw me off again, one thing that still has me a bit confused, and I have been reading up alot, but I guess I'm not far enough along yet to have a clear understanding, if there is one, where exactly are the voices coming from, I've only recorded in the same room, usually at around the same time, but on say weekends, I'll go in and record at a random time and still get lots of responses, and I've gotten comments about the room and things on my computer screen so I know they can see me etc.. but are they actually there?..or is it more like a webcam connection to wherever they are? that they are just looking in from their vantage point, sometimes when I ask about specific names I get back " he's coming" or "she's coming"....and when I've asked about where they were from on several occasions I get back alot of local town names where I live, I don't know, this part has still got me confused, are they around me? some place else and just looking in? or a little of both?

Posted: Feb 10th, 2015 10:27 PM
  PM Quote Reply
30th Post
Briah

I definitely heard a woman's voice around 33secs into the clip. Between 39-40 sounded much busier to me but I couldn't make out what's being said without amplifying it a little.

It's pretty surreal the feeling one gets when they first start recording. I get the same feeling every time. Be careful defining spirits as "tricktsters"- they may simply just be misunderstood or having problems communicating or do not understand. Also, in my own experience sometimes the voices I recorded were having their own conversations and then I would ask a question, record them and get suspicious as to why what they said had nothing to do with what I asked. Were they trying to be deceiving and mislead me? I came to the conclusion that they were just carrying on their own conversations that had nothing to do with me. However, I still get a LOT of swearing. Is that a sign of a malevolent, trickstery type? Perhaps... Maybe not?

Last edited on Feb 10th, 2015 10:27 PM by Briah

Posted: Feb 11th, 2015 12:04 AM
  PM Quote Reply
31st Post
jerseydude77

Thanks Briah, yeah I've only been at this for about a month, the whole thing is still very surreal to me, yeah it wasn't long before I started getting the not so nice replies, at first it was some stuff religious in nature, satan, evil, blah blah...but they've pretty much dropped that now, it's just some curse words here and there, actually some times they come in very clear and I compliment them, right now I'm focusing on getting a technique down with background noise, etc...etc.. to get clearer responses, so I'll take a clear insult or curse word over nothing, but it actually has been dropping off a lot now........here's one I got last night, anyone else hear "need more posters" at about 3 seconds?...thanks again, Brian

https://soundcloud.com/jerseydude77/2-9-15-10-session

Posted: Feb 11th, 2015 03:51 PM
  PM Quote Reply
32nd Post
jerseydude77

ok, no more acknowledging the hecklers, I was naïve there, just seemed to bring more on, ....lesson learned

Last edited on Feb 13th, 2015 01:10 PM by jerseydude77

Posted: Feb 11th, 2015 06:45 PM
  PM Quote Reply
33rd Post
Ray

Jerseydudedude77,
Here is a suggestion you might try,
I use an Olympus recorder VN-3100PC
and find that any settings above the "SP" mode will remove way to much internal noise while recording.
Above this setting you will need to add more background noise
such as prerecording but be sure that recording is not contaminated with voices.
Ray

Posted: Feb 13th, 2015 06:10 PM
  PM Quote Reply
34th Post
jerseydude77

Thanks Ray I'll check that out, I do have that model as well,..... man I'll never acknowledge the hecklers again, it's like they get together and come up with new strategies, now it's mind games, last night I got "today you lose Brian", "the house is ours" , "we're all over you"...big mistake to even slightly acknowledge them

Current time is 08:34 AM  
ITC Bridge > Instrumental Transcommunication (ITC) > Electronic Voice Phenomena (EVP) > My First EVP......Maybe ??? Top

UltraBB 1.17 Copyright © 2007-2008 Data 1 Systems
Page processed in 0.1903 seconds (19% database + 81% PHP). 25 queries executed.